Sequels Sequel With Different Cast or a Reboot: What Will Happen Next?

If they do a JL2 they need Superman. One of the mistakes of JL was having it with a dead Superman who wasn't even in the marketing. Some of us who love Superman are feeling a bit shortchanged. I would at least like a MOS2 with a Superman whose tone was like JL. Cavill did a great job. It would suck to lose him and what he could have been. If they did a JL2 and dumped Superman, I don't think I would be all that excited about seeing it tbh

I prefer they skip JL2 right now and do a legion of doom. JL2 can come later.

On a side note, Batman & Superman are my fav combo duo. Something like Public Enemies storyline could be fun

Any Justice League sequel needs to (at the very least) include the trinity at this point, and with Aquaman now established, could easily utilize him too (though it's possible to write him out depending on the threat, especially if he has a Kingdom to oversee and isn't able to lend a hand). I suppose you've got to utilize Barry Allen in some capacity too, though I'm not overly fussed about Cyborg at this stage.

Could always replace Aquaman and/or Cyborg with Shazam?

I do think though that before we see a Justice League II, every would-be member of said film first needs their own solo film (this includes a MoS II)

-The Trinity are a lock for Justice League. No doubt. I really think Cavill will return, he wants to come back, they’ve just got to strike a deal. Gadot is obviously going to return, she’s killing it as WW. Then we’ll probably see our new Batman return after The Batman.
-Aquaman will 100% be in the next one after his movie made 1B.
-If Shazam! does well, count on Levi popping up in JL2.
-I can see Jurnee Smollett-Bell’s Black Canary popping up, but seeing as BOP will be R-rated, maybe they’ll hesitate to bring her in.
-I think we can count on Cyborg sitting the next one out. Definite swing and a miss there. Ray Fisher was just as much the problem as the writing, CGI, and characterization were. They would be wise to get John Stewart on the team, he should’ve filled Cyborg’s spot in the first place. Can’t go two whole Justice League movies without a Green Lantern joining the team.
-I doubt the movie will be called Justice League 2. I can see it maybe being called Justice League: Doom or Justice League: War.

I figure they will name it something like that too, i looked up previous names for their animated movies etc and it wouldn't suprise me if they used names (and/or stories) from popular comics - it doesn't even need to 'make sense' to the GA.

JL: Tower of Babel
JL: Rebirth
Kingdon come
DC's: War

I keep reading further details about how misguided WB actually can be. Here's another recent tidbit Kevin Smith Reveals Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE Trilogy Plans, Including The Green Lantern Corps

It just really makes me mad how they sabotage themselves continuously. When this will stop is anyone's guess. The AT&T buyout is only thing that really gives a semblance of hope. The whole shakeup behind the scenes at WB really could mean anything though.

They shoot themselves in the foot continuously at the fans expense I feel and top dogs need to just fire themselves if this is to go on. Sorry.:cwink:

Given recent set pics for the Flash

It's looking very likely those rumors of Supergirl and Keaton sticking around after the movie are legit.

I suspect in a few years there's gonna be an attempt at a The Suicide Squad style soft reboot that'll probably bring back Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash, but add Supergirl and a few other new characters like Shazam. Also John Stewart if the Green Lantern Corps movie ever actually happens.

Cyborg is obviously gone and I'm not convinced that Batfleck is staying past the Flash movie.

I fully expect Supergirl to stick around, but Keaton as Batman? I'm not so sure. If there's ever going to be another JL feature, they're going to want someone who's got the muscle to portray a credible Batman - and an active one. When that time comes (cause lets be honest, it's going to be a good 5+ years away at least) I just don't see Keaton being in the position to do the role ... justice).

Cyborg/Fisher being out is obvious. Gal & Jason are practically guaranteed to reprise, as will Zacky. If Black Adam is introducing the Hawks, there's a chance we'll get modern incarnations of them for a future film too (could we not?).

Wouldn’t be surprised if we get a Justice League International from Gunn

Given that WB always wants to shake things up and show how cool and different they can be, might as well do a JL movie with:

WW
Aquaman
Flash
Shazam
Black Canary
GL
Black Adam
Martian Manhunter

With the WhiteMartains invading Earth.

JSA can do adapt the Thangar invasion.

A JL movie with Supergirl and Batgirl repalcing Superman and Batman is something I see WB pursuing

It won't be an easy sell though. They'll have fans and the "go woke, go broke" crowd attacking the movie at every turn

Sequel as Henry Cavill is returning, Batfleck ain't done, Wonder Woman 3 is happening and Aquaman 2 is probably going to be the safest bet for WBD at the boX office. The only question mark is Ezra. Cyborg is probably done.

Warner Bros. Discovery wouldn't be wise if they don't try to put these characters back in 1 film again, and perhaps include Shazam!, Black Adam and Blue Beetle in the roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"