• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Seth Rogen Will Observe and Report

This was good, not great. The funniest part was
Ronnie shooting the pervert point blank at the end.
Also, his bantering with Saddam was hilarious.

HHmmmm Seth Rogan is getting old now. He just does the same facial expressions and voices over and over again in all his films. I thought he was hilarious when I first encountered him in 40 year old virgin, but all his characters are pretty much exactly the same. And when you see the same thing too many times, it isn't as funny. So Seth Rogan just isn't funny for me.

Paul Rudd is the only genuinely funny guy out of that stable.

HHmmmm Seth Rogan is getting old now. He just does the same facial expressions and voices over and over again in all his films. I thought he was hilarious when I first encountered him in 40 year old virgin, but all his characters are pretty much exactly the same. And when you see the same thing too many times, it isn't as funny. So Seth Rogan just isn't funny for me.

Paul Rudd is the only genuinely funny guy out of that stable.
yeah, even paul rudd is getting a little old in my opinion. :o

Yea but I just find his facial expressions and voices ****ing annoying now. He ain't funny, he is just a fat loser and that leaves possibilities for funny moments.

Seth did a good job here, so maybe you just dig him.

Like what Catman said, every comedic actor plays the same character..dating back to Chaplin and the Marx Bros. Look at Bill Murray and Chevy Chase.

Bill Murray has actally taken a different approach to his films. Yeah, Robin Williams is Robin Williams most the time, but sometimes, One Hour Photo and such, he's definatly NOT Robin Williams. Bill Murray is the same way.

Bill Murray has actally taken a different approach to his films. Yeah, Robin Williams is Robin Williams most the time, but sometimes, One Hour Photo and such, he's definatly NOT Robin Williams. Bill Murray is the same way.

Good point, though they did such roles later in their careers (and they were older too since Seth now is only 26). I think Robin started in the mid to late 80s and I think Bill started with "Where the Buffalos Roam" or "Razor's Edge". I think Seth will have to venture onto new genres eventually, but he's got time.

I liked the movie, but I thought it had some issues. The major one was the tone, it seemed like they had the darker stuff in place and just threw in some random gags to put in the trailer and help sell the movie. It felt to me like it couldn't figure out what kind of film it really wanted to be...

How crowded was everyone's theater? My was surprisingly empty...it was raining pretty hard though.

mine was fairly packed. I got the impression that they liked it.

I liked Observe & Repot..I'll give it an 8.5/10. My friends like it too.

I thought it was better and more balanced out than Fist Foot Way, though I prefer Fist Foot's indie style.

I enjoyed enough of it to give it a B. I love dark twisted stuff and his fight scenes as well as the finale with the disgusting flasher were all full of win. It's no Anchorman or 40YOV, but it's about as good as Pineapple Express.

Jody Hill continues to impress me. Love Foot Fist Way, Eastbound and Down is an awesome show, and now Observe and Report. Awesome film. I just love the characters in the this movie and how screwed up some of them are. Ronnie has be one of the most delusional characters I've seen in a movie in awhile. And I thought Rogen played that type of character perfectly. I thought he did a good job in handling the different moods that Ronnie exhibited and am glad that he played character different than what we're normally used to seeing from him. I love how the humor was played out. It was mostly with the characters facial expressions and also had to do with how screwed up some of them were. Most of them were such *******s, but you couldn't help but like them. Jody Hill has a twisted sense of humor and really knows how to write a very flawed character, but have you actually root for them. And oh, I love the Oldboy style fight scene with the cops at the end. And of course the ending itself was fantastic. My only complaint really with the movie was I wish we got to see more Dennis. He was so damn funny and was an interesting character. I wish they devled into him a bit more. But again, this was exactly what I expected and I'm becoming more of a fan of Hill and look forward to what he does next.

8/10

I'll either check this out or Hannah Montana this afternoon. I'm taking my mother and niece out to eat for Easter, but something tells me we're going to the theater sometime. Haha...

This gets a 7.5/10 from me.

A very decent comedy. Nothing spectacular, but if you take out the memory of Paul Blart out of the equation, this movie is pretty unique in how it's written and directed.

Sure, it had some flaws, but this movies is obviously out for being a huge Seth Rogen vehicle with pure laughs and shock, which I felt it did pretty well. Michael Pena sort of annoyed me a little bit, but he was pretty funny at times.

Danny McBride is always a welcomed cameo and Patton Oswalt could've had more to do, but it was nice to see him.

I'm really digging this Collette Wolfe (Nell- the coffee girl). I see big things in her future. She just has that 'look'.

Just got back from it a little earlier, I loved every second of this movie.

If I had to compare it to anything, I'd definitely say it's very similar to The Cable Guy. 2 different funny men playing deeply troubled individuals who deep down are genuinely nice, sweet guys who have had a rough time growing up.

I loved the way Ronnie's character was written, and I for one, am not growing tired of Rogen, and I'm glad he took a departure from his norm even though we do see him toke up later in the film.

Despite the overall mean-spirited crassness of the film, there is this underlying layer of sweetness that you get a glimpse of with Nell and Ronnie's character, and his interactions with his mother.

Jody Hill really turned me off after I watched Foot Fist Way, but holy hell, I loved this movie.

8.5/10

And the little altercation with McBride's character was done well. It just made you say holy ****.

I loved this movie. I thought the FU banter between Rogen and Saddam was hysterical because it went on and on and on......loved every minute,loved Fist Foot Way and loved Eastbound and Down. Jody Hill is awesome.
Is the girl with the leg the same girl from Fist Foot Way?

I thought fist foot way was hilarious. Rogen is taking alot of digs but this definately looks like he is doing something different.

This was just alright. Could have been a lot better.

This was alright. Saw it with a packed crowd on Friday night and I was high as hell, and it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. The trailer for this was really cool, and most of the reviews were good, but it was underwhelming for me. Faris, Pena, ad the Asian twins were the funniest. Rogen's shtick got old fast.

I'd recommend I Love You, Man over this anyday. Still, I give it 7/10.

Rogans schtick got old for me about 2 years ago.

Is Faris hot in this? That could be the deciding factor on whether to watch it.

Rogans schtick got old for me about 2 years ago.

Is Faris hot in this? That could be the deciding factor on whether to watch it.
super fine. :up:

i say give it a try, 'cause rogen veers a bit from lovable loser we're used to. but don't expect too far of a departure. if you already hate rogen i dont know if this'll be enough to change your opinion of the guy.

i think the line that got me the most in the flick was:
"Why the ***** would I want to bomb the Chick-Fil-A?! That **** is DELICIOUS!

Movie was ok at best. Seth Rogen has diffenetly made funnier movies. That pervert part at the end was pretty nasty

6.5/10

i think the line that got me the most in the flick was:
"Why the ***** would I want to bomb the Chick-Fil-A?! That **** is DELICIOUS!
same here for me
as a brown man myself its so funny, i want to see a Saddam spinoff movie so bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"