Sequels Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 - Part 4

Honestly I think it's JLaw and then daylight... Nobody is coming close to her until the hunger games franchise ends, and by then, she might have even picked up a new big franchise.

I have faith that Marc Webb will get MJ right, he did Gwen very well, so hopefully we'll see 2/2.

I'm more worried about the producers then I am about Webb. They obviously have more sway than he does, and I don't think that they have a really good understanding of Spidey and his supporting characters.

That's a good point.

Would be a crying shame if they messed up MJ again...

I just meant right NOW, as in this month. With Fault in our Stars. Which she was pretty great in.

Shailene was amazing in The Fault In Our Stars, especially because she could easily film the emotional scenes. In every movie, her best scenes were usually those where she just breaks down for a bit.
If Shai is MJ in TASM3, I would to see an emotional scene, such as where her father is treating her badly since it was in the script.

"Gregory Hill: In the script MJ and her father have recently moved in next door to Peter and his Aunt… He’s run into her a few times, and seen that her father has a habit of getting drunk and treating MJ badly. If I remember right, the scene I illustrated has her dad going into the garage, and suddenly getting hoisted upside down from the rafters….where he meets Spider-Man. And gets a dressing down for how badly he treats his daughter."
tumblr_n83ljrbdfm1s8oxnfo1_500.png

Shailene was amazing in The Fault In Our Stars, especially because she could easily film the emotional scenes. In every movie, her best scenes were usually those where she just breaks down for a bit.
If Shai is MJ in TASM3, I would to see an emotional scene, such as where her father is treating her badly since it was in the script.

"Gregory Hill: In the script MJ and her father have recently moved in next door to Peter and his Aunt… He’s run into her a few times, and seen that her father has a habit of getting drunk and treating MJ badly. If I remember right, the scene I illustrated has her dad going into the garage, and suddenly getting hoisted upside down from the rafters….where he meets Spider-Man. And gets a dressing down for how badly he treats his daughter."

That's the last thing I want to see in the movie.

I agree with AngryFantasyFan. That scene sounds terrible for a number of reasons. I'm glad that they removed it.

You would assume, when they introduce MJ in TASM3 or later, she will be out of school and probably out of her house already. It might be interesting to make her an up and coming actress and assignment for Peter would be to photograph her at some event.

So people want MJ to still be living at home after college with dad at where she would be in her life at the point of the movie ? TASM 3 will be past the point where shes at home with dad

That just sounds like something from ASM2... LOL

You would assume, when they introduce MJ in TASM3 or later, she will be out of school and probably out of her house already. It might be interesting to make her an up and coming actress and assignment for Peter would be to photograph her at some event.

I actually really like that idea :up:

Let's not have Jennifer Lawrence come anywhere near a Spider-Man film. Especially now that HG series is coming to an end, I'm willing to bet she'll fall off the radar.

Last edited:
Let's not have Jennifer Lawrence come anywhere near a Spider-Man film. Especially now that HG series is coming to an end, I'm willing to bet she'll fall off the radar.

Dem some fighting words...

Oscar winning actress falling off the map after a YA movie series finishes? :huh:

Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Kristen Stewart, and Robert Pattinson, while not Oscar winners or nominees are still working.

I just realized that, with TASM3 having been pushed back, the 'new' title for this thread its actually more true than ever, and the possibility of her 're-upping' with Sony to play the character actually increased with the film being pushed back 2 years.

I want Shailene. I just saw Fault in Our Stars in my country, Italy, and she was lovely!!

I could totally see her as MJ, although she's played that "kinda reserved" girl twice now in the movies I've seen.

I'd hate to see another MJ that is like that.

I've fallen away from the "Jlaw for MJ" idea, not even sure if its good.

I'm on the fence.

She has more of a cute girl way than a woman like MJ.

Wouldn't mind if she was casted though.

She's nude in a new movie. I find that acceptable.

Yeah and she looks like a teenager. I personally prefer someone that looks a little more older.

Margot or Levy would be my choice.

To be fair, she's been very very good in every film she's done for a while now, she's extremely talented.

She really has, one of her best newer moments was in the Days of Future Past.:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"