• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Shazam!!! - Part 1

I see no problem with a kid turning into an adult superhero. It may sounds cheesy, but as long as there are dramatic moments and heavy action I will be happy.

But they have to name the film "Shazam" and not "Captain Marvel". Also in the film, the hero must be called "Shazam".

Because of the name "Marvel". It can't be used in a live action movie. "DC Comics' Marvel".... sounds wrong in every aspect. And it would confuse the average movie-goer very much.
Some people will even ask among themselves afterwards, as they are leaving the cinema, why this hero wasn't in Avengers.

Some people will even ask among themselves afterwards, as they are leaving the cinema, why this hero wasn't in Avengers.

I'm sure they'll say the same about Spider-Man and the X-Men. And the average movie-goer doesn't give anything remotely close to a damn about what superhero belongs to what company. "I don't want to see it because it's Marvel." isn't something the general movie-going public says.

Yes, it could confuse some people. But not to the point where they avoid the movie.

But then again, if Flashpoint is any indication (which I'm fairly sure it isn't) then he might end up being Captain Thunder.

Because of the name "Marvel". It can't be used in a live action movie. "DC Comics' Marvel".... sounds wrong in every aspect. And it would confuse the average movie-goer very much.

Wrong. They could absolutely use the name "Captain Marvel" IN the movie, just not as the TITLE of the movie, same as the comics. And, the average moviegoer MIGHT be slightly confused, but so what? If the movie itself is fun and entertaining I doubt they'll dwell on that. In fact, the general audience isn't all that clear on the difference between DC and Marvel anyway.... you'll probably have alot of general audience members wondering why Batman, Superman, and GL aren't in Avengers too.

Travis Milne (Rookie Blue) for Captain Marvel.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2691819/

62453030.jpg

3083020.JPG

rookie-blue-16.jpg

Here's hoping CAPTAIN AMERICA gives this project a little steam.

Wrong. They could absolutely use the name "Captain Marvel" IN the movie, just not as the TITLE of the movie, same as the comics. And, the average moviegoer MIGHT be slightly confused, but so what? If the movie itself is fun and entertaining I doubt they'll dwell on that. In fact, the general audience isn't all that clear on the difference between DC and Marvel anyway.... you'll probably have alot of general audience members wondering why Batman, Superman, and GL aren't in Avengers too.

I think Marvel Comics won that Lawsuit

Avengers will come out way before this. You can't worry that much about John Q public.

Glad to see this thread continuing but a film featuring Captain Marvel will NEVER happen.
That ship has sailed. =(

It might happen in the future at some point.

I seriously doubt it, and business @ the box office should be changing for the worst. Under the new financial climate I doubt The WB would take a chance with Captain Marvel. Only the Batman film property is a revenue generating property. Once the new Superman film tanks, I can't see The WB investing in Captain Marvel.

Superman's gonna tank? Nobody's seen a single frame of footage.

I'm not going to watch an 8 minute video because you can't think of a response that isn't an emoticon.

I'm not going to watch an 8 minute video because you can't think of a response that isn't an emoticon.
lol seriously check it out. I dare YOU!
Besides my responses are considered "TROLLING" around here, so I keep it simple and "emoticonic".
That's right jerky I made up a word.

Last edited:
Let me guess. Some uber-faithful comic fans on Youtube are complaining about the suit?

Wait!
"Some uber-faithful comic fans" you did watch it. lmao

Don't be scared watch it. I watched your two minute "MOOK" vid.

Well, shucks. I'll return the favor then.

OK. I still don't see what that has to do with the movie tanking. The suit is overly blue, so? If the movie looks cool nobody will care that Faora has a cape. Hell, I don't think anybody will care that Faora has a cape no matter what.

Wait!
"Some uber-faithful comic fans" you did watch it. lmao
Nope. Simple deduction. Given the context in which you posted it, it was clearly negative and who else would make the image for their video Superman, Miranda Tate, and Spider-Man? But I have since watched the Superman segment, as mentioned above.

OK. I still don't see what that has to do with the movie tanking.

You are correct.
I have nothing concrete to base my $.02 opinion on the new film.
To me, Warners Brothers are just clueless regarding Superman.
I would like for you and anyone else to just take my comment and note my negative stance on the subject matter and leave it at that.
Time will tell if I'm incorrect or correct, but I'm quite sure that too will be based on one's opinion and perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"