Should Marvel Studios Eventually Start Doing Non-Comic-Based Films?

I can't believe we're even talking about this.

The point of Marvel studios was to self-finance their own films based on properties they own. They always love to brag about how they have over 4000 characters in their library, and have mention in press releases how they want to make movies based on most of their characters down the line.

Now that Disney owns Disney, Marvel studios isn't all that important, and is really nothing more but a logo to tell the audience in the future that, "Hey this is a Marvel film get ready for a superhero action." If anyone had an idea at Marvel for a romance movie, it would most likely get sent to Disney, and be turned into a Touchstone movie or something.

Come on people, a Dr.Bong solo movie would be made first before an original Romanic comedy based on nothing from a comic.

You know ... I never thought about them running out of ideas for "Marvel movies" before ... even if they did, if they stuck with the whole action/sci-fi bit that they do now, they still could come up with amazing movies ... It would be great to see them do up their own version of a spy/James Bond character but with the cooler techy gadgets that all their current characters have ...

Define eventually, because the way I see it is they've got an infinite amount of movies available to them, after all the avengers stuff has seen its course we'll be close to 2020, then they might touch on more obscure characters like Dr.Strange or even the "epic" story arcs from the comics like Secret Invasion and Siege.
So no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"