Should the "Year One" treatment be done for other DC heroes?

"Archer's Quest" covered Green Arrow's early years pretty well. Not quite the structure of a Year One story, but it was just as good.

Yeah, right. If they were gonna do any Legionnaire's Year One story, you know it'd be Matter Eater Lad.

cerealkiller182 said:
Villains is a good idea too CaptainStacy, specially since the origin of Joker is limited to flashbacks in THe Killing Joke as far as I could tell.

But, that's what makes the Joker so creepy...we know what happened to him, but there are so many unkowns too....it's the x factor.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, right. If they were gonna do any Legionnaire's Year One story, you know it'd be Matter Eater Lad.

Presenting Matter-Eater Lad!

He was born....and like the rest of the people on his planet is able to eat any matter at all. With no matter.

The End

cerealkiller182 said:
They ever tell the story about how Jonah Hex got scarred?
He was branded with a heated hatchet. But doesnt he have a string of tissue that connects his upper and lower lip near the middle of his mouth? How could that come from scaring? I always liked Hex, he seemed to be a cowboy version of the Punisher, only Hexed killed for fun and profit.

TheCorpulent1 said:

Heck is there a Legion year one?

What about Plastic Man or Elongated Man?

Metal Men might be cool....

not_a_victim said:
He was branded with a heated hatchet. But doesnt he have a string of tissue that connects his upper and lower lip near the middle of his mouth? How could that come from scaring? I always liked Hex, he seemed to be a cowboy version of the Punisher, only Hexed killed for fun and profit.

It was a tomahawk, not a hatchet. And the string of tissue was because the skin melted over onto his botom lip. And he doesn't kill for fun. He's a bounty hunter. Often, his jop requires to bring people in alive. It's just, sometimes he likes to dish out some old fasioned justice.

The Question said:
It was a tomahawk, not a hatchet. And the string of tissue was because the skin melted over onto his botom lip. And he doesn't kill for fun. He's a bounty hunter. Often, his jop requires to bring people in alive. It's just, sometimes he likes to dish out some old fasioned justice.

The "fun and profit" thing was an obviously pitiful stab at tongue-in-cheek humor.
Where I'm from, "hatchet" means anything that looks like a small axe. Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"