Shyamalan's "Split" (James McAvoy)

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Joaquin Phoenix, M. Night Shyamalan & Jason Blum In Talks To Reunite On New Project

by Ali Jaafar
August 26, 2015 9:39am
EXCLUSIVE: Joaquin Phoenix is in negotiations to reunite with M. Night Shyamalan for a new feature project that will start shooting in November in the director’s hometown of Philadelphia. The project will also bring Shyamalan back together with Jason Blum, who will produce. The two worked together most recently on upcoming Universal release The Visit. Marc Bienstock also produces, while Ashwin Rajan and Steven Schneider are on board as exec producers.

As with most Shyamalan projects, the logline is being kept fiercely under wraps. Deadline understands that the new project will be on the lower end of the budgetary scale, more in keeping with The Visit (budgeted at $5 million and fully financed by Shyamalan) than, say, the likes of The Last Airbender ($150 million).
Phoenix and Shyamalan worked together previously on Signs in 2002 and The Village in 2004. The director looks set to enjoy something of a renaissance. The Visit, about a single mother who finds that things in her family’s life go very wrong after her two young children visit their grandparents, has been generating strong buzz. Wayward Pines, the TV series Shyamalan exec produced and directed the pilot for, has also been a ratings winner for Fox.

The Phoenix-Shyamalan-Blum reunion is not set up at a particular studio. Phoenix and Shyamalan are both repped by WME. Phoenix is also with Sloane Offer.

I'm torn between a "yay...?" or an "uh oh" response. *shrug*

#InJoaquinITrust

WTF!

He turned down an opportunity to be in a movie with Jake Gyllenhaall/Amy Adams for team up with Shaymalan?

Lawd! I do love and respect Joaquin's no ****s given attitude. He works with who ever he wants. I hope this could be some sort of redemption for M.Night finally. Joaquin will turn down both DC and Marvel and does not give a ****. Hell, it would be cool if Willis now joined.

Shyamalan must have something on him. :funny:

On a serious note, is it too much to hope that MAYBE this is now the start of Shyamalannaissance?

On a serious note, is it too much to hope that MAYBE this is now the start of Shyamalannaissance?

I dare you to say that 100x. :funny:

Shyamalannaissance might be too much, but at least one good film in God knows how many years.

I trust in Based Joaquin.

Night just needs to stay away from the big-budget Hollywood system. It's not for him. I think he's on his way back with The Visit, Wayward Pines, and whatever this is.

Say what? The Visit will get **** reviews.

Eh, we'll see.

The Visit, about a single mother who finds that things in her family’s life go very wrong after her two young children visit their grandparents, has been generating strong buzz. Wayward Pines, the TV series Shyamalan exec produced and directed the pilot for, has also been a ratings winner for Fox.

For every film since Lady in the water (his first real "stinker" if you ask me, but I actually enjoyed it on a smaler scale), we've hoped that Shyamalan would get back to his old glory.
And his later work, I actually like it. Doesn't matter how everybody throw s**t at those films. Granted, they aren't masterpieces, but still.

I haven't liked any of Joaquin's recent films, despite his constant award nominations. And I haven't liked a Shayamalan film since Signs, maybe? Though Wayward Pines was decent. So I'm not expecting much from this. But hey, it can't be worse than The Happening, right?

How does Shyamalan keep getting work? Is it voodoo or blackmail?:hmm

Last edited:
He financed his last film.

tumblr_inline_nldz5dSbEC1t30gb4.gif

I hope it's good.

And doesn't rely on a twist, AGAIN.

I don't care enough about Joaquin to offset how little I care about M. Night.

#Pass

I am curious what the film is about.
I am skipping The Visit.
It doesn't look remotely interesting .

Last edited:
This is actually a horror thriller. Night confirmed it in an interview for The Visit. It's on YouTube.

Sorry Joaquin, not even for you.

He's still allowed to make movies? :o

Last edited:
I have never seen the Lady In The Water.
With everything that I have heard,
It doesn't sound like something that I would like .

I have never seen the Lady In The Water.
With everything that I have heard,
It doesn't sound like something that I would like .

Paul Giamatti with an unbutton blue polo, while trying to rescue Jessica Chastain from a black wolf and she knows the future. M.Night has his own storyline in the movie, he will become a great writer, but will be killed by a lesbian named Chloe. All this will happen to him before his sister's fourth child. In the film's narrative she ain't married yet etc. Ok, so he has to gather these five fat sistahs to do some sort of magical chant in order for this goddamn eagle to swoop in and take Chastain away to safety somewhere unknown. The asian folks in the movie have legends that turn out to be some true real ****. This other mexican bro is the muscle and he can freeze the wolf with his eyes. After all this **** happens, we see GIamatti being more happy and confident with himself and he may or may not run into anothah redheaded sexy woman. The End.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"