• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sibling Casting in Movies

LostSon88

Superhero
Reaction score
What do you guys/gals think are some of the best casting of families in movies? Like they really look as if they could be brothers/sisters/mother/father, etc. in real life? Off the top of my head:

Brothers:
Bana/Bloom in Troy:
1_troy.jpg

Bean/Wenham in LOTR
faramir&boromir.gif

And to help keep this thread goin', go ahead and post some of the worse...i'm sure there's a couple out there...

Worst? Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning in War of the Worlds.

IMO it wasn't that bad...mostly b/c she looks like Miranda Otto...the actor playing his son however was pretty good. There's kind of a resemblance there...

16_waroftheworlds.jpg

One of the worst. The fact that Evans was great and Alba sucked polarized it even more.

hmmm, forgot about miranda otto. Ok i changed my mind.

alba and evans I can accept cause jhonny is adopted.

I know it's not a film....but PRISON BREAK was a great choices. They look like brothers.

prison-break.jpg

prisonbreaktv_215.jpg

Prison_Break_224947m.jpg_thumb.jpg

tt5934b70c46a3f04c.jpg

Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman. Do they look alike? No, not in the least. But that doesn't matter.

matt damon and heath leadger......for worst in Brother Grimm

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman. Do they look alike? No, not in the least. But that doesn't matter.

What movie was this?

Oh, gotcha.

Yeah, they wouldn't pass off as sisters...

But the fact that they're in the same movie does intrigue me... :word:

Bana/Bloom, Bean/Wenhan and the Prison Break guys look nothing alike beyond wearing the same clothes and/or having the same hairstyle.

One of the best brother duo ever was in tv, and was Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Peirce in Frasier, spot on! Sorry it's not film, but still a good example.

One of the worst in such an amazing film was Al Pacino, James Caan and John Cazale as the Corleone bros. in The Godfather.

Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear in "Stuck on You," although I guess that was intentional.

None of the family members in "The Family Stone" looked anything alike, but I suppose that's just a testament to the suckiness of that film.

That-Guy said:
None of the family members in "The Family Stone" looked anything alike, but I suppose that's just a testament to the suckiness of that film.

My gosh, I hated The Family Stone. It was an incredibly dreadful piece of garbage. My biggest complaint is that all the trailers amde it look like a straight comedy, and then all of a sudden it becomes a tearjerker? What the ****. And what's really sad is that it had a really talented cast.

primemover said:
One of the best brother duo ever was in tv, and was Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Peirce in Frasier, spot on! Sorry it's not film, but still a good example

Indeed. Great chemistry aswell.

LostSon88 said:
What do you guys/gals think are some of the best casting of families in movies? Like they really look as if they could be brothers/sisters/mother/father, etc. in real life? Off the top of my head:

Brothers:
Bana/Bloom in Troy:
1_troy.jpg
I've never thought Bana and Bloom looked alike whenever I've watched Troy but there is definitely a similarity in that picture.

primemover said:
One of the worst in such an amazing film was Al Pacino, James Caan and John Cazale as the Corleone bros. in The Godfather.

Agreed...their looks are all over the place. Although I guess Talia Shire (Connie) could pass for Pacino's sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"