• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Silver Surfer movie Anyone?

I'm so there, Silver Surfer was the best thing about ROTSS. I can't wait to see him carry his own film:up:

I'm so there, Silver Surfer was the best thing about ROTSS. I can't wait to see him carry his own film:up:

Indeed, I'd probably pee myself seeing a whole movie devoted to him.

I'd worry about how they would do Thanos, though.

Him being an alien is meaningless. Ever hear of Superman?

As for him being cold, so? Cold characters have been interesting. You just present moral conflicts and deep issues like his comics do, and the audience will love it.

Yeah but superman look far more human than SS!

Surfer is humanoid. That is enough.

They should include Mephisto, and I hope it is the bloated, monster version that John Romita, Jr. created..

Yes.

Just keep it away from Tim Story.

That no talent hack should be flipping patties at the local bar & grill, not directing Marvel movies.

Yes.

That no talent hack should be flipping patties at the local bar & grill, not directing Marvel movies.

Fair enough, that's your opinion...but I rather enjoyed the 2nd F4 :o

He did a respectable job on the Surfer.

Yes.

Tim Story did a great job with a little more freedom in FF2.

Tim Story did a great job with a little more freedom in FF2.

Doom still seems like someone who I can beat up.

Galactus was terribly done.

Sue still doesn't act like Sue.

FF2= crap.

As someone else said on these boards..Silver Surfer is too good a character for Tim Story. The FF can be cornball at times, so I can cut Story some slack on that, but I have a hard time seeing him giving the Surfer the credit he deserves.

I can't agree. Story is a new director, but the Surfer was spot on, despite the problems with the movie. Story can handle him, but the problem is FOX. FOX will screw up a SS movie just like they did with all the other comic properties in their stable.

Tim Story is not right for a Surfer movie. He is good with handling charcter relationships, not being really preachy and focusing on isolated characters.

absolutley!!!!!

Dont Know About Story....

But It Should Have The First Run Feel!

Should Have The Somberness Of Kirbys Surfer With The Sci-fi
Effect's And Visuals Of Starlins Vision...

This Should Be Mostly A Space Film no Skrull's Please

Would Like To See Thanos And The Watcher

Flash Backed Origin

And Lots Of Sky Riding!!

story Got The Final Scene Right With The Surfer Flying Back Up To Galactus!!!!

story: No
doug Jones: f@ck Yes!

The only way Silver Surfer should be brought to a movie is with Doug Jones playing him entirely or not at all. That guy is always getting the shaft because of movie makers.

The Surfer was the reason FF2 was enjoyable so I am all for him getting his own movie.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/808/808908p1.html

SDCC 07: JMS Sheds Light on Silver Surfer Movie
The writer discusses where the story will pick up and how Galactus will be handled.
by Chris Carle

US, July 27, 2007 - During an interview at today's Comic Con International, prolific storyteller J. Michael Straczynski spoke to us about the Silver Surfer film he's writing for Marvel Studios.

"It picks up right where the FF movie left off and it's designed to answer the questions that were asked in the movie but really weren't dealt with there, which [were]: Where did he come from, why did he become the Surfer and what is he doing here now?"

When asked about the handling of Galactus in Rise of the Silver Surfer, Straczynksi replied, "I thought it was all they could do in the course of that movie, but in the second movie, you will see more of him." He went on to say, "You don't want to sort of blow out something that big and massive for one quick shot in the first movie… Where you're showing the origin of the Surfer, that's where you do it; that's where you blow it out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"