How They Shoulda Done Silver Surfer

gambitfire said:
^You need to learn to keep things to yourself. :)
AND WTF IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD!?!
I think it's had it's run. LS CLOSE!! PLEASE!!
No kidding.
Seconded and thirded, LS. This thread has served no purpose whatsoever.

gambitfire said:
^You need to learn to keep things to yourself. :)

AND WTF IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD!?!

I think it's had it's run. LS CLOSE!! PLEASE!!

:D
bubbles.gif
There's a spider on your back.

Do I smell a troll here ? Right on Malus, read the comic and you will see next to Dr. Doom, the SS was a big part of the development of the FF series in the early years, a very big part, then he got his own comic. SS right here in this sequel is perfect, then finish it off in the 3rd movie with Galctus, and Franklin. :woot: Then if they do a 4th, wherever they chose to go but SS in FF 2 is perfect.

No sorry even after the first movie ,the public dosent KNOW who the f.f. are. The movie did not have as much an impact as say x-men to leave a lasting mark. The f.f. flick was one of those come and go type of movies.
And according to most of you,by your logic ,you cant do an iron man or cap or thor movie without bringing in the avengers first.
I own and have read over 2 thousand comics so dont be tellin me to go read a comic.

Because we all know those character all made their debuts in the Avengers right everyone?

:whatever:

violin.gif

Malus said:
Very uncool, dude.
(You been drinkin' some of that Kool Aid yourself or somethin'?)

Jeez, what is it with people slamming other nationalities this week?

See? This is what happens when someone posts an outline of their fan fiction Silver Surfer trilogy.
No good can come of such a thing.

I mean I've got this really compelling outline that I'd love to share (Conjunction Junction engineer vs Predator!) but I won't, for fear of creating just this kind of conflagration...

Are Timer and Just a Bill in it too? That would be awesome...

K.B. said:
No sorry even after the first movie ,the public dosent KNOW who the f.f. are. The movie did not have as much an impact as say x-men to leave a lasting mark. The f.f. flick was one of those come and go type of movies.
And according to most of you,by your logic ,you cant do an iron man or cap or thor movie without bringing in the avengers first.
I own and have read over 2 thousand comics so dont be tellin me to go read a comic.

Thanks for your opinion. :yay: It was filled with an immense amount of information that shows your knowledge taken from the over 2,000 comics that you own. I'm totally amazed. Really. :cwink:

K.B. said:
Wow, you're really trying to win the Booby Prize, aintcha?
Thor, Iron Man and Cap ALL appeared elsewhere before they were in AVENGERS. AVENGERS did not give birth to those characters.
FANTASTIC FOUR did give birth to the Silver Surfer. And that particular FF story is considered by a great many fans and comics historians to be the single greatest superhero adventure tale ever told in the medium.
(I thought you'd read a lot of comics?)
So maybe what is called for here is a little LEAVE THINGS THE HELL ALONE...LEAVE THINGS THE WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE.

That's what happened (for the most part) with the Spiderman flicks and what do you know, it worked out pretty well.

The Silver Surfer is making his debut exactly where he should.
For good or bad, most seem to agree that an FF film is where he belongs.
Because the FF is where he came from.The FF is where he appeared many times before anyone ever thought of giving him his own comic.
And as for that, The Surfer's had umpteen shots at keeping a series afloat, and his book always succumbs to low sales. While the FF have just kept chuggin' along, month after month, for 45 continuous years.

K.B, you really don't know what you're talking about to state that the public "doesn't know who the FF are." Despite its mediocre quality, the FF movie was a box office success around the world. That equals exposures, which equals public awareness.
My God, more people became aware of the Fantastic Four through the Burger King promotional alone than the total number of human beings who have ever read a single panel of the Silver Surfer in any comic.

Okay, this is ridiculous. My kids are waiting on me to help them make a jack-o-lantern.
I almost forgot I have a life.

I think the thread should be closed, just to save this guy any more embarrassment. Dang, I feel bad for him after that.

You're a meanie Malus, but I love the phrase "booby prize".

I applaud your attempt to make this thread relevant, Hunter.

EWW PAM LOOKS OLD AND BUSTED THERE!!!

and im not talking about her breast when i say busted.

Although it's good too see her flotation devices are still working properly.

That barbwire tatoo is 5 years away from being a picket fence.

I brought up the avengers thing because someone mentioned how important the silver surfer was to the f.f. mythos and how he helped build it etc. Well those charecters all were avengers but you dont need to bring that up if you were to make a movie about them or even one about the avengers for that matter. (look at the fact that they are making films about hawkeye, ant man ,tigra etc..without making any avengers flicks first gasp!)
And just cuz someone has seen a bk commerciel dosent mean they remember the movie its tied into. Yes WE know what the f.f. are and all but "joe avereage" dosent. This movie made about as much impact as daredvil,or elektra or the punisher..ie: number one or 2 at the box officer opening week but then sinks like a brick the next.
You guys seem to be the fans that keep wanting to see the hulk show up in a spider man movie and similer garbage that WOULDNT work in a film.
I'm all for keeping things faithful to the sorce materieal but there are times when it is ok to diverge and maybe do things a little different. There are points to this story that would be better suited to explore properly in its own film instead of trying to rush it to fit an hour and 30 mins.

Oh yeah and the ff is a FLAGSHIP marvel book and would NEVER be canceled. thats the only reason its lasted and not been canceled.

Part of the reason the original story works so well is that, after being introduced to the awesome, godlike surfer, we are curious where he came from and want to find out more about him.

Just like Godfather II, the original Dr. Doom origin and Darth Vader it's much more interesting to see a mature, powerful character first and then learn about his/her humble beginnings.

Not only is it faithful to the comics and good planning from a marketing point of view . . . the way they're doing it is also the best artistic choice.

Ideally I would have liked to see the FF have more time to mature before they took this leap, but as long as they're making the leap, it makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons to do it this way.

K.B. said:
Oh yeah and the ff is a FLAGSHIP marvel book and would NEVER be canceled. thats the only reason its lasted and not been canceled.

You're a glutton aren'tcha? lmao wow

Willie Lumpkin said:
Part of the reason the original story works so well is that, after being introduced to the awesome, godlike surfer, we are curious where he came from and want to find out more about him.

Just like Godfather II, the original Dr. Doom origin and Darth Vader it's much more interesting to see a mature, powerful character first and then learn about his/her humble beginnings.

Not only is it faithful to the comics and good planning from a marketing point of view . . . the way they're doing it is also the best artistic choice.

Ideally I would have liked to see the FF have more time to mature before they took this leap, but as long as they're making the leap, it makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons to do it this way.

Can you elaborate on those things alittle?

TripleF said:
Can you elaborate on those things alittle?

I think Godfather II (referring to Vito Corleone's story) and Darth Vader are two good examples. How different would those films have been if they were presented linearly? In my opinion they wouldn't have been nearly as good. Not only would we, the audience, be somewhat bored at the beginning - Possibly not caring about the characters or where the story was going, but when we eventually got to the points where the first films started, we wouldn't have had the sense of awe. It's like our parents. As long as we've known them, they've been mature, smart, strong people. It's almost hard to imagine that they were ever kids, and that makes their childhood fascinating to us.

The same goes for the surfer. He should be an incredibly powerful and intimidating character in this film. We should see him as something that we could never imagine ever being human. Then, when they go back in another film and tell his origin, it will be fascinating to see how Norrin Radd went from nearly human alien to God.

When you think Fantastic Four Rogue galleries, who's at the top of that list?

Doom, Moleman, and Galactus.

So here we have an oppurtunity, to do one of the most powerful and famous villains of FF and that is Galactus. Are you going to have Galactus without the Silver Surfer?

Yes the Surfer was such a great character that he had a story of his own developed and got his own title. But it was all because of FF.

A Galactus story with FF can't be missing SS.

I totally get that SS should have his own trilogy, but right now he's a part of this one, and for the sake of the franchise i hope it works out for the best.

Willie Lumpkin said:
I think Godfather II (referring to Vito Corleone's story) and Darth Vader are two good examples. How different would those films have been if they were presented linearly? In my opinion they wouldn't have been nearly as good. Not only would we, the audience, be somewhat bored at the beginning - Possibly not caring about the characters or where the story was going, but when we eventually got to the points where the first films started, we wouldn't have had the sense of awe. It's like our parents. As long as we've known them, they've been mature, smart, strong people. It's almost hard to imagine that they were ever kids, and that makes their childhood fascinating to us.

The same goes for the surfer. He should be an incredibly powerful and intimidating character in this film. We should see him as something that we could never imagine ever being human. Then, when they go back in another film and tell his origin, it will be fascinating to see how Norrin Radd went from nearly human alien to God.

Unfortunately we don't know that this is how it has been written. Sounds good, but if it doesn't come off that way, then the rest of your scenario will be pretty weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.B.

TripleF said:
You're a glutton aren'tcha? lmao wow

Jeez Louise.
I have got to be done here.

Good luck with the intervention, everybody.

Look Im not against him being in the movie im just saying it would have been better if they had stuck to there guns and gave him his own franchise. Will ff2 be good? hell no it will more than likely be as big a let down as the first one was.
And that is one way to look at doing his story but you could also show that he was the only one willing to sacrifice for his planet and what he gave up. The lose of his humanity to become this god like being then of course the eventual regaining of that humnaity.
My outline for a Silver Surfer trilogy does give the best stuff from his various stories. Anyone who has follwed ff or even the silver surfer books knows the stuff that I've pulled from.So it wouldn't invovle the ff. So what? Did any of you have a problem that they wouldn't be invovlved when he was getting his own movie? Probably not. But one fan has a good logical way to tell the surfers story and suggests it and hey...all the pretentious comic snobs come out of the wood work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"