• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Silver Surfer Spin-off Plot Idea.

Jennifer Walters

Attorney at Law
Reaction score
Basic idea I just had for what I think would make an awesome SS spin-off:

The first 30 or so could explain Zenn-La, show Norrin Radd on his home planet and with his love, perhaps Galactus has a herald before the Surfer that comes to Zenn-La to prepare it for destruction. This herald could be killed by the Zenn-Lavians. And in a plee to save the planet and his love Norrin becomes the Silver Surfer.

We could then rejoin Surfer moments after Rise of the Silver Surfer, where he learns that having defied Galactus has broken the vow and Galactus is very much still alive and is returning to consume Zenn-La.

Basic gist of the plot. Could possibly fit the Inhumans in some where as well. Maybe as allies of Norrin who want something from Zenn-La in exchange for their help to defeat Galactus.

Interesting, but doesn't the Big G having another herald before the Surfer diminish his sacrifice to become the herald?

If they do a spin-off, I hope they keep it away from Earth all together. This should be another STAR WARS, lots of alien worlds, etc. This would be a good place to put Skrulls, Kree, etc.

All sounds great, I'm stoked for a Surfer flick. I was one of the many skeptics as to the character's translation to film, but Rise has me sold. Plus, I'm a sucker for origin stories.

Well, I think him having a herald before Norrin seems logical in a way and also gives way for a nice extended cameo from one of the Big G's other heralds from over the years of comics, but perhaps you may be right.

My question is whether or not they'd stick to continuity and make Galactus' former herald unique from the Silver Surfer or if the surfboard would be a token that is passed down from herald to herald, effectively making the Surfer more of a generational mantle than an individual character.

I think it will be completely an origin story. Silver Surfer before he became the herald. And the sacrifices he made. And the planets that got consumed. Perhaps the previous herald before him.

I will admit it has been almost 40 years since I read SILVER SURFER #1, but I seem to recall the whole point was that he was the first herald, that it was Norin's idea to serve as a scout for Galactus in exchange for not eating his world. It just seems that having him as the next herald sort of takes away from that.

But hey, I never liked Stan's take on the origin, anyway. I always felt Jack's version - a being that was a clean slate, created by Galactus from raw cosmic energy - was better. I know it's too late to do anything about it now, but I still recall my disappointment as a child when I read #1, is was 180 degrees from what had come before!

Silver Surfer is no longer the first herald in 616. That title belongs to the Fallen One.

Now Silver Surfer vs. The Fallen One would be a great battle on the screen if they decided to pursue that... maybe Galactus would force Surfer to face the Fallen One in order to save his planet (surfer with endowed powers of course)

I think it works better having the Surfer be the first Herald of Galactus.

Having the Surfer go back to Zenn-La, all the while on his way remembering his former life would be great.

I am torn. On one hand an origin movie would be something that could be incredible on film. i would love to see a lot of it as him preparing worlds and the true power of the Big G. A real introduction of the big G along with a couple heralds would be great. The Story ending with our hero realizing that he is nothing but a servant with no control over his life.

However, if it is a spin-off--then it needs to be a race back to Zenn, cause Galactus is on his way back and pissed off with a group of heralds.

Than, Thanos after that.

I Think The 1st Film Should Be An Origin Story For The Surfer. Make Us Care For This Character As A Person. Tell The Story Of How He Became Galactus' Herald. Show Some Alien Worlds Being Destroyed. Show The Surfer/Galactus Have An Almost Bad Father/Son Style Relationship. The Movie Should End With The Surfer Coming To Terms With His New Self, His Resentment Towards Galactus, & A New Planet For Galactus 2 Consume...EARTH. Sort Of A Silver Surfer Origin/Prequel To FF4:Rise Film.

If They Make A Silver Surfer 2, It Should Start After The Events Of FF4:Rise. Show The Surfer Return 2 The Real Galactus, Take A Stand Against Him, & Have Galactus Tell Him His Curse Is To Forever Be The Surfer. If They Could Cover That In The 1st Half Hour, The Rest Of The Movie Should Be All Surfer & THANOS!!!

This is sort of like my idea...

i like the idea of there being past heralds.. i think it makes perfect sense that the big G always has had one...

but i don't think the surfboard should be passed down, but i do think every herald shapes the cosmic power into what ever the ride on...

terrax rides on a chunk of rock for instance... firelord a clear disk or hell make his flaming baton his "surfboard"

it'd be kinda interesting if Norin, on his home planet did some activity that was like surfing on our earth, which is why the cosmic power took that form

but i don't like the inhumans being involved.. just doesnt mesh as well as the kree and the skrull... infact, i'd put the surfer in the middle of there war

i like the idea of there being past heralds.. i think it makes perfect sense that the big G always has had one...

but i don't think the surfboard should be passed down, but i do think every herald shapes the cosmic power into what ever the ride on...

terrax rides on a chunk of rock for instance... firelord a clear disk or hell make his flaming baton his "surfboard"

it'd be kinda interesting if Norin, on his home planet did some activity that was like surfing on our earth, which is why the cosmic power took that form

but i don't like the inhumans being involved.. just doesnt mesh as well as the kree and the skrull... infact, i'd put the surfer in the middle of there war

I think it is more relevent for him to be the first because if they constantly betray him, why would he bother? If we see Galactus needing to feed quicker and quicker, and then Norrin makes his offer, it makes more sense to me he'd say yes if his heralds didn't constantly screw him. Plus, it gives the Surfer more of a special place with Galactus having him be the first.

I was never fond of the idea of heralds preceding the Surfer in the comics, and I sure would like it in the movie.

I think it is more relevent for him to be the first because if they constantly betray him, why would he bother? If we see Galactus needing to feed quicker and quicker, and then Norrin makes his offer, it makes more sense to me he'd say yes if his heralds didn't constantly screw him. Plus, it gives the Surfer more of a special place with Galactus having him be the first.

I was never fond of the idea of heralds preceding the Surfer in the comics, and I sure would like it in the movie.

umm the surfer would be the first to betray him, the other could have been defeated or galactus found a herald he liked better and replaced them. thats pretty idiodic thinking because "why would galactus still want heralds after surfer betrayed him?" wouldnt he assume all would eventually do that?

umm the surfer would be the first to betray him, the other could have been defeated or galactus found a herald he liked better and replaced them. thats pretty idiodic thinking because "why would galactus still want heralds after surfer betrayed him?" wouldnt he assume all would eventually do that?

They would still all be failed experiments, so why would he continue to bother. With Norrin, it is a new concept, and something that might catch Galactus attention better.

I think the Surfer should be the first, period. It works better.

They would still all be failed experiments, so why would he continue to bother. With Norrin, it is a new concept, and something that might catch Galactus attention better.

I think the Surfer should be the first, period. It works better.

maybe because "galactus" is a cosmic force of nature that has to always be around... and always must have a herald?

maybe because "galactus" is a cosmic force of nature that has to always be around... and always must have a herald?

What is this, the heart of Davey Jones plot hole in POTC:AWE (where the slayer needs to cut his heart out for no reason when Jones didn't have to originally)?

Galactus was around for the beginning of the universe. How did he survive all those years without a herald? That would not make sense unless you change Galactus' origin completely.

The Surfer being the first makes more sense. The only reason to add a Terrax would be so Galactus charges the Surfer with destroying him (in order to become the new herald, destroy his treacherous old one).

What is this, the heart of Davey Jones plot hole in POTC:AWE (where the slayer needs to cut his heart out for no reason when Jones didn't have to originally)?

Galactus was around for the beginning of the universe. How did he survive all those years without a herald? That would not make sense unless you change Galactus' origin completely.

The Surfer being the first makes more sense. The only reason to add a Terrax would be so Galactus charges the Surfer with destroying him (in order to become the new herald, destroy his treacherous old one).

well im sure he wasnt around since the start of the universe...

btw callisto cursed davey jones.. and gave him a role that (in greek mythology for instance) a god would have to do, with him dead there'd be no one left to do his job... she tricked jones into doing her bidding and cursed man kind to fill his role if something were to ever happen its hardly a plot hole

well im sure he wasnt around since the start of the universe...

btw callisto cursed davey jones.. and gave him a role that (in greek mythology for instance) a god would have to do, with him dead there'd be no one left to do his job... she tricked jones into doing her bidding and cursed man kind to fill his role if something were to ever happen its hardly a plot hole

The plot hole lies in the heart...not how Jones came into service.

And by comic origin, Galactus existed prior to the Big Bang, so he was there when this universe started.

The plot hole lies in the heart...not how Jones came into service.

And by comic origin, Galactus existed prior to the Big Bang, so he was there when this universe started.

thats the curse...

well by comic origin galactus was also a being before he became galactus... so something had to exist before the big bang ;)

thats the curse...

well by comic origin galactus was also a being before he became galactus... so something had to exist before the big bang ;)

Yes...not heralds...he was the sole survivor.

There is no reason to make him always need a herald. None. Norrin offering his service is more unique and I think sets up their relationship much better.

Yes...not heralds...he was the sole survivor.

There is no reason to make him always need a herald. None. Norrin offering his service is more unique and I think sets up their relationship much better.

he became galactus after that event though...

ya, theres no reason to... and no reason not to.. every relationship is unique... surfers is because he chose to be it to save his planet.. that enough

he became galactus after that event though...

ya, theres no reason to... and no reason not to.. every relationship is unique... surfers is because he chose to be it to save his planet.. that enough

There is more reason not to, as it just creates logic holes for him to have to have a herald. Like why would he have to give a fraction of his power to lesser beings all the time...such as would this not weaken him more as opposed nourish him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"