• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Sinister Six in ASM3

If they bring in Black Cat they better do it right
not only her character and motives but also
She's Spidey's love interest anything less other might very well tick me off

If they bring in Black Cat they better do it right
not only her character and motives but also
She's Spidey's love interest anything less other might very well tick me off

For me, Gwen is the only one who had to be a love interest. Betty, MJ, and Felicia are more fleshed out characters who've had a presence in Peter's life when they weren't romantically involved with him. I'd be fine if Peter and Felicia had a similar relationship to Steve and Nat's in The Winter Soldier.

Thinking Mysterio or chameleon seeing as the image signifies mystery.... but my main guess is it will be.... dun dun dun... SPIDERMAN!

The Sinister Six lineup I think should fit with the theme of animals.

1. Rhino
2. Chameleon
3. Vulture
4. Doctor Octopus
5. Scorpion
6. Goblin (the leader)

To have Kraven and Mysterio be surrounded by that is like picking up a carton of strawberries.... Only to find a random grape and banana in there!

And I reckon the Lizard and Black Cat will come to Spider-Man's aid.

Three words: Goblins aren't animals.

Twelve words: Kraven is far more animalistic than most of the other animal-themed members.

But seriously, Mysterio is a must-have. Him, Ock and Electro are to the Sinister Six what Cap, Thor and Iron Man are to the Avengers! I can't wait for ASM3 to confirm that he's been present in this trilogy all along, from Fiers' vanishing act into and out of Connors' cell, to Peter's hallucinations of Captain Stacy!

Goblin's aren't animals?

Right. And next you'll be telling me the Spice Girls aren't together anymore :whatever:

:o

The original Sinister Six were: Dr. Octopus, Vulture, Electro, Kraven, Mysterio, and The Sandman.

The Ultimate version was the same except Green Goblin replaced Mysterio.

Preferably, I'd love to see an incarnation of The Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, The Sandman, The Lizard, Electro, and The Vulture because Mysterio sucks!

For me, Gwen is the only one who had to be a love interest. Betty, MJ, and Felicia are more fleshed out characters who've had a presence in Peter's life when they weren't romantically involved with him. I'd be fine if Peter and Felicia had a similar relationship to Steve and Nat's in The Winter Soldier.

But with more flirting!

What I'd like to see in ASM3 is a film centered around the Goblin hierarchy. Go WAY in depth into the characters of Norman and Harry, their relationship and the reason they love/hate each other. All the while Oscorp/The Gentleman is trying to set up this Sinister 6 team. Bring Norman Goblin in (maybe he wants to outdo his son, maybe he wants to avenge his son? maybe he just wants to pretend to be his son) oh also, SURPRISE he's not dead!

Gobby and Spidey duke it out. Both bloodthirsty. Goblin ends up dead (Peter thinks its Harry until revealed as Norman) now Harry has another vendetta. Otto Octavius is indirectly involved in the final battle and in the ensuing action he has his fateful accident. Goblin is defeated and Ock sets his sights on the Sinister 6.

Leading to the eventual team up in Sinister 6:
Doc Ock
Electro
Rhino
Vulture
Kraven
Mysterio

What I'd like to see in ASM3 is a film centered around the Goblin hierarchy. Go WAY in depth into the characters of Norman and Harry, their relationship and the reason they love/hate each other. All the while Oscorp/The Gentleman is trying to set up this Sinister 6 team. Bring Norman Goblin in (maybe he wants to outdo his son, maybe he wants to avenge his son? maybe he just wants to pretend to be his son) oh also, SURPRISE he's not dead!

Gobby and Spidey duke it out. Both bloodthirsty. Goblin ends up dead (Peter thinks its Harry until revealed as Norman) now Harry has another vendetta.

That is an awesome, winning idea, proxy! :woot:

Gobby and Spidey duke it out. Both bloodthirsty. Goblin ends up dead (Peter thinks its Harry until revealed as Norman) now Harry has another vendetta. Otto Octavius is indirectly involved in the final battle and in the ensuing action he has his fateful accident. Goblin is defeated and Ock sets his sights on the Sinister 6.

Doc Ock
Electro
Rhino
Vulture
Kraven
Mysterio

This would be a perfect scenario for the sequel. Don't see how the Goblin can be main character of the Sinister Six film after what he did in ASM2. Hopefully this trilogy ends with the final showdown between Peter and Green Goblin, and let Octopus finish what Harry has started. It would be cool to have Mysterio make appearance with the Goblin in ASM3 and have Ock's origin.
Vulture and Kraven can be easily introduced in the SS film as they don't need much of a backstory.

I'm not so sure anymore that the Rhino will be one of the Sinister Six.

I know, hear me out...

Ok, yes, we saw the Gentleman talking with Harry about getting a group together. Obviously this was all about the Sinister Six. And this all seemed to apply to the now, meaning TASM3 and not a few years from now.

At the same time, it seemed like they missed an opportunity. When Harry was asked how many, and he replied "I want to keep it small", he could have easily came back with something like, "Let's go with Six".

But they stayed away from that, for some reason. Instead they talked about "the first candidate", Aleskei Sestevich.

Next we see the Rhino armor, a quick report about Aleskei escaping prison, and the Rhino attacking in the street. But the main purpose of this scene was not to set up the Sinister Six, but instead to show the city (and the audience) that Spiderman is back and that he is starting to move on after the loss of Gwen.

Now, we got to see a few stupid things, with the kid and the fist bump and all that, but then Spiderman effectively grabbed a manhole cover, knocked aside a few missles and then slingshot a manhole cover at Rhino's dome - fade to black.

Now, yes, they could start TASM3 right at that point, but why? Seems like Spidey has that battle well in hand. Sure, they could have it that the manhole cover didn't do the trick and make the battle go on, but why? Yes, they could have the Rhino escape, just to bring him back again with a couple of other baddies, but again, why? We've seen that Spidey can, actually pretty easily, defeat the Rhino. Plus let's be honest... most of us do not like the mech Rhino.

So, what if the Rhino is done? He seems to have served his purpose. Guess they could have him go through a cross-species transformation, but for the most part, he served his purpose.

So what if the Rhino's defeat is used to teach Harry that he needs the villains to strike as a team and not individually as he did with the Rhino. And that could lead to the Six. Harry could be one, or they could even leave him in prison, operating things behind the scenes. If you really think about it, all we know for sure about the make-up of the Six is that it will include:

1. Doc Ock and
2. Vulture

The rest are really up for grabs. Of course they could use Electro, who is a common member of the Six, but the drawback is that his story has been told and an actor like Foxx would likely NOT like being back-up.

Personally I would like to see Harry's Goblin as the "leader", so that he could be the one that is defeated last in a one-on-one battle with Spiderman.

That would mean that the other five are made up of Doc Ock, Vulture and maybe one other that would be the new guys. Maybe Scorpion could work, or Mysterio, since I would rather see Kraven saved for a future movie (Kraven's Last Hunt - for example). Fill in the Six with Doc Connors (who would - in the end - escape) and Black Cat, who is hired to steal something for the Six, who would turn and help Spiderman, taking out one or two of the Six for/with Spiderman. And this would set up the final battle against Harry-Goblin with Peter being forced to kill him in the end.

The post credits scene could be the Gentleman "reviving" Norman, using the spider venom or even Harry's blood, which turns Norman into a true Goblin. This sets up TASM4. Another good way to do it would be to just leave Norman as dead, have the symbiote (some black goop) in the movie and Peter having to use it to be able to defeat the Six, Harry being killed off and Peter descarding the goop, saying that he felt he was "losing control" or something. Goop finds Brock and we're set for Venom in TASM4...

That is an awesome, winning idea, proxy! :woot:

This would be a perfect scenario for the sequel. Don't see how the Goblin can be main character of the Sinister Six film after what he did in ASM2. Hopefully this trilogy ends with the final showdown between Peter and Green Goblin, and let Octopus finish what Harry has started. It would be cool to have Mysterio make appearance with the Goblin in ASM3 and have Ock's origin.
Vulture and Kraven can be easily introduced in the SS film as they don't need much of a backstory.

Thanks guys. Cool to get some positive feedback on this site for once in my life. :p

I just totally think the Goblin(s) should be left out of the S6 and given an entire ASM film to play in. I'd honestly go for something like this (though some of it may be far-fetched):

ASM3 (2016): Primary antagonist is Goblin (Octavius/Toomes introduced)
ASM4 (2018): Primary antagonist is Kraven (black suit introduced)
Venom (2019): Primary antagonist is Carnage (Garfield provides voice acting)
ASM5 (2020): Primary antagonist is Mysterio
Sinister Six (2021): Primary antagonist Spider-Man? Garfield provides voice acting

idk. Obviously I'm confused about how this is going to work, but I'm excited to see them try.

On the other hand, I could also see them doing something like this:

ASM3: Goblin stuff (Octavius and black suit introduced)
ASM4: more Sinister Six intro stuff with spidey in Black Suit the entire movie with very little side effects (Ock and/or Kraven and/or Mysterio)
Sinister Six: Black Suit Spider-Man IS the villain. the 6 go from wanting to stop him, to being forced to stop him.
Venom: Brock gets the suit, Spider-Man knows why he has to stop him. They fight Carnage together.

Doc Ock
Electro
Rhino
Vulture
Kraven
Mysterio

I love that line-up! I feel Harry or Norman shouldn't really be in the Sinister Six, but then again, if Webb insists on it, I won't exactly be mad either. Go with the flow, I say. So long as Vulture and Mysterio are in there...

On the other hand, I could also see them doing something like this:

ASM3: Goblin stuff (Octavius and black suit introduced)
ASM4: more Sinister Six intro stuff with spidey in Black Suit the entire movie with very little side effects (Ock and/or Kraven and/or Mysterio)
Sinister Six: Black Suit Spider-Man IS the villain. the 6 go from wanting to stop him, to being forced to stop him.
Venom: Brock gets the suit, Spider-Man knows why he has to stop him. They fight Carnage together.

:hubba WOW, i like that premise for Sinister Six in which they come together to take down symbiote Spidey.

My pick for the Sinister Six would probably be:

Doc Ock
Vulture
Electro (recasted)
Kraven
Mysterio
Black Cat

If what you guys are saying is that the symbiote controls Spidey making him the "bad guy" for the Sinister Six movie, then I can't agree.

When and if they do the symbiote, and if they make it "change" and/or "control" Peter, that needs to be told from the point of view of Peter. The idea that Spiderman is now wearing the black suit and is evil is too far off the original story and wouldn't fit. The idea of the lesser of two evils being the good guys is not a good story. We're supposed to root for Peter, not the Sinister Six!

If what you guys are saying is that the symbiote controls Spidey making him the "bad guy" for the Sinister Six movie, then I can't agree.

When and if they do the symbiote, and if they make it "change" and/or "control" Peter, that needs to be told from the point of view of Peter. The idea that Spiderman is now wearing the black suit and is evil is too far off the original story and wouldn't fit. The idea of the lesser of two evils being the good guys is not a good story. We're supposed to root for Peter, not the Sinister Six!

You bring up a good point. However, lesser of two evils is what I'm sure we'll get with Sinister Six, and I dont think they necessarily make bad stories. Most crime thrillers and heist films are essentially lesser of two evil stories.

When Sinister Six was first announced, I'd always assumed that one of the Osborns and Oscorp would be the villains of the story while the Sinister Six represents a group of people wronged by Oscorp via experimentation or accidents.

Kind of like a "taking back their humanity" story. Wait a sec, that sounds kinda like Wolverine Origins ......

Too far off the original story? Have you seen the Green Goblin in this most recent film?

Black suit spider-man toeing the line between good and evil is very much the original story.

Although I do believe the TASM3/TS6/V films will all tie together, obviously, I don't think Andrew will ever wear the Sym...although, I can certainly see how/why many view that possibility, in a S6 film against Spidey, directly leading to Venom spinoff.

it's not that it doesn't follow the original story.

Super Jim just brought up the point that they're going to compromise some serious story potential if the Sinister Six helps free Spidey from the symbiote rather than focus the story on Peter Parker's internal struggle to free himself from the symbiote and beating it through luck and sheer will.

However, the S6 movie could include both stories and parallel the 6's redemption with that of Peter Parker freeing himself from the power of the symbiote.

^ My main point is that we have to assume that a Sinister Six movie would be told from the point of view of the Sinister Six. But, first, they are not heroes. They're not even anti-heroes, like Deadpool or Venom.

See, a Venom story could work because Venom turns into an anti-hero and does good things, albeit not in the most hero like way, but still.

The Six are not like that. They are evil. Sure, maybe not all of them. For example, Doc Connors/Lizard isn't completely evil, but Ock, Vulture, Rhino, Mysterio, etc. are villains, through and through.

The general audience doesn't want to root for the villains, so it's hard for me to understand how this will work. Either it's a Spiderman movie told from Peter's point of view, or it's a Sinister Six movie told from the members of the Sinister Six's point of view.

IMO, if they go with the black suit/symbiote storyline, and use the thread that it changes/controls Peter, then that should be told from the point of view of Peter, in a Spiderman movie. So that is what doesn't make sense to me, having a story where the bad guys go after the good guy who is being made to be bad.

And although I agree that Webb and company have been willing to make some changes with certain things, like, as ppinted out, the Goblin, overall it wasn't done too far off track. Actually, I knid of liked Dehane's portrayal and in general the costume was pretty good:

the_amazing_spider_man_green_goblin_bio_60358.jpg

Much better than:

Or:

4de81e9336212.jpg

And no one is arguing that the black suit and Peter "toeing the line between good and evil" is per canon, just that IF they go that route then it should be told in a Spiderman movie from the point of view of Peter Parker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"