• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sleeping Dogs

I actually bought this recently and blasted through it. It's ok. You can tell it used to be a True Crime game and has the lack of polish you would expect. Vehicles don't have the best handling and you would think the melee combat would be better given that's your main means of taking on enemies. The concept had potential in better hands and they spent more money on big names wasted on terrible roles than they should have on the team developing the game.

Loved this game back in the day, yeah its not got the polish of a Rockstar open world game but the setting and characters were great. Shame it never got a sequal.

Is there likely to be another game in future?

Is there likely to be another game in future?

I doubt it. The devs shut down in 2016, but at the same time Sleeping Dogs was originally a True Crime game before they ended up with those devs.

It would depend if whoever holds the IP currently wishes to have one made. Though I did hear a rumour a while back that there was talk of making a Sleeping Dogs film. So who knows.

Yeah unlikely sadly, was surprised when it got updated with a definitive edition for new consoles.

I doubt it. The devs shut down in 2016, but at the same time Sleeping Dogs was originally a True Crime game before they ended up with those devs.

It would depend if whoever holds the IP currently wishes to have one made. Though I did hear a rumour a while back that there was talk of making a Sleeping Dogs film. So who knows.
Oh, didn’t realise that. Always a shame when that happens. :csad:

Sleeping Dogs was the most tragic victim of the post-FF14 Square-Enix scapegoating, IMO.

Just finished the Definitive Edition. This is basically GTA and Mafia but in Hong Kong with the Triads. This is the most dated looking open world game I've played in Ps4 next to Assassin's Creed 2/Mafia 2. I don't like the comic book look. It looks like if Telltale Games made an open world game, it would have looked like this. This didn't look like a 2012 game that's been remastered. A lot of the textures in the open world didn't look high-res and I hate when things look blurry. The best thing about this graphically is when the road is wet and I can see the reflections from the lights.

This wasn't in my waitlist because I thought I wouldn't see this in retail stores as I never saw it being displayed before. But one day I looked it up in the mall and I was surprised that they had a stock. I've read that this is an "overlooked" open world game and the sales didn't meet Square's eXpectations. But since it checked the boxes in the type of games I usually play, I had to play this.

My favorite thing about this is Hong Kong. Hong Kong was the 1st city I've been to outside of my country. This game brought back memories. A couple of the voice actors are also familiar to me.

To be honest, I didn't like this game. I dislike the combat. I always have to press the dodge button again and again not to be killed. The gun shooting here is one of the worst shooting I've seen in a game. I always dread fighting with a dozen of enemies here. I think I've restarted too many times because I've always been killed off during a mission.

I didn't get attach to the characters because the story was short and some were killed early or didn't appear much. I liked how dense the map is and I liked some features like jumping to cars, ramming cars, karaoke, the code number puzzle, the foods, but I didn't enjoy this. The dated graphics and the difficulty affected the eXperience for me. Its a siX out of ten for me.

I'd like to see a neXt gen open world game set in modern East Asia with the Triads or Yakuza or just a game set in this region. Speaking of Yakuza, I never played any of the Yakuza games because aside from a dozen of games already released, the graphics look a bit cheap to me compare to the other big open world games. And ironically, I just played Sleeping Dogs and thankfully, its just 1 game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"