• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleepy Hollow

Status
Not open for further replies.
The show and the character of Crane were doing just fine before Katrina came to the present day. She isnt nearly as crucial as you think.

She didn't necessarily have to come to the present day to have an impact. Arguably she had more impact from purgatory.They didn't really know what to do with her after that,because in "present day" she took too much away from the Abbie/Crane dynamic. If she was put at odds with Abbie,she'd become the "unsympathetic one" for some reason.

They just mishandled the character. Plan & simple. I get that Abbie & Crane are the stars/main draw.Don't get me wrong,I love their interaction and their partnership needs to be the focus most of the time. But if the show does continue,I can't imagine it having the sort of timeless romantic quality it had of Crane and his "timeless love". It'll just be "How long can we drag it out before Crane & Abbie are in the sack and the fans get tired of it?"

And the adventure continues....unless they get cancelled.

Yeah you could tell they wrote something to bookend the series incase they don't come back

It's probably going to be like Stargate.

They keep writing season finales that bookend things incase they don't come back

Then they get renewed only to NOT be prepared for the eventual axe.

Pretty cool ending. Things were wrapped up quite nicely, just in case it gets canceled. I really would like to see a New season.

Man, they really botched Katrina's character. They could have explained that Henry tainted her mind when she pricked her finger on the black rose petals and that's why she did a 180.

I hope the series continues but it seems unlikely.

Is it normal that we still don't know if the show is renewed or not ?

If they come back you know both Katrina and Henry will return. They'll find a way.

If they come back you know both Katrina and Henry will return. They'll find a way.

And the name of the next episode is....................Ghosts from the Past! Possible. :woot:

Is it normal that we still don't know if the show is renewed or not ?

nah, I'm sure that we'll be hearing something soon... maybe sometime in March, but they'll probably hold off till May... I hope not THAT long, though...

Katrina would have been fine if they just used her as a regular member of the team, but they just had to place too much of a spotlight on her. The weak love triangle thing with her, Crane, and the Horseman was really bad. They seemed so torn on what to do besides keep her in the limelight when she really would have been best being their supernatural fighter. I think that season 3 could be about them taking on a bunch of evil witches that discovered their powers when the bell rang. Katrina could have played a nice part in that with or without being a villain, but they tried to pull a Vince McMahon and make everyone like her at the expense of all the other characters.

And the poor Kindred is just out there looking for a father. They'll find him one day, and he'll be all the awesomeness they'll ever need.

The route they went with Headless and Henry definitely hurt her character a lot, neither were deserving of empathy and yet she was giving it, and causing a rift between Crane and Abbie with her manipulating Crane into illogical choices regarding two ruthlessly evil characters. It made her irritating to me and I imagine garnered much stronger reactions from other fans.

The Kindred as the weapon of a new big bad daddy is hopefully the route they go with season 3, if we get one.

If it doesn't return, fanfic will take care of the rest. Sadly.

Not surprised, I didn't realize all the little drama that has been happening behind the scenes with this show.

image.jpg

I wonder if they finally invited her to do commentary after she called them out

The Walking Dead and changed Showrunners on a regular basis and still remained incredibly successful.

The Walking Dead and changed Showrunners on a regular basis and still remained incredibly successful.

They also got much better when Scott Gimple was made showrunner instead of them constantly changing. He's a guy that understands the comic, so he's pushed the show towards being better and more consistent like the comic while allowing it to do its own thing. Hopefully Sleepy Hollow gets a good showrunner on it like that. Goffman seemed to push Katrina way too hard, and I bet it's because he's probably a huge Jean Grey fan.

Beharie is a trip. I forget she's still in her 20s.

They also got much better when Scott Gimple was made showrunner instead of them constantly changing. He's a guy that understands the comic, so he's pushed the show towards being better and more consistent like the comic while allowing it to do its own thing. Hopefully Sleepy Hollow gets a good showrunner on it like that. Goffman seemed to push Katrina way too hard, and I bet it's because he's probably a huge Jean Grey fan.

That or a case of business with pleasure if you catch my drift

Well the actress hated her storyline so i don't it was for pleasure lol

I was concerned for a minute with them more or less writing that finale as a possible series ender.

Phew! When I saw the thread bumped I feared the worst. 18 eps is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"