SM3 alternate ending?

Iron Lizard

Civilian
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere there was an ending where Venom kills or injure Sandmans daughter then Sandman kills Venom and later Sandman kills New Goblin?

whats the word?

The word is ********.

One of the many cut or unfinished scenes was after Sandman gets hit by the missle and collapses, his dying daughter shows up(another cut scene reveals that no matter how much money he steals and gets to the doctors, his daughter is dead regardless) and hugs him and convinces him not to fight anymore. Which is why he just stops fighting after his giant avatar gets destroyed and isn't seen until after the rest of the battle is finished.

This movie- and the ending especially- get a lot of crap, and while I'm a big fan of the movie I agree with the ending having tons of problems. Not that your or anyone cares, but in my ideal world the film would have ended with Gwen in the car, Harry deciding to show up on his own without Bill Paxton's dad OR Mary Jane explaining things to him and asking him to help, Venom biting Sandman and Sandman dying, then Topher getting locked away for future stories. But hey, I'm just no one on the internets, and they get paid big money to make movies, so maybe I'm wrong.

To have the Sandman stop fighting because his daughter is going to die regardless would be a completely ineffective ending.

Sandy needs to stop fighting because he realises what he is doing is wrong, as he does in the movie. If he doesn't learn that lesson, it's pointless and his arc is ruined. It's like Vader turning away from the Dark Side because the Emperor calls him a pr**k.

This makes me wish for a Spider-man 3.1 dvd even more,maybe even with a deleted scenes special feature...to see what was filmed and wasn't used.

This makes me wish for a Spider-man 3.1 dvd even more,maybe even with a deleted scenes special feature...to see what was filmed and wasn't used.

Exactly, why haven't they release one yet is beyond me...

Cos Raimi and his crew have been sacked! They did the 2.1 DVD. The scene with Venom blackmailing Sandman in Central Park was definitely filmed (the alley way scene was almost certianly a re-shoot).

However the Gwen/MJ kidnap switch didn't get filmed, although that switch happened after filming began.

What the original intention was for Venom we will never know. He dies in the novelisation, but in a very different way.

Oh, and he dies in the videogame in yet another different way.

All three deaths make it tricky for him to ever come back.

To have the Sandman stop fighting because his daughter is going to die regardless would be a completely ineffective ending.

Sandy needs to stop fighting because he realises what he is doing is wrong, as he does in the movie. If he doesn't learn that lesson, it's pointless and his arc is ruined. It's like Vader turning away from the Dark Side because the Emperor calls him a pr**k.

No it's not. He stops fighting because he wanted to get Spider-Man out of the way so he could rob banks for money for his kid. If his kid was going to die anyway, there would be no reason to rob banks. It actually makes perfect sense. He doesn't even stop in the movie because he understands what he's doing is wrong. He just stops for no reason.

In the JUNIOR novelisation, the ending is so crappy it makes no sense...

*Hary lays in bed watching the final battle, wondering if he should help Spider-Man or the other two.

*Meanwhile, the REAL battle is qiong on, and Spider-Man is battling Sandman and Venom on the Ground! He is getting punched back and forth in between the two.

*Sandman goes giant. Pucnhes spidey once, then he is about to finish him, (Like at that part where The New Goblin shows up).

* But nooooo, Venom has to take Spidey into the construction site and finish him himself!

* Sandman just stands their, I seriously do not know what happens to him...

*Venom and Spidey fight. Spidey makes noise, and Venom dies.

*The New Goblin, okay I think he's still in bed by the time the battle is over.

*And Peter and Mary Jane get back together.

*...I do not know what happened to Sandman...

What I would've liked to have seen is this: Sandman realizes that what he's doing is wrong so he turns on Venom. After a brief fight,Venom kills Sandman(either through a bite or trapping him in concrete like Spidey did in SSM). Spidey and Venom battle for a while untill Harry comes along,but Venom is too powerful and ends up killing Harry as well. Spidey then figures out that sounds hurts the symbiote. He clangs the metal pipes together and seperates Brock from the symbiote. He then hurls a few pumpkin bombs into the symbiote,Eddie dives in screaming,"Nooooo!!!" We follow Spidey as he dives for cover and the explosion happens(but we never actually see it). Spider-man comes back to investigate the scene as he see's pieces of the symbiote burning up in the fire....but no Brock. Peter assumes he died.
Cut to the end of the film when Peter and MJ hug in the bar,and the camera follows them out into the street. As they pass a dark alleyway we see Brock slowly step out of the shadows and glare with menace at Peter and MJ as they walk down the street. He smiles to reveal his grotesque Venom teeth.
End credits.

What I would've liked to have seen is this: Sandman realizes that what he's doing is wrong so he turns on Venom. After a brief fight,Venom kills Sandman(either through a bite or trapping him in concrete like Spidey did in SSM). Spidey and Venom battle for a while untill Harry comes along,but Venom is too powerful and ends up killing Harry as well. Spidey then figures out that sounds hurts the symbiote. He clangs the metal pipes together and seperates Brock from the symbiote. He then hurls a few pumpkin bombs into the symbiote,Eddie dives in screaming,"Nooooo!!!" We follow Spidey as he dives for cover and the explosion happens(but we never actually see it). Spider-man comes back to investigate the scene as he see's pieces of the symbiote burning up in the fire....but no Brock. Peter assumes he died.
Cut to the end of the film when Peter and MJ hug in the bar,and the camera follows them out into the street. As they pass a dark alleyway we see Brock slowly step out of the shadows and glare with menace at Peter and MJ as they walk down the street. He smiles to reveal his grotesque Venom teeth.
End credits.

:up::up:

in the novel, venom kills himself, by accident. Not eddie, venom. IIRC, it was some sort of impalement?

No it's not. He stops fighting because he wanted to get Spider-Man out of the way so he could rob banks for money for his kid. If his kid was going to die anyway, there would be no reason to rob banks..

Exactly. There is no character arc there, just a logistical barrier. His ultimate goal becomes impossible, that's all. What he is fighting for is taken away from him.

That's lame, and depressing.

It's better that Sandy realises that what he is doing, even with the best intentions, is wrong, and that he is not a killer. That's an arc and character development.

an alternate ending should of been where venom lives and becomes more powerful by bonding with another host (venom reproduces) and eddie brock is still the original venom

The word is ********.

One of the many cut or unfinished scenes was after Sandman gets hit by the missle and collapses, his dying daughter shows up(another cut scene reveals that no matter how much money he steals and gets to the doctors, his daughter is dead regardless) and hugs him and convinces him not to fight anymore. Which is why he just stops fighting after his giant avatar gets destroyed and isn't seen until after the rest of the battle is finished.

This movie- and the ending especially- get a lot of crap, and while I'm a big fan of the movie I agree with the ending having tons of problems. Not that your or anyone cares, but in my ideal world the film would have ended with Gwen in the car, Harry deciding to show up on his own without Bill Paxton's dad OR Mary Jane explaining things to him and asking him to help, Venom biting Sandman and Sandman dying, then Topher getting locked away for future stories. But hey, I'm just no one on the internets, and they get paid big money to make movies, so maybe I'm wrong.
I post here like once a year. But I'm posting now to say I'd have loved that ending!

Would it have been as bad or as inconsistent of Sandman not wanting to hurt Spidey and only helping his daughter to then agree to KILL Spidey with Venom?

It should end with a Venom final swing.

:up:

Exactly. There is no character arc there, just a logistical barrier. His ultimate goal becomes impossible, that's all. What he is fighting for is taken away from him.

That's lame, and depressing.

It's better that Sandy realises that what he is doing, even with the best intentions, is wrong, and that he is not a killer. That's an arc and character development.

Exactly.

While there are several deleted scenes that I think could well have enhanced the film (particularly that other Venom/Sandman team-up scene), this last one with Penny would completely undermine Sandman's arc as a redeemable villain.

How was he redeemable at all as is? Venom shows up and says "lets kill the spider!" And then he's all "ok." Then for no reason he gives up trying to kill Spider-Man. Venom didn't force his hand in trying to kill Spider-Man, he was just like "ok". There was no reason for him to stop and all the sudden feel bad.

And you know, how did he even know that Ben was Peter's Uncle? Even if he knew that Ben had a family how did he know what they look like? Man Spider-Man 3 was messed up.

Loved the Harry Peter fight scenes though...

And you know, how did he even know that Ben was Peter's Uncle? Even if he knew that Ben had a family how did he know what they look like? Man Spider-Man 3 was messed up.

...What? :confused:

Are you asking how Flint knew Ben was Peter's uncle?
Probably when Peter said "You had a choice when you killed my uncle."

How was he redeemable at all as is? Venom shows up and says "lets kill the spider!" And then he's all "ok." Then for no reason he gives up trying to kill Spider-Man. Venom didn't force his hand in trying to kill Spider-Man, he was just like "ok". There was no reason for him to stop and all the sudden feel bad.

Flint had a change of heart. He wanted Spider-man out of the way so he carry on stealing, but he is not a killer by nature. Venom came to him at a point of weakness and used Penny's situation to get him on board.

Flint recognised Peter's face which triggered his surrender. It's not clear how he know's who Peter is, but he does. Doesn't bother me at all. Maybe he found out Ben's family from the press surrounding the murder, it is consistant with his guilt over the incident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"