SM3 alternate ending?

Welcome to movies and plotholes. Pretty much all movies have them in some way or another.

It's very funny that the novelization got it right though :awesome:

I should have kept it though, it was a very nice read.

Welcome to movies and plotholes. Pretty much all movies have them in some way or another.

Yeah but most movies have one or two. Spider-Man 3 had dozens of them.

-Like the fact Peter and Eddie were in the same church at the same time? Ok. In the comics Eddie shows up days later.
-Or how about the fact everything on Flint Marco turns to sand other than the picture of his daughter.
-Or how about the alien symbiote landing right next to Spider-Man.
-Or how about the guy who actually shot Spider-Man's uncle happens to get super powers right when he finds out he was the guy who shot his uncle.
-Or how about the fact Mary Jane has been kidnapped by super villains THREE TIMES and no one has put it together that she probably knows Spider-Man. And all three times her kidnapping got all kinds of attention.
-Or how about the fact that Sandman says he isn't a killer but then just says "ok" to killing Spider-Man like it was no big deal. Even the video game did a better job of explaining why Sandman helps Venom.
-I really hate the scene where Doc Connors is talking to Peter about the symbiote and says it's not unlike the meteorite of the 70's. He basically says "look an alien" and they both seem all nonchalant about what may be the biggest discovery in human history.
-Or how about the fact Eddie is angry with Peter for taking Gwen out on a date when he thinks that she is his girl. But then later on Eddie grabs MJ instead of Gwen! How does he even know about MJ? He's mad at Peter for dating Gwen, so he grabs a chick he shouldn't even know about. The whole movie was a giant mess.

Like I said dozens of plot holes, script problems, and horrible writing. I could go on and on. And before you point your finger at Avi Arid, he only made Raimi do one thing, add Venom. He didn't tell him how to put him in. Raimi and his brother wrote ONE Spidey movie. Do you know which one? You guessed it, part 3. He got to write, produce, and direct it and people still try to give the guy a pass on the movie sucking. Raimi is the reason part 3 sucked. Arid didn't make him write in all those plot holes, he didn't make him put in the horrible dance sequence, and he didn't make him ruin Spider-Man's origin. That was all Raimi.

Last edited:
^^^ Most of those are just bad writing than plot holes, imo.

-Or how about the fact Eddie is angry with Peter for taking Gwen out on a date when he thinks that she is his girl. But then later on Eddie grabs MJ instead of Gwen! How does he even know about MJ? He's mad at Peter for dating Gwen, so he grabs a chick he shouldn't even know about. The whole movie was a giant mess.

Like I said dozens of plot holes, script problems, and horrible writing. I could go on and on. And before you point your finger at Avi Arid, he only made Raimi do one thing, add Venom. He didn't tell him how to put him in. Raimi and his brother wrote ONE Spidey movie. Do you know which one? You guessed it, part 3. He got to write, produce, and direct it and people still try to give the guy a pass on the movie sucking. Raimi is the reason part 3 sucked. Arid didn't make him write in all those plot holes, he didn't make him put in the horrible dance sequence, and he didn't make him ruin Spider-Man's origin. That was all Raimi.

Actually,he would know all about MJ and Peter's life. The symbiote would've passed all that info on to Eddie when it bonded with him. I actually wish he would've messed with Peter's head a little more. Maybe saying something like, "Look at you,Parker. All this power and you let your uncle die. It's your fault he's dead,and now you're little red-headed ***** will die too. What a waste to give you such power. You don't deserve it. You don't deserve Gwen,and you didn't deserve this suit!"

And,as much as I like Sam Raimi,I agree with what you said. People act like putting Venom/symbiote in this film was Arad's mistake. HE ruined the film. Not so. Sam and his writers ruined it.

Actually,he would know all about MJ and Peter's life. The symbiote would've passed all that info on to Eddie when it bonded with him. I actually wish he would've messed with Peter's head a little more. Maybe saying something like, "Look at you,Parker. All this power and you let your uncle die. It's your fault he's dead,and now you're little red-headed ***** will die too. What a waste to give you such power. You don't deserve it. You don't deserve Gwen,and you didn't deserve this suit!"

And,as much as I like Sam Raimi,I agree with what you said. People act like putting Venom/symbiote in this film was Arad's mistake. HE ruined the film. Not so. Sam and his writers ruined it.

As I said, that would be bad writing instead of a plot hole mostly because it was bad writing that didn't flesh out what the symbiote does so the general audience were unaware of how the symbiote can pass their past host's memories(and in this case, powers) to their new host.

Most of your plot holes are coincidences, which movies are pretty much made of. Especially SM1 and 2.
Whether you think that is bad writing or lazy is your opinion, but most of those are not plotholes.
That's like saying Green Goblin just happening to be his bff's dad is a plothole. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
As I said, that would be bad writing instead of a plot hole mostly because it was bad writing that didn't flesh out what the symbiote does so the general audience were unaware of how the symbiote can pass their past host's memories(and in this case, powers) to their new host.

I fully agree.

Yeah but most movies have one or two. Spider-Man 3 had dozens of them.

-Like the fact Peter and Eddie were in the same church at the same time? Ok. In the comics Eddie shows up days later.
-Or how about the fact everything on Flint Marco turns to sand other than the picture of his daughter.
-Or how about the alien symbiote landing right next to Spider-Man.
-Or how about the guy who actually shot Spider-Man's uncle happens to get super powers right when he finds out he was the guy who shot his uncle.
-Or how about the fact Mary Jane has been kidnapped by super villains THREE TIMES and no one has put it together that she probably knows Spider-Man. And all three times her kidnapping got all kinds of attention.
-Or how about the fact that Sandman says he isn't a killer but then just says "ok" to killing Spider-Man like it was no big deal. Even the video game did a better job of explaining why Sandman helps Venom.
-I really hate the scene where Doc Connors is talking to Peter about the symbiote and says it's not unlike the meteorite of the 70's. He basically says "look an alien" and they both seem all nonchalant about what may be the biggest discovery in human history.

Oh :csad: yes. Too true.
Still I am happy I can manage to like the movie. I mean, it could be so much better. But it's imo not such a disaster like other sequels in film history general. I would never ever rewatch The Godfather Part III. Or any lame Pirates of the Caribbean-sequels. But I can rewatch SM3.

Hehe, its an alternate ending thread, so should not count things I wish that they generally made better...so I try to make it short:
-no Harry killing or hm...he should come to help because he remember he was best friend with Peter and has enough brain to forget revenge for an idot-father
-elaborated sandman-spidey-redemption (or rather drop the twist with killing his uncle in the first place!!!)
-last shot: showing the symbiont sample crawling away from the labor in the university...

Yeah as much as I rip into it, there were things I liked. I still rewatch it when I go through them on bluray once every 6 months or so. I loved how they did Harry and I loved all the fight scenes with Harry and Peter. But everything else was bad.

Most of your plot holes are coincidences, which movies are pretty much made of. Especially SM1 and 2.
Whether you think that is bad writing or lazy is your opinion, but most of those are not plotholes.
That's like saying Green Goblin just happening to be his bff's dad is a plothole. :rolleyes:

Maybe. Doesn't change the fact it was one of the most poorly written films ever. Call my examples plot holes or bad writing. They're still good examples of why the movie was written like garbage.

I mean come on this chick gets kidnapped by super villains 3 times! And saved by Spider-Man 3 times! And no asks her "so, why do YOU keep getting kidnapped?" And all 3 times there were dozens of people watching. If not the entire city via a film crew. And then they act like they don't know who she is in the third film. So stupid.

[QUOTE = "Anno_Domini, post: 21020321, membro: 90519"] E Venom, mesmo sabendo de Penny, é ridículo. [/ QUOTE]
Eddie is a good reporter, nothing investigations wouldn t solve !

I take it you're also portuguese. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"