• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Small Goyer Comment RE: TDK and Two-Face.

I could see Bruce meeting with Selina asking her out, Bruce sees the Batsignal " I have to go, I have an important business meeting tomorrow, can we do this later" Bruce goes the father's office and we him use the grandfather cock entrance to Batcave. Gordon tells him Harvey left the hospital and Joker is running lose as well Gordon tells him. Enter Batman 3 with choas.

I'd pay good money to see that. Bruce is one sick mofo using that as a secret entrance.

I feel there's enough in Joker and Two-Face for two movies. Somebody (BatScot, if it's you, I await clarification!) suggested BB as Year One, The Dark Knight as TLH (which is borne out by Nolan and Goyer's recent comments) and part 3 as Dark Victory. Which means Dick becomes Robin at the end of part 3. I can live with it.

Actually, I would argue that "The Dark Knight" will be a combined-hybrid of "The Long Halloween" and "The Killing Joke". In one movie, we basically get two origins (although we probably won't get a Joker origin, which is a GOOD thing).

I would also argue that "Movie 3" will most likely be more Long Halloween-influenced, if there is a rogues gallery of villains all showing up at once (Penguin, Catwoman, Two-Face, Joker), and it could also bring in Dick Grayson (if done CORRECTLY) like "Dark Victory".

Eh, no, Ted.
Do you think Goyer is still involved? His comments do sound as if he's still working away. As long as he doesn't write any one-liners, that's fine by me.

I think he's basically working on his own projects now but he has looked over the script at least once (can't remember exactly when but it'll be on BOF somewhere) and presumably offered his own contributions so he should have a fair idea of where the Nolans are heading with it.

And agreed about the one-liners.

I hope they bring in elements from TMWL for TDK. Man, I love that story. I think Doug Mahnke is one of the most underrated Bat-artists around.

I hope they bring in elements from TMWL for TDK. Man, I love that story. I think Doug Mahnke is one of the most underrated Bat-artists around.

I love the way TMWL handled Joker's backstory - it told us things without really telling us anything. Exactly what I want in TDK.

Could this have something to do with the proposed Justice League movie?

Two-Face will NOT be in the Dark Knight...or at least not get that much screenplay. Here's the full story:

Is Two-Face In The Dark Knight?

Batman Begins writer David Goyer told SCI FI Wire that Harvey Dent will appear in the sequel The Dark Knight—but not necessarily his villainous alter ego, Two-Face, as has been reported. "I think Harvey Dent has been mentioned," Goyer said in an interview while promoting his upcoming film The Invisible. "I don't know that Two-Face has been mentioned."

Though plot details are top-secret, The Dark Knight will reportedly feature the Joker (Heath Ledger) and Dent (Aaron Eckhart) as the nemeses of Batman (Christian Bale). "All I can say is some people raised their eyebrows when they heard there were going to be two villains in the first film [Batman Begins], but I think that one worked out just fine," he said.

Goyer added that he and Nolan "spent a long time, a number of weeks, talking before we decided that we could come up with a story that was as exciting, if not more so, than the first one, because we really did not want to let down the fans. We had to figure out a way to top ourselves, and I think we have."

Goyer will receive a "story by" credit on The Dark Knight, which he said was a direct result of his commitment to The Invisible. "I wrote what you'd call a 'scriptment' with Chris over an accelerated monthlong period, and then we handed it off to his brother, who did the first pass," Goyer said, referring to Jonathan Nolan, who also penned the Christopher Nolan-directed film The Prestige. "Jonathan is a very gifted screenwriter in his own right." The Dark Knight opens on July 18, 2008. —</I>Ian Spelling</I>

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=41015

2 face, in or out of TDK, is cool with me.

I do believe that Nolan and Goyer wants to have a clue to the next criminal in the upcoming sequel to get the hype going once this emovie is done like in 'Begins', Batman turning over the card to reveal a joker .

Maybe he'll find a scarred coined at the scene of a crime at the end of TDK.

I think we may get a shot of Two Face near the end but not actually in action,i hope they don't try to do him and Dent in one movie like has been done with Eddie/Venom.

I honestly never expected Two-Face to show up in this film, I was always under the impression that Nolan and Goyer had planned for that part of Dent's persona to show up later. While in this film Dent's character would be completely explored, but not a villain, per say, but setting him up to be this really tragic man.

I really don't, as long as the story is strong.

I think we may get a shot of Two Face near the end but not actually in action,i hope they don't try to do him and Dent in one movie like has been done with Eddie/Venom.

Yeah, I also think they should keep Two-Face till the 3rd movie, but what's wrong with Brock/Venom???

If you think it's much better idea to show Venom in fourth Spidey film, then you're not right, because his story won't be enough for the whole story and it also won't fit the new theme. I think hey made right decision to go with Venom in 3rd film, because it has Vengeance theme, which also plays important role in other storylines like Spidey trying to get revenge on Sandman and Harry on Pete.

Yeah, I also think they should keep Two-Face till the 3rd movie, but what's wrong with Brock/Venom???

If you think it's much better idea to show Venom in fourth Spidey film, then you're not right, because his story won't be enough for the whole story and it also won't fit the new theme. I think hey made right decision to go with Venom in 3rd film, because it has Vengeance theme, which also plays important role in other storylines like Spidey trying to get revenge on Sandman and Harry on Pete.

Venom will only be in the last 20 minutes,now he is a more basic villain than Two Face in that he is more of a visual/physical villain but i still think he deserved more.

I disagree. I think we will get more of Two-Face than people think especially now with those comments by Goyer. He seems to be pretty much implying that this film will have two main villains. Eckhart has referred to the Two-Face character in interviews and even Cillian Murphy refers to Eckhart playing Two-Face in TDK:

He sighs and smiles. “I know nothing. As far as I know, there’s a script. It’s a film about Batman versus Joker and Two Face and we know Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart have been cast in those roles. But I’ll just wait for the call."

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Those comments are pretty vague as they should be... we will see the beginnings of the split personality and Bruce having to face the alter ego... but I doubt they are going to be going at it per say... you know how BOF puts a spin on these things anyway... no doubt we will see the acid somewhere... but he won't have a Jokeresque role...

Venom will only be in the last 20 minutes,now he is a more basic villain than Two Face in that he is more of a visual/physical villain but i still think he deserved more.

And so what? The main role is Brock, while Venom will be expressed as symbiote in first two acts. Brock will end up being Venom anyway, and it's all about the action. Overall, the symbiote part will have very big part in Spidey film.

Yeah......not happening this way. Maroni, Joker and an unknown third villain. Hopefully not Dent yet. I can go for Zsasz having a bigger role or bringing in Sionis.

The fact that people think that Joker is in this with harvey becoming Two-Face at the end leaving it open for two-face to be the villian in part 3 is incredibly predictable and maybe the writing staff have realised this and are willing to put Joker and Two-Face in it together. But what i'm hoping happens if this is true that Joker and Two-Face dont get along much like in the long halloween and dark victory. But at some point in this franchise i'd like to see the "freaks gang". I realise solomon grundy and mad hatter and Mr.freeze will more than likely never be in a nolan bat film but to see the gang in some form with at least Joker, Two-Face and Scarecrow coming together at some point.

And so what? The main role is Brock, while Venom will be expressed as symbiote in first two acts. Brock will end up being Venom anyway, and it's all about the action. Overall, the symbiote part will have very big part in Spidey film.

Like i said,you may be fine with that but i would have liked Venom and his effect on Eddie to be explored in a separate movie,i know you are all hyped for SM3 but it doesn't mean that some us don't wish they'd done some thing different

First off why are we discussing Spiderman in a Batman thread?

Secondly Bruce is a sick mofo when using the clock entrance.

Finally, if they go with a third villain I hope they bring back Scarecrow so we have so resolution to that situation. Even if it means putting him in Arkham at the beginning of the movie. I'd also love to see Zsaz back, maybe he's the fourth freak of their little gang if that happens.

Ryan, read Two-Face's original post again (or even shaggyaggie's sig). It's not the grandfather clock he's using, it's something a lot more personal.

I sincerely hope Two-Face isn't a major factor in TDK for two reasons:

1) He deserves his own movie without sharing with the Joker.

2) Since Harvey Dent was not in BB, TDK needs to devote a lot of time establishing Dent's character...thus making his dark turn (in the THIRD film) all the more tragic.

Ryan, read Two-Face's original post again (or even shaggyaggie's sig). It's not the grandfather clock he's using, it's something a lot more personal.

That was a typo and I meant Bruce could use it as granfather clock entrance to batcave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"