• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smallville: Let Me Play What-If

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Let me play this game of What-If: the game where I come up with something, we get excited, and then get pissed only because they never thought of it (probably).

I was watching the second X-Files film (okay movie, though I did mute it when I was working on something so I wouldn't be distracted). Anyway, I ended up remembering something about X-Files when it was on the air; the movie they did between two of its seasons. From there, I thought about Smallville and the thing now about Superman on film.

What-If they killed two birds with one stone? What-If they made their Smallville Superman both for television AND for movie. The Plan: the first four seasons would be titled "Smallville", then from there we would get an event in the form of a Smallville spin-off film, let's call it "Superman One" (working title). There, the movie would start with the recap of the show, then go to Clark in the fortress. But in a different way, not only did the Phantom Zone villians not come in-between seasons 4-5, but Clark DOES start and finish the training in Act 1, becomes a Superboy in Act 2, then moves on becoming Superman in Act 3.

From there, we go back to the show, where it would be retitled "Metropolis", and it would be an Adventures of Superman-type show, where things like Clark attending college and encountering the pre-JLA (or just JLA) happening ALONGSIDE working at the Daily Planet and whatever you can think of from those seasons with anything that makes it the...adventures of Superman. Then, once again, they would do a "Superman Two" film after the four years of "Metropolis". It's only after that they would either do another four years of the show (retitled again as "Superman", because something like "Earth" or "World" wouldn't work), or do a third movie and officially close the door.

That alone would be cool, and instead of debating what to have and what to make with a television Superman coexisting with a movie Superman, it would be both. Let's fee it: even Smallville is influencing new Superman fans today, as well as influencing the comics, and them influencing it right back.

So...? What do you think? And why did they not think of this?!

Not sure if the writers did ,But the fans did.
There were rumours of the show becoming "METROPOLIS" before season 6 or 7 , but as the "TV SHOW" still gets the ratings they kept it that way.
And i think branching into films (sequels) would throw too many fans off.

They're more likely to just end the whole :super: Smallville mythos with a feature TV movie (if we're lucky:supes:) as soon as ratings drop low enough.

Smallville wish would of been a SuperBoy television show.

I'd go for a Justice league or Legion of Superheroes (live action) tv show next when smallvilles done.:word:

Yea GA solo would be the most budget friendly spin off to do.

So i was thinking since a good majority of us fans thought that lana and clark's relationship on the show was such a bad point in the series and dragged the show down at times. How would you have handled their relationship, their characters, story arc.

So i was thinking since a good majority of us fans thought that lana and clark's relationship on the show was such a bad point in the series and dragged the show down at times. How would you have handled their relationship, their characters, story arc.

Clark should've dropped the whole Lana thing after it led to his dad dying with the time thing.
This should've been the sadness he carries until he sees potential happiness with lois @ daily planet.
Should definately left lana be after she went with Lex for sure ..With clarks' morals this would be an unforgivable betrayal.

For Lana: I think we should've gotten a mixture of what the show brought in with Jeph Loeb's Superman For All Seasons, the book that inspired Smallville. Lana and Clark would date throughout Season 4, then at the end Lana would have found out Clark's secret after HS graduation, and while Clark would be relieved that Lana wouldn't think of him being the cause of her parents' death, she would have felt that Clark should do more than just stay in Smallville and thus pressure (maybe that ain't the right word) him to leave and go to Metropolis. As Clark attends college and enters the Daily Planet, and Lois does the same, the sparks would start between the two slowly but surely. Then, Lana would be finding her way within her own lfe, and Lex offers her help which would lead down a darker path.

My two cents.

Yea looking at how bad things ended up in the end with that relationship and it was one of the things i did hate about the show. I think maybe they should have been a couple when the series started and were a good relationship and loved each other. Then maybe have the few problems of normal teens and with him always running off on their dates or when he was with her to go hero mode. Say they were good couple for first two seasons, maybe broke up in 3rd season frame and stayed friends, maybe should have gone the whole lana and pete deal. Then at highschool graduation she learns about his secret and she thinks they could never work out and they remain friends. Then she should have off and left maybe have gone to school abroad and then had a few return spots but sparks never rekindled for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"