• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Smallville: The Ultimate Season

Serene said:
Hee! I'm whitcha on that, babe. I got a few goodies I'll post in the Drooling thread as an "Ode to Spell." :heart:
Niiiice!!! Lookin' forward to 'em. :up:

I took a look at the 9th - 12th episodes, factoring in S6 for the helluvit. Interesting...

9th ep
Rogue <- Probably will win
Subterranean

10th ep
Skinwalkers
Hydro <- I'd bet cold hard cash on this one

11th ep (This one's tough so I'm gonna wait and see. Remember how I vote LOL)
Unsafe
Justice

12th ep (THIS one may be impossible. Gah!)
Pariah
Reckoning
Labyrinth

I'll give it another day or two since this vote is still relatively new. But honestly, I think one of the hardest choices would be Pariah vs. Reckoning, and off the top of my head I don't even know what it's competing with. Both were, in my opinion, really great moments for Smallville as a whole and I really loved Alicia as a character.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I also really like "Spell" for what it is as well. I actually made a Smallville music video completely dedicated to that episode (sort of tongue-in-cheek, 'cause it's to "I Put a Spell on You" from Hocus Pocus) but I've been to ashamed to admit it and/or actually show the video, haha.

Ziggy said:
I'll give it another day or two since this vote is still relatively new. But honestly, I think one of the hardest choices would be Pariah vs. Reckoning, and off the top of my head I don't even know what it's competing with. Both were, in my opinion, really great moments for Smallville as a whole and I really loved Alicia as a character.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I also really like "Spell" for what it is as well. I actually made a Smallville music video completely dedicated to that episode (sort of tongue-in-cheek, 'cause it's to "I Put a Spell on You" from Hocus Pocus) but I've been to ashamed to admit it and/or actually show the video, haha.

Oh please share. Post it in the Drooling Thread... ya know us girls will love it. :woot:

New set of four up! And this time, I'm going to "vote", although I won't count my own choices. I just thought it'd be interesting to give input on this round for some reason:

Ninth Episode
Rogue
Dichotic <===
Asylum
Bound
Lexmas

This one was just "meh". Episodes that are decently good, but none of them particularly stand out. I wanted to give it to Asylum for bringing back some of the old characters and such, and Lexmas was fun to watch, but I really liked the concept of Dichotic and how he could get both Chloe and Lana.

Tenth Episode
Shimmer
Skinwalker <===
Whisper
Scare
Fanatic

Just because this is when the caves come into play, and nobody could see how integral they would become to Smallville.

Eleventh Episode
Hug
Visage
Delete
Unsafe <===
Lockdown

This is where it gets hard. "Hug" was, in my opinion, one of the better episodes of the first season, and I also *loved* "Delete" (the catfight, while very forced, was so fun to watch), but I had to go with "Unsafe". Although it gets a lot of backlash, I love Alicia's character and this definitely showed the risks that the Smallville staff is willing to take.

Twelfth Episode
Leech
Insurgence
Hereafter
Pariah
Reckoning <===

Really one of the hardest choices I believe ever. All of them are really good episodes in my opinion. When I think "Freak of the Weak", I really think of "Leech". I remember being in awe while watching "Insurgence", finally seeing the Daily Planet and the leap of faith that Clark pulls. "Hereafter", while the weakest of the bunch, was still really interesting to see what the future brings for everyone, and that shot of the cape was so awesome!

However, as good as those three episodes are, I can't believe it comes down to "Pariah" and "Reckoning". Both are the two episodes of Smallville I find myself watching the most out of all of them. "Pariah" has one of the best moments of the series, with Chloe finding out Clark's secret. Although "Reckoning" received a great deal of backlash, I enjoyed it immensely and think it is a genuinely touching episode that clearly changed Smallville forever much like "Pariah". It's almost a deadlock, but seeing as I chose "Unsafe" before, I have to vote for "Reckoning".

Ninth Episode
Rogue
Dichotic
Asylum <-------- Awesome episode. great to see some old villains return
Bound
Lexmas

Tenth Episode
Shimmer
Skinwalker
Whisper <--------I loved seeing Clark in glasses, and him getting a new power is also a plus. :D
Scare
Fanatic

Eleventh Episode
Hug
Visage <----------The end of the Whitney character (except flashbacks). Great episode considering two old characters (Whitney and Tina Greer) return.
Delete
Unsafe
Lockdown

Twelfth Episode
Leech
Insurgence
Hereafter
Pariah
Reckoning <---------- This one's easy. This episode has one of the saddest scenes in Smallville history with the funeral at the end.

ill vote when i get unlazy and look at my box sets so i can actually see what episodes these are....

Ninth Episode
Rogue
Dichotic
Asylum
Bound
Lexmas

I'm a sucker for Christmas shows and AU stories, and Lexmas was one of the most beautiful episodes ever.. which is saying a LOT.

Tenth Episode
Shimmer
Skinwalker
Whisper
Scare
Fanatic

I loved Scare. The whole concept of seeing everyone's inner fears was such an interesting twist of story. It's an ep I can watch repeatedly.

Eleventh Episode
Hug
Visage
Delete
Unsafe
Lockdown

Hug is one of the most perfect and in-depth episodes of the series, IMO.

Twelfth Episode
Leech
Insurgence
Hereafter
Pariah
Reckoning

No contest - Reckoning. A landmark episode that threw you around the room then hung you up to dry. Can't ask for much more than that in a TV show.

Wow! What an awesome bunch to choose from. Ziggy did you do a tally of the previous 4.

Ninth Episode
Rogue
Dichotic
Asylum
Bound
Lexmas I'm gonna have to go with Lexmas for the production value alone. I loved Dichotic, simply for the ending, Rogue and Bound were both good in that thriller sense. And Asylum with the return of the freaks. How could you forget that? But, Lexmas is gonna win for me.

Tenth Episode
Shimmer
Skinwalker
Whisper This was a hard choice. But any new power episode is going to cut it for me without a doubt. Although Skinwalker and Scare were very close seconds.
Scare
Fanatic

Eleventh Episode
Hug
Visage
Delete
Unsafe I really, really enjoyed Hug, but Unsafe was just too sexy to overlook.
Lockdown

Twelfth Episode
Leech
Insurgence
Hereafter
Pariah
Reckoning Wow! What a choice in this bunch. Can I vote for all them, 'cause I really couldnt pick between the first four? But yeah, Reckoning wins because it really was SUPERB.

Ninth Episode
Rogue
Dichotic
Asylum
Bound
Lexmas <===

Tough choice between this and Asylum, but went with Lexmas cause it's the last episode of Smallville that I really enjoyed.

Tenth Episode
Shimmer
Skinwalker <===
Whisper
Scare
Fanatic

Another tough choice between this and Whisper, but the hotness of the female guest star and the introduction of the caves, makes it just edge out Whisper. If Clark kept the glasses, then maybe Whisper would've won.

Eleventh Episode
Hug
Visage
Delete
Unsafe <===
Lockdown

Loved the Alicia episodes, her and Clark had great chemistry together, wish it didn't have such an after school special message about sex though.

Twelfth Episode
Leech
Insurgence
Hereafter
Pariah <===
Reckoning

It was close between Pariah and Insurgence (first time seeing the planet was awesome as well as Clark's leap), but the death of Alicia was done in such a great way, plus Chloe learns Clark's secret. Reckoning felt like such a cop out, it would've been better for the series as a whole if Lana was killed off instead of Jonathan, might've been better if there was less hype.

9th
LEXMAS - my favorite Lex-centric episode...really badass that he still didn't learn his lesson at the end

10th
WHISPER - ah yes, the good ol' Pete days....i have LOVED all the power episodes

11th
UNSAFE - like many other people, i loved the Alicia episodes...once she got "sober", so to speak, she was one of my favorite SV characters....but then they killed her

12th
RECKONING - do i need a reason?

reckoning was horrible for lana fans and lana haters alike.

so here i go
lexmas
whisper
unsafe
leech

Ninth Episode
Rogue
Dichotic
Asylum
Bound
Lexmas

Tenth Episode
Shimmer
Skinwalker
Whisper
Scare
Fanatic

Eleventh Episode
Hug - I love Unsafe, but 'Hug', IMO is one of the best eps in the series, with the most interesting FOTW's, and one of the most chilling anvils ever.
Visage
Delete
Unsafe
Lockdown

Twelfth Episode
Leech
Insurgence
Hereafter
Pariah
Reckoning - I love 'Insurgence' and 'Pariah', both. A lot. But 'Reckoning' narrowly beats them both.

04nbod said:
reckoning was horrible for lana fans and lana haters alike.

so here i go
lexmas
whisper
unsafe
leech
some things should stay dead.....*cough* Lana.......

Ninth Episode
Rogue
Dichotic
Asylum < Iceman vs Superman take 2 :D
Bound
Lexmas

Tenth Episode
Shimmer
Skinwalker
Whisper < Clark in glasses and a new power!
Scare
Fanatic

Eleventh Episode
Hug < Dunno why but this episode really appealed to me
Visage
Delete
Unsafe
Lockdown

Twelfth Episode
Leech
Insurgence
Hereafter Seeing that cape in Clarks future = awesome :D Great acting from the FOTW too, really felt sorry for him :)
Pariah
Reckoning

I was going to choose reckoning at first just for the end scenes with Papa Kent but i cant forgive them for bringing back Lana :o

_BB_ said:
I was going to choose reckoning at first just for the end scenes with Papa Kent but i cant forgive them for bringing back Lana :o
can this brother get an amen?

This is fun Ziggy. Thanks for starting it. Let me see.

Thirteenth Episode
Suspect
Asylum
Velocity
Recruit

Vengeance No need to dwell on this one. One of the if not THE best ending scene of Smallville ever, and the episode was a damn great one as well. It tugged at the heart strings, something that Smallville is really really good at.

Fourteenth Episode
Zero
Rush
Obsession

Krypto I wasnt really crazy about any of these, but I'll go with Krypto because it was the first episode of Clark and Lois investigating as a team and the banter between the two of them was wonderful to watch.

Tomb

Fifteenth Episode
Nicodemus
Prodigal
Resurrection
Sacred After reading Serene's selection, I noticed that I missed seeing this episode among the list. I dont know how I did that? Anyway, I'm changing my order to include Sacred. It was quite an epic episode for Smallville, it was shot beautifully, and the story took us outside the usual Smallville.

Cyborg

Sixteenth Episode
Stray
Fever

Crisis I loved the sci-fi element that was happening in this episode. The fact that it was all rainy, just added to the suspense. I've watched this episode alot. Good entertainment.

Lucy
Hypnotic

Wow.. I really must be losing it. I had to go look a few of these up.
Baaaad SV fan. *hangshead*

Thirteenth Episode
Suspect
Asylum
Velocity
Recruit
Vengeance - Didn't care much for the guest actor in this, but I loved what this episode showed in regards to Clark and his grieving process regarding Jonathan's death.

Fourteenth Episode
Zero
Rush
Obsession - Alicia was the best crazy ass psycho they've ever had on this show, and really.. that's saying a LOT. :p
Krypto
Tomb

Fifteenth Episode
Nicodemus
Prodigal
Resurrection
Sacred - This is an INCREDIBLY hard choice. But as much as I love Nicodemus and Cyborg, this episode took Clark (and everyone else) global - and I really enjoyed watching that.
Cyborg

Sixteenth Episode
Stray
Fever
Crisis - I agree with avid on this one. The sci-fi time travel angle to this one, along with a classic Clark save in the rain made this one that I can watch repeatedly.
Lucy
Hypnotic

You know what bugged me about "Crisis", is the hokey Kryptonite time-travel phone call thing. It was just silly...

But it did give good resolution to the Adam plot, and that I give the episode kudos for.

Thirteenth Episode
Suspect
Asylum
Velocity
Recruit
Vengeance Got to go with this one. Like Serene said, could've done without the chick playing "Arcrata" but the end scene w/ Jonathan on TV floors me each time.

Fourteenth Episode
Zero
Rush
Obsession
Krypto Don't really like any of these that much, but I'll go with Krypto coz I'm a sucker for dogs, and this one intro'd Shelby.
Tomb

Fifteenth Episode
Nicodemus
Prodigal
Resurrection
Sacred I'll go w/ Sacred (though not a huge fan of the Crouching Lana, Hidden Clark). But I do like the fact this was the first SV that was global in scope.
Cyborg

Sixteenth Episode
Stray Wow. You can tell that this chunk of Smallville's seasons are the most water-treading, huh? Got to go with the first Ryan episode.
Fever
Crisis
Lucy
Hypnotic

5º Perry (really hard to choose between Perry and Run but I'm going with Perry on this one)
6º Transference
7º Splinter (also hard because Lineage is one of my favourite episodes)
8º Shattered (hard to overlook Ryan and even Solitude but Shattered is probably in my top 5 favourite episodes ever...)
9º Asylum (though I really liked Lexmas)
10º Whisper
11º Unsafe
12º I'm torn between Insurgence and Reckoning. I prefer Insurgence but I'll choose Reckoning just because the death of Jonathan should be in an Ultimate Season set.
13º Vengeance
14º Obsession
15º Cyborg
16º Stray

Vengeance
Krypto
Cyborg
Crisis

1 pilot
2 mortal
3 hidden
4 slumber loved skinning dipping part