so about Sandman..........

DarkKnight85

Civilian
Reaction score
Yea sorry if this is the wrong location for this question but i figured Vertigo is owned by DC so it might be appropriate. My question is that I am trying to find harcovers for the Sandman Vol. 1-10 and I am not having much luck. Not too many deals on ebay or amazon. So I am curious are the Dave McKean covers the new editions that are out now, and also if they are why are they already out of print? Is that like some sham to force you to buy the absolute versions? So I am also curious to see if anyone knows of any other editions that are coming out for Sandman? So if anyone knows anything about this it would be appreciated.

Only individual softcovers are available, check borders, barnes & noble, etc. But the only hardcovers available are absolute.

They got most of the hardcovers at Amazon.com.

The hardcovers of the individual trades are really not worth it for the extra money. You would be much better off getting the Absolute volumes, which are larger and have been re-colored.

The hardcovers are very old (now out of print) so you will have troubles finding them.

Elijya, I havent seen you in forever.

Elijya, I havent seen you in forever.

Had a hard time getting out of Serbia. MI6 wouldn't spring for an extraction helicopter after I completed my last contract. I had to book a ride on a heroine shipment headed for Venezuela, where I spent a few weeks with some Latino babes sipping margaritas on the beach and finally getting around to finishing Tolstoy before making my way up through Central America on a BMW R1150GS I won in a poker game.

...my neighbors might be lesbians and one time they asked me to play scrabble.

You're neighbors ARE lesbians. I converted them to deviant lifestyles the last time I came through town and took them on a 4 day peyote trip through the Arizona desert before I was needed to consult at Kitt Peak outside of Tuscon.

Also, that's not air you're breathing.

I thought it tasted funny. What is it wise one?

Have you ever had a dream, WompuM, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? What is "real"? How do you define "real"? If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Oh praise Elijya for guiding us simpering simpletons out of the deep dark cave of waking consciousness.

We are not worthy...

Elijya has come to vanquish Darthphere. At last. The Chosen One!

Wow, Elijya, I don't remember you being so creizly.

On the other hand, I don't think I've seen you since Gregory Peck was your avatar.

You missed the Ben Franklin era then.

Which Sandman was your favorite??

Sandman.jpg

Personal Data

Wesley Bernard Dodds. Son of Edward and Marina Dodds. Husband(?) of Dian Belmont. Guardian of Sandy Hawkins (Sandy the Golden Boy).
First Appearance (Golden Age): Adventure Comics #40 (July 1939)
First Appearance (Silver Age): Justice League of America #46 (July 1966)
Joined JSA: Founding Member
Pre-Crisis Fate: Occasionally active until Crisis
Post-Crisis Fate: Dies in JSA Secret Files and Origins #1

SandMan-Jack-Kirby-1.jpg

cc_sandman_001.jpg

sandmanmysterytheatrethefaceandthebrute_thumb.jpg

SANDMAN_SEASON_OF.jpg

Wesley Dodds - Sandman Mystery Theatre. I love this series and I weep that it's gone. Although some would call it a one trick pony, I would call it great monthly entertainment. C'mon DC! More period books!

Wesley Dodds - Sandman Mystery Theatre. I love this series and I weep that it's gone. Although some would call it a one trick pony, I would call it great monthly entertainment. C'mon DC! More period books!

No doubt about it... best Sandman ever. :up:

The manofbat here? on our boards? and not in community!? HIDE!!!

Well need some very quick help here. I have ordered some various trades from the Sandman collection but noticed this is too costly and timely for me. That and I realized the absolute versions are far better for a collection and can be obtained at reasonable prices. I always figured they would just be too much for me. So now I am at the stage where I am returning TPB's i ordered from amazon, and I am trying to cancel/ return other trades i just bought from ebay. One of the ones I bought though was a hardcover of Endless Nights for $15 total, including shipping. I have been doing research and it appears Endless Nights might not be included in the fourth volume of the absolute edition. Can anyone verify this, because if this is the case, I will tell that seller to just forget about the email I just sent him concerning the return. Lol this stuff is driving me crazy, I should have just done more research on it. So yea.......if anyone knows for sure please let me know.

The fourth volume will not be out for some time, so I don't know if they've finalized what will be included in it yet, so I couldn't tell you for certain

Ok, I have just finished reading Sandman Season of Mists, and let me say that book was absolutely phenominal. I just have one question...........

SPOILERS...................................

At the end of the book where we see Lucifer sitting on the beach, is the old austrailian man he is talking to supposed to be God, and this is a way of them kind of meeting some moment of forgiveness between the two, or Is Lucifer just talking openly to God when he says "alright you old bastard, I admit it, the sunset's are bloody beautiful."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"