So does the Symbiote...

mawo32

Should be studying...
Reaction score
come from space with John Jameson or will there be a different story arc like maybe coming on an asteroid. I remember that happened in the 94' cartoon, but that was the return of the symbiote after Spidey had launched it into space. I know that John Jameson will be returning for this movie and to have Venom, Raimi should really stick to that concept but has anyone heard anything about this that might make it different?

***If this has already been asked, I apologize and I was going to put this in the official Symbiote thread but I couldn't see it. I didn't think this belonged in Venom's offical thread either. Either way, I apologize for any inconvienence***

I think this has been talked about before.

I think the symbiote coming from a surprise asteroid landing seems to be the most accepted theory by this point.

Assuming that it does play out this way in the movie, it should be fun.... a scene like that would give Raimi a good chance to delve back into his B-movie roots a bit.

Dr.Dude said:
I think the symbiote coming from a surprise asteroid landing seems to be the most accepted theory by this point.

Assuming that it does play out this way in the movie, it should be fun.... a scene like that would give Raimi a good chance to delve back into his B-movie roots a bit.

Like he did in "SM2" when Doc Ock pulled off the old "crazy scientist gone mad/Evil Dead" segment in the operating room.

I don't have a problem with either but I remember seeing a fanmade teaser a while back with what I think was a scene from Species. A black oozey substance was inching down a shuttles cooridor towards the cock pit. When I saw this trailer, I thought I was actually watching the real thing and it looked really cool so I would kind of like the symbiote to originate from that.
However, I agree with you completely Dr. Dude. Raimi could have a lot of fun with that concept of an asteroid, especially retracing steps back to his B-movie roots. But if that is the case, I hope the asteroid has some shots beginning in space like possibly a larger asteroid millions of miles away from earth is hurtling through the unknown, when another asteroid hits it causing a piece of the large asteroid to break off with the symbiote on it. The broken off rock would then head towards earth and crash with the symbiote itself able to roam around and eventually find Peter.

Parker steps into some intergaltic poop

Speaking of "So does the Symbiote..." Does the SYmbiote take part of his hosts abilities like the webbing from Spidey or did Venom/All symbiotes, already have webbing?

Symbiote Hulk said:
Speaking of "So does the Symbiote..." Does the SYmbiote take part of his hosts abilities like the webbing from Spidey or did Venom/All symbiotes, already have webbing?

took it from Spidey

I think the Q&A said meteor, but I'm ok with the intergalactic poop theory.

The truth is no one knows. Until the movie is released, or someone officially tells us what is going on, it is still just rumors and heresay.

I would wonder if they have the symbiote take the appearance of other people and such?

wolfsfang said:
The truth is no one knows. Until the movie is released, or someone officially tells us what is going on, it is still just rumors and heresay.
Oh, then in that case...

Brock is just a smokescreen. After the symbiote leaves pete, it bonds with the dead body of Norman Osborne to create Goblin Venom. then it bonds with Wolverine, (in an amazingly secret underwraps cameo by Hugh Jackman) to become Wolvenom. Then it bonds with Bruce Banner and becomes... that's right... Hulk venom. Along the way, it reproduces, leaving a red symiote, which merges with the body of Dock Ock to form Octo-venom, (you know, like from that PS1/N64 game from years ago) but ultimately, the final battle comes down to, Spiderman vs Aunt May/Venom.

Style 92 said:
Oh, then in that case...

Brock is just a smokescreen. After the symbiote leaves pete, it bonds with the dead body of Norman Osborne to create Goblin Venom. then it bonds with Wolverine, (in an amazingly secret underwraps cameo by Hugh Jackman) to become Wolvenom. Then it bonds with Bruce Banner and becomes... that's right... Hulk venom. Along the way, it reproduces, leaving a red symiote, which merges with the body of Dock Ock to form Octo-venom, (you know, like from that PS1/N64 game from years ago) but ultimately, the final battle comes down to, Spiderman vs Aunt May/Venom.

I liked Monster Ock..... lol it would be a nice dark villain, it was a cool game:up:
Oh and about the symbiote bonding with Banner, let me tell you he already exists, he even visits the Hype, Symbioted Hulk.... lol:D

Parquagh said:
I liked Monster Ock..... lol it would be a nice dark villain, it was a cool game:up:
Oh and about the symbiote bonding with Banner, let me tell you he already exists, he even visits the Hype, Symbioted Hulk.... lol:D
Yeah. Some how, the tagline of my post didn't get posted so my joke fell through. But my point was...

THE SYMBIOTE IS LIKE THE VILLAGE DOORKNOB OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE. EVERYONE'S HAD A TURN.

Style 92 said:
Oh, then in that case...

Brock is just a smokescreen
. After the symbiote leaves pete, it bonds with the dead body of Norman Osborne to create Goblin Venom. then it bonds with Wolverine, (in an amazingly secret underwraps cameo by Hugh Jackman) to become Wolvenom. Then it bonds with Bruce Banner and becomes... that's right... Hulk venom. Along the way, it reproduces, leaving a red symiote, which merges with the body of Dock Ock to form Octo-venom, (you know, like from that PS1/N64 game from years ago) but ultimately, the final battle comes down to, Spiderman vs Aunt May/Venom.
I think he meant, we don't know for sure where the symbiote will come from on film, not whether or not it exists and cause venom (we know that for sure by now) No need to go all hypersarchastic.

I just hope the symbiote's origin is realistic and makes sense...nothing crazy please.

Parquagh said:

neversoft made amazing Spiderman games.

I hope the Symbiote is still an alien. That hasn't been confirmed yet, right? who knows, maybe for the general public, they won't make it a Alien-suit substance. Maybe it will be something very stupid. I doubt it, but who knows. I really hope it still comes from space.

Spidey-Sean said:
I think he meant, we don't know for sure where the symbiote will come from on film, not whether or not it exists and cause venom (we know that for sure by now) No need to go all hypersarchastic.
First, I know what he meant.

Second, I didn't mean it to be hypersarcastic. I meant it to be a fun joke about the fact that until the movie is out, everything is rumor and heresay, even a lot of things we regard as "fact" (Such as: Brock becomes venom at the end but dies. Theres no hard evidence he becomes Venom at all. Yes, I believe this will be the case, but we still don't really "know") So, I meant it a lot lighter and more fun. But, I will admit, there can be a lot of ambiguity on the web in regards to tone. This has been a trouble for me in the past. People read in a tone that was never meant. So, at this point we'll have to say some mutual sorrys: From me, that I made a post that sounded sarcastic even though it wasn't, and from you for misinterpreting.

Style 92 said:
First, I know what he meant.

Second, I didn't mean it to be hypersarcastic. I meant it to be a fun joke about the fact that until the movie is out, everything is rumor and heresay, even a lot of things we regard as "fact" (Such as: Brock becomes venom at the end but dies. Theres no hard evidence he becomes Venom at all. Yes, I believe this will be the case, but we still don't really "know") So, I meant it a lot lighter and more fun. But, I will admit, there can be a lot of ambiguity on the web in regards to tone. This has been a trouble for me in the past. People read in a tone that was never meant. So, at this point we'll have to say some mutual sorrys: From me, that I made a post that sounded sarcastic even though it wasn't, and from you for misinterpreting.

*looks around* where's the Shape....he needs to read this...:marv:

chaseter said:
I just hope the symbiote's origin is realistic and makes sense...nothing crazy please.
Hmmmm.....lets see. In a world where a man climbs walls and shoots webs or a man that can change his body into sand? I see that everyday in the real world so I see no reason for you to worry.:o

wolfsfang said:

i think they might show a bit of the origin of the symbiote in the official trailer, whenever it comes out.

wolfsfang said:
If you read the Q&A you would know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"