• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS So is Snyder a BIGGER fan of Batman?

I agree to a certain extent, however they are still bigger fans of Batman. I think Superman proved himself to be truly awesome and the boss in the Justice League cartoons. Giving orders and kicking the most ass, I finally felt like he wasn't regarded as a B superhero anymore. That's how I felt about Superman The Animated Series.

Prove the bolded statement.

but it is when the characters interact with each other, the real magic happens.

This. The way Bats & Supes interacted in all of the animated shows/movies and the complex nature of their relationship was amazing.

...but I could say the same for most of the JL/JLU characters from WW & Bats' relationship to to Hawkgirl & GL.

I believe (equal parts faith and hope here) that between Snyder, Goyer, Affleck, and Terrio they nail the intricacies of the Batman/Supes relationship.

Getting another Superman film in 2016.
Batman, Wonder Woman and possibly some of their superpowered friends will be along for the ride.
Happy about it.
Nuff Said.

Somebody, PLEASE sticky just this comment. THANKS.:word:

I read it when it first came out, and even though I was never a big comic fan, it still really stood out as a unique piece of storytelling and art. But DKR is first and foremost a Batman story.....BvS in all likelihood won't be, so even though there are elements that may influence the Batman portrayal, doubtful that it will make the story heavily Batman as the main story arc, relegating Supes to a supporting or submissive role.

Will Batman still come off as cooler and steal the show? Possibly....since he's Batman.

:D

I always thought they both came off looking pretty bad in TDKR. And I don't mean that as a dig to the story -- I like the story -- but both characters were at their extremes, which is rarely good.

This isn't just directed at you, but I find it fascinating when people say this and someone always does, like clockwork.

Why do people think these types of complaints from Superman fans keep coming up? Why aren't there concerns like this from batfans? Why aren't they paranoid? It's because they don't need to be. They know batman will come out fine. If these concerns from superman fans are so unfounded and outlandish, why do they keep cropping up and why aren't there concerns from batfans that Snyder will make Superman look better than him? It's because there's no need or precedence for it. If these concerns were baseless, we either wouldn't see them at all or we'd see them from both batman and superman's fanbases.

And why is that? See above.

OR, it could just be that the Batman fans are simply more secure, and probably because they have a character worth being secure in their fandom over ;)

It's never explained why he wants to be a hero. We got a physical Superman this time, and Snyder delivered that. What we need to see now is Superman being a boss. Cool lines like "You're a monster Zod, and I'm going to stop you."

He doesn't do that much speaking. Zod did most of the talking, fair enough, but I wish Superman could have had some more threats toward him.

If you notice in the comics, or in animated series or animated films, example, Superman: Unbound, Superman does a lot of talking when it comes to confronting the villains and Brainiac. I think it's important that Superman speaks.

While Cavill did more speaking than Routh, that was an improvement, however he still seemed to be like a quiet type.

I thought his best speech was in the scene prior to stopping the world engine. "This ship is powered by something called a phantom drive. It bends space. Zod's ship uses the same technology. If we can get the two drives to collide with another (...) So if we open up this doorway, then theoretically, they should be pulled back in. And if I don't stop the world engine over the Indian Ocean, the (what was it?) will continue to expand."

Great speech. Other than that, and the interrogation scene with Lois, sadly too short though, the following part where he speaks to Hamilton and General Swanwick."

"Let's put our cards under the table, General. You're scared of me because you can't control me. You don't. And you never will. But that doesn't mean I'm your enemy."

So before the final showdown with Zod, Zod gives his famous speech, Superman is pretty silent. Even during the mid-battle, Zod says, "There's only one way this ends Kal. Either you die or I do."

The only boss-speech that Routh gave in Superman Returns were just "I see an old man's sick joke...You have something that belongs to me." That was it, that along with a physical Superman was missing.

Reeve had more dialogue than Routh or Cavill.

I mean if they would write such scenes such as in Justice League Unlimited, the final episode.

Superman is at his best, not only physically owning Darkseid, but speechwise.

"That man won't quit as long he can still draw a breath. None of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem."

"I feel like I've been made in a world full of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break someone. To break someone! Never allowing myself to lose control. Even for a moment. Someone...could die. But you can't take it, can't you big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I really am..."

That was pure awesomeness. Confronting the villain in a boss way. It's relevant, shows Superman is human and cool. Even people who aren't fans of Superman can relate to Superman in that scene. Another thing is the self confidence. I want to hear Superman speaking more to the villains.

Anything that would work such as "Don't do that or I will..." or something along the lines of the comics or animated media incarnations.

Also from Batman-Superman: Public Enemies, one of his most human moments while punching Mongul, "I'M SICK! *PUNCH*...OF LEX-LUTHOR! *PUNCH*"

"Cool lines like "You're a monster Zod, and I'm going to stop you."" and the really badly written BS exposition explanation for the phantom drive smashy smashy? Um, I'm sorry, but THOSE were your pics for GOOD dialogue in MOS?

and the really badly written BS exposition explanation for the phantom drive smashy smashy

Meh..opinions, opinions. The phantom drive-collider arc worked well in the context IMO.

...no different than the "scepter closes the portal". Just saying. :whatever:

OR, it could just be that the Batman fans are simply more secure, and probably because they have a character worth being secure in their fandom over ;)

What is that supposed to mean? It comes off as you saying batman is better, which is rude as hell. There's no need for that, either. I wasn't being rude to you or anyone else. My point was that batfans probably are more secure because they have the luxury of being that way. They know their character will be catered to.

Now just imagine your a Wonder Woman fan.

And she walks up to you and says "this one time...at band camp" :cwink:

I'm sure all involved will do all of the Trinity justice; I have faith no one's going to get more attention than another.

Zack and Goyer aren't exactly the best people giving each character similar time, i just expect to be entertained, but i'm sure many will be disapointed by a certain hero getting small development.

I don't think Snyder was ever a fan of superman (saying that "I'm a fan of the character" doesn't actually makes you a fan), infact I remember after 300 came out they asked Snyder if he wanted to direct a superman movie and he said "the character is too ernest, I wouldn't know how make something like that work for modern audiences". That to me says that the guy has no clue about the character and MOS showed that.
At the end of the day though as long as snyder and goyer treat the character with respect that I'm happy.

As long as he is respectful of the character that is all that matters.

All this talk about Superman being relevant. What I loved about the Justice League animated series was that they proved Superman to be badass. Superman was the boss, the leader, he was the strongest, but they showed him to be much more than that. Not just super strong, but intelligent.

There was that scene I loved where Superman and Batman have a discussion about how to defeat the Justice Lords. Superman argues with Batman saying they can't kill and won't allow it and won't cross that line. Batman says that they have to cross some kind of line to stop them.

I feel like maybe if Synder and Goyer had a different approach in making this film without doubting Superman and saying that he's been irrelevant in the past, then this film might have succeeded better.

Superman I feel just needed to speak more. Only thing I felt they established by telling the general audience is that Superman can really kick ass. I wanted people to see that too.

While he did speak, I feel like essentially what Superman does in this film is fight and defend Earth, but is not too careful with his power. Not much character development. That was missing.

It's funny how much talk about Batman is going on in a sequel that's supposed to be Superman's.

not surprising since Superman/Henry Cavill was perfectly casted and widely accepted by fans while Batman/Affleck is a new addition and quite the opposite...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"