So what'd you buy?

Wolfwood

Shasta McNasty
Reaction score
With all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals going around, what were some of the things you picked up and for how much?

For me I got:

Red Dead Redemption for 29.99 at Amazon and Trials HD, TMNT: Turtles in Time and Splosion Man for like 720 points on XBL. Trials and Splosion Man were a helluva bargain, I think they're gonna keep me busy for a month or two. Whereas TMNT felt like a rip-off, even at 160 points.

I'm thinking about picking up Enslaved today for 25 on Amazon, I loved the demo a lot.

I got Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for me and Rock Band 3 for a friend at Toys R Us just before Thanksgiving. There was a buy 1, get 1 40% off sale. Then I got Crackdown 2 and Enslaved for $35 each and Alan Wake for free because GameStop had a buy 2, get 1 free sale on used games. I played AW already because my friend lent it to me, but I've been wanting to play the DLC and my friend traded his copy in.

I'm gonna get Monkey Island 2 for $2.50 on steam today. I was hoping for a bundle on both games, but I can't pass that up for the second one. I'm sure the first one will go on sale again eventually.

I just ordered Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for $42.00 and Halo Reach for $39.75 at Amazon.

On Black Friday, I picked up Fallout: New Vegas for $34.99 and Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 for $39.99 at K-mart.

I bought a bunch of games of steam.

Alpha Protocol 50% Off- Ok. Bugged down with bad porting job. Main character either looks like a burn victim or a pedophile depending on if you give him a beard.
Splinter Cell Conviction 50% Off - Crap. Like most of Ubisofts games a mediocre game covered up with a big budget.
Arma II: Operation Arrowhead 50% Off - Amazing open ended game, when it works. About the only proper tactical shooter left.
Red Faction Gorrilla 75% Off - Ok. Got boring fast.
Thief Deadly Shadows 75% Off- Pretty good. Not as good as the original.
Bunch of Indie games 90% off Jolly Rover/Puzzel Agent/Gish/And Yet it Moves - Good games for almost nothing.
F12010 50% off - Disappointing graphics.
Starwars Forced Unleashed 75% Off - Crap.
Risen 50% Off - Crap.

Probably be another sale on at Christmas. Might pick up Fallout Vegas if has big price cut.

Last edited:
Alpha Protocol's not a bad port; it's not that great on the consoles, either. Shame, too. It looked like it had a lot of potential. :csad:

Alpha Protocol's not a bad port; it's not that great on the consoles, either. Shame, too. It looked like it had a lot of potential. :csad:

On the pc when you are hacking, it uses WAD for one side, and the mouse on the other. The problem is the mouse side lags by 3-4 seconds wandering off doing what it wants. I had to redo the introduction hack section about 7 times, not because it was difficult to find the numbers, but because the controls were so bad I couldn't actually bring the cursor over the top of the numbers.

I didn't get anything for myself, but I did get a DS Lite for my niece. It was only $89.95 at Amazon.

I haven't got anything yet. I meant to buy Machinarium yesterday, but I forgot.

Unfortunately, I didn't buy anything this Black Friday. I wanted to buy RB3 (with the keytar bundle), and I should've done a little digging to see if I can get a good discount somewhere.

On the pc when you are hacking, it uses WAD for one side, and the mouse on the other. The problem is the mouse side lags by 3-4 seconds wandering off doing what it wants. I had to redo the introduction hack section about 7 times, not because it was difficult to find the numbers, but because the controls were so bad I couldn't actually bring the cursor over the top of the numbers.

I had the same exact problem, it was practically unplayable. That was a big warning flash to me to get the hell out of that game.

Geez, it somehow managed to be worse on the PC? For shame. :csad:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for me, one of Amazon's Lightening Deals for Black Friday. All I picked up game-wise

I really need to pick up Brotherhood this Christmas.

I don't really know why I like that series so much since I find a lot of its elements a bit goofy but I can't stop picking those games up.

I bought a bunch of games of steam.

Alpha Protocol 50% Off- Ok. Bugged down with bad porting job. Main character either looks like a burn victim or a pedophile depending on if you give him a beard.
Splinter Cell Conviction 50% Off - Crap. Like most of Ubisofts games a mediocre game covered up with a big budget.
Arma II: Operation Arrowhead 50% Off - Amazing open ended game, when it works. About the only proper tactical shooter left.
Red Faction Gorrilla 75% Off - Ok. Got boring fast.
Thief Deadly Shadows 75% Off- Pretty good. Not as good as the original.
Bunch of Indie games 90% off Jolly Rover/Puzzel Agent/Gish/And Yet it Moves - Good games for almost nothing.
F12010 50% off - Disappointing graphics.
Starwars Forced Unleashed 75% Off - Crap.
Risen 50% Off - Crap.

Probably be another sale on at Christmas. Might pick up Fallout Vegas if has big price cut.

Wow, seems like you wasted a bunch of money only to be disappointed. Maybe you should start paying attention to reviews and feedback then u won't be stuck buying a bunch of games u dont like.

I bought FIFA and NHL 11 for 35 dollars each at Best Buy.

I bought FIFA and NHL 11 for 35 dollars each at Best Buy.

No games; just a sh-tload of blurays for my PS3

Batman
Batman Returns
Superman
Clash of the Titans (original)
Life
Bourne Trilogy
Superbad
Pursuit of Happyness
Pineapple Express
Friday
Firefly
Precious
Kickass
Spartacus (season 1)
The Lost Boys

Wow, seems like you wasted a bunch of money only to be disappointed. Maybe you should start paying attention to reviews and feedback then u won't be stuck buying a bunch of games u dont like.

The accumulated cost all those games equal roughly about the cost of two £39.99 console games. Arma 2: Arrowhead alone has taken up 17 hours of play without the single player finished or the multiplayer touched. If you factor in Thief, that will probably be 9-12 hours. The indie games could eat up a few hours. I will probably spend 4-5 hours playing F12010 as well as Splinter Cell: Jack Bauer.

The only game I can think of this year which probably wasn't worth the money, is Call Of Duty: Black Ops (39.99). Which, looking at the stats, had a 6.2 hour long SP game. World At War took 11.8 hours to finish, I didn't touch the MP on that game but the SP alone was satisfying enough (World At War was also 50% off when I pushed it, so about £12.99). The multiplayer for Black Op's looks like Xbox360 launch title and the game-play wasn't really stand out enough to take me away from Team Fortress 2.

He hates everything. The only thing I think he likes his TF2...

Anyway, I bought FO3 GOTY for 15 bucks. Old game, I know but I gave my original copy to my cousin for 20 so I made 5 bucks.

I instead decided to pick up Bayonetta for my sister. I just noticed that I was getting 10 dollars credit towards an XBL Gold membership for purchasing 360 games on Amazon, does anyone know if that stacks up?

Ordered Halo Reach for 50% off from Amazon.

Unrelated to Black Friday, my wife and I finally took a dive in the Rhythm genre with Rock Band 3. We picked up Rock Band 3, Rock Band 2 (for the song import), a guitar, a mic and the keyboard. No drums for now, they are crazy expensive and neither of us have much interest in playing them.

Smart idea. Drums are the hardest to play because of the foot pedal.

Didn't get anything, only games I really wanted were Transformers: War for Cybertron, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Didn't notice deals good enough for me to pick them up. Best Buy usually has a good sale just before and after Christmas, gonna wait till then, plus have plenty of other stuff to play until Christmas.

I don't remember this thread being here.

Anyway, I bought:

Futurama: Seasons 1-4 ($9 ea)
Futurama: Bender's Big Score
Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder
Logitech MX518 mouse
Logitech G330 Headset
Logitech M310 mouse

All Logitech stuff has a rebate. The M310 is $5 after rebate, other 2 are $15. I like to try out mice when they're cheap. Only game deal I was interested in was Modnation Racers for $25 but I missed the deal, wasn't sure if I wanted it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"