• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels So... who should return for the sequel?

Dr.Negative

Civilian
Reaction score
I think that in the sequel, they need to look more closely at the cast of characters they have and consider who should not return.

essentially i think there is really only 8 characters that should come back do that you can make way for 3 new characters.

Professor X & Moria need to return, there story is almost a love interest
Beast still has more developement required. Learning to be how he is now.
Havok and Banshee need to be brought forward more and given more plot

Magneto needs to return to show how the brotherhood was formed. then there is Mystique and Azazel which i feel would be brilliant to bring together, having Azazel warp Mystiques mind so that she becomes more like the mystique we know in the future x-men films.

the three characters i feel should be in the sequel are Polaris, Toad & Sabretooth mostly because you have two old characters that were in x1, but you have no idea how they became members then there is polaris who would levi the playing fields

White Queen, Angel Salvador and as much as i hate to say it but Riptide are characters that have no real story plot you can move forward.

All the characters should return.

I dont think there is a real problem with that.

And about White Queen...... do you really think Fox wont use her again??

Its an iconic character from the comics, and one of the best looking actresses of FC, so they will use her again, probably for all the trilogy.

The character deserves to have a better role next time.

really? do you really see Emma Frost becoming a member of the brotherhood. It just doesnt make sense.

Dont get me wrong i think she is great but you really need to have her working for Sinister or back to the hellfire or becoming good by the second film. She is a woman with class - the brotherhood has always been a rogues gallery.

thats something I agree with you.

Emma doesnt belong in the brotherhood.

I really hope it just was the way Matthew and Singer used to show that Emma is finally free at the end of FC.

But Emma is not just another brotherhood mutant, she is much more than that.

So I really hope she goes by her own on second class, and have a more independent role, or at least a more complex one, she could work with Magneto during a short time, but with a secret interest from her, so she ends leaving them at some point to use whatever she gets from them to her own benefits.

Firstly i would like to say that Pryde Of The X-Men was all that was wrong with studios putting a movie together like a puzzle but hammering in all the pieces when they dont fit.

Moving on...

The problem with this franchise is that it will always be about Magneto's war and Xaviers responsibility. I played out in the original trilogy and thats carried on in first class no doubtly will it continue in the two sequels that follow first class.

Which means we can explore things like the hellfire club or sinisters maurders and cause unless its shown in one movie only.

So as i dont see Emma Frost being a brotherhood member, and i dont see them futher exporing the hellfire club. Plus i also dont see Emma being another protagonist to the film against xavier im thinking it would be better not to use her other wise we could just be forcing her character into a story just because of popularity.

Should come back: Professor X, Beast, Havok, Banshee, Magneto, Emma Frost, Mystique

Okay not to come back: Angel Salvadore, Riptide, Azazel

I have no problem with any of them returning, even Darwin.

Riptide is the only character I feel serves no real purpose and could have easily died in the first film.

really? do you really see Emma Frost becoming a member of the brotherhood. It just doesnt make sense.

Dont get me wrong i think she is great but you really need to have her working for Sinister or back to the hellfire or becoming good by the second film. She is a woman with class - the brotherhood has always been a rogues gallery.

no, I don't see her being a member of the brotherhood, but, if you recall, at the end, Magneto did break her out, saying that he has use for her powers, so, obviously she plays a part in whatever his plans are...

Tho, don't see her being a member of the brotherhood, I see her as being a temporary ally in his war against humanity

so, yes, I think she will return...

I don't really see a problem with anyone returning, its not an overly crowded cast...
(if anything I would want to see more people added) mainly to the x-team

but, I wouldn't be upset if Riptide didn't comeback…
….or Angel for that matter (tho, I would like an explanation for her absence) something that would bring closure to her story (like she left cause she felt guilty about abandoning/and fighting against her friends) but, was to ashamed to try to return to them, after leaving (the brotherhood) and just went off on her own

Azazel- I would like to keep around, to see if they play out anything between him and Mystique

An Mystique, is obviously a must

it seems to soon for Toad and Sabertooth…
(Toads probably not even around, yet, he didn't seem the old in the original… Sabertooth is another story, though, he would be around in this timeline, he would be busy in the wars, and then working with Striker (assuming, the events of XO:W even happen in this version) but, either way, I would imagine at this point in time, he would give Magneto the same response Logan did… lol

I'm not an expert on X-Men comic history...but doesn't Emma Frost invite Magneto to be a member of the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle at some point? Maybe they could do that, instead of her being "just one of the brotherhood"? Although they probably wouldn't want to revisit the Hellfire Club, which is a shame as they didn't really go into any detail of it.
What about Emma opening up her rival Mutant school with Magneto...the Massachusetts Academy?

I think Emma will probs be in the Brotherhood in the next film, as it seems thats what theyre setting up.

But I dont think she will be like Azazel, Angel or Riptide... In a sense that she wont just be following orders.

I reckon she will become Magneto's second-in-command/co-leader, maybe disputing with him on things and sent on solo missions. (Like how Mystique was in X1-3), which will make FC Mystique jealous leading her into the arms of Azazel.

So I think she could fit in nicely with the Brotherhood, if they write her in the correct manner.

Of course Emma can be in the Brotherhood. If she became an X-Men member in the comics, she can be a Brotherhood member in the movies. Its not like the movies are so fateful with the comics.

I have no problem with any of the characters returning, with an exception of the quite obviously dead ones. I'm not too sure about Emma and the Brotherhood, I'm still trying to make my mind up as to whether it works for me. If they go ahead with it and pull it off well then it should be fine, otherwise it won't be all that believable for fans who read the comics.

I'd love to see how Mystique transforms, there's quite a difference between her in First Class and the original three. There's room for some fantastic character development there, if they decide to take it one, which I imagine they'll probably have to.

Who should return? SEBASTIAN SHAW!!! HE CANNOT DIE, HE IS AN IMPORTANT CHARACTER!!!
Also, just based on my preferences, I think Emma Frost should leave; she was boring and unimportant, and January Jones is a bad actress. Angel Salvadore should not return either, same with Riptide. But also Havock.
So basically, who I think should come back is: Professor X, Magneto, Beast, Banshee, Mystique, and Azazel.
I think Azazel should speak more, get more fight scenes. More Beast character study, more Beast/Mystique storyline.

Only two characters that should not have survived the First Class: Riptide and Angel. And they should be dealt with in the beginning of the next film.

New X-Men should be young Cyclops and Jean.

My ideal story would be about the mutant massacre. A group called Marauders emerges and spreads fear into normal humans. As First Class was Magneto's journey, this should be Xavier's. His response to such a vile act and meeting the most cruel opponent ever Nathaniel Essex, who doesn't respect any codex like Magneto or Shaw; who finds only satisfaction in manipulation and experimentation. That's where Cyclops and Havoc's story would fit, their childhood and why is Essex so interested in them. Jean would also play a major role in Sinister's plan.
Magneto should not yet form the Brotherhood, rather continue to lead the remaining members of the Hellfire Club. With Angel and Riptide gone, Emma will betray Magneto and join Sinister, while Azazel and brainwashed Mystique would join his Marauders. Erik would have no choice to seek Xavier in hope of finding and rescuing Mystique and stopping Sinister in his plan with Jean and Cyclops.
By the end of the film Havoc will die, rescuing his brother and Jean. As will Azazel with the rest of the Marauders. Sinister would be stopped, but left for the third film with the White Queen.
Xavier's X-Men would be Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Banshee.
Magneto with only Mystique left will begin tracking down mutants for his Brotherhood.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"