• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

"Sonic Boom" NEW Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon series!

CJ

Sidekick
Reaction score
Dave Polsky, a writer for TV shows such as South Park, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and films like Scary Movie, is working on a new Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon series, called "Sonic Boom"

Details are scarce, but it will supposedly have a more silly tone to it.

Source: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/06/15/sega-launching-new-sonic-boom-cartoon/

I expect more details on June 23rd, the date SEGA holds their yearly convention for Sonic fans, which, coincidentally, is also called: "Sonic Boom"

AHHHHHHHHH So excited for this!

I don't see how you could be any sillier than the original cartoon without being a show for toddlers.

Hope it's more entertaining than Sonic X.

10041321226_fdeabae8d6.jpg

If you'll look closely, it seems like Sonic might be wearing a jacket of some kind.

I really like the detail they put into the backdrop. But man, WHAT did they do to Knuckles!?

I guess they feel Knuckles needs the muscle to match his toughness or something.

Looks interesting but I do have to admit that I'm a little disappointed by it not atleast having a somewhat Sonic SAT-AMesque tone. But with an MLP:FIM vibe that they seem to want, I cant say that bothers me too much.

Last edited:
I just think Knuckles is tall, is that a bad thing?

I'm really happy that Sonic Boom isn't another Hoax!
I'm excited! :yay:

I just saw the pics for the new game. I'm going to assume they're pulling a Sonic X and no longer using those actors, so the characters have the same voice in every thing.

If that's what the show will truly look like, the animation sure will be nice.

I'm not really feeling Sonic having blue arms. Same with his voice.

I thought the animation looked pretty good too.

The voice is Roger Craig Smith who has played Sonic before.

I was wondering why he looked off to me. Great animation though.

I'm also not crazy about the voice. But gotta give it at least an episode.

Hell, between Urkel, and whoever did the voice in the dub of the anime movie... quite frankly this isn't that bad.

Looked like a cut scene right out of a game, lol.

the animation looks alright but looking at the designs it seems someone is a fan of the new tmnt.

this looks pretty good. Hopeuflly they don't use the fact it's a kid's cartoon as an excuse to put out ill-thought out crap.

I really hate the blue arms. Tails is looking good though. Eggman.. meh.

If they wanted the characters to look different they should have just used the Sonic Riders redesigns. I hate Sonic's new look in this cartoon. His bandages are covering his iconic sneakers. And frickin blue arms. WTF.

Amy is basically the same as the games, but her new dress looks dumb.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Shadow and Rouge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"