• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sony has run out of 60GB PS3s -- get one while you can

imdaly

- Part 12
Reaction score
Sony has run out of 60GB PS3s -- get one while you can
August 29, 2007

Well we knew it wouldn't last forever. Sony has just confirmed with GamePro that they have run out of 60GB PS3s in their warehouses -- the only 60GB units left are ones that are in the retail channel now. This means that if you want a $499 PS3 with full backwards compatibility, you better hit up the shops soon.

According to David Karraker there is still 'ample supply' left in the retail stores, but with the holidays fast approaching and some fantastic games hitting the PS3, don't expect that supply to stay ample for that long. Still no word on whether Sony will keep the 80GB PS3's price at $599 once the 60GB SKU runs out of stock completely, but GamePro is agreeing with Michael Pachter that Sony will probably drop the price on the 80GB unit before Christmas.
Source

Better hurry! The fire sale is almost over! :D

Meaning we'll most likely be seeing a 100 price drop on the 80 when it stops being a bundle.

Could be, but I'm willing to bet we'll just see them throw in a second freebie instead, if anything.

That's a surprise. I expected the 60GB Playstation 3s to be around for a bit longer.

Oh well, it'll drop the price of the 80GB for sure considering that the price cut gave the Playstation 3 a much needed boost. Now all it needs, is some f**king games.

Could be, but I'm willing to bet we'll just see them throw in a second freebie instead, if anything.

Would you honestly bet on that? You'd put money on it? Hell, most analysts think the PS3 will be $399 by January...including the ones at Microsoft.

Considering that the 80 gig has the words BUNDLE, and LIMITED EDITION on it in big red font, chances are pretty good that it will drop in price...

Sony would have to keep the price at 499 or less if they want to stay competitive with Nintendo and Microsoft.

Considering that the 80 gig has the words BUNDLE, and LIMITED EDITION on it in big red font, chances are pretty good taht it will drop in price...

"Limited Edition" =/= "Limited Expensiveness"

Guess what? You take "Motorstorm" out of the box, and it becomes a new edition!

Circuit City has a limited edition XBOX 360 bundle with "Rockstar: Table Tennis" for $349.99. Does that mean that once that edition is ran out that the system will drop to $249.99 without the game? Hell no.

Guess what, your bundle isn't an official Microsft SKU.

Besides if they were going to un-pakage Motorstorm and ludicrously keep the price the same that wouldn't make much sense. The game has passed its peak or even healthy sales period, what good would removing MS do if they were going to keep the price the same, that would just make things worse.

Fair enough...

Then how much did the 60GB PS3 go down once the limitied editions bundled with "Talladega Nights" on Blu-ray for free were sold out?

Talladega Nights wasn't an official bundle, it was just a throw in bonus for the first X PS3 owners. If they had bothered making a seperate boxart or anything beyond it just being a "The first X lucky PS3 owners will also get a copy of Talladega Nights on Blu Ray" then it might be applicable to the 80 gig Motorstorm bundle.

Seriously, you've brought up Talladega Nights like 7 times in similar arguements of the past and everyone plaining knew the difference back then to. :dry:

What exactly is the difference here between the 80Gb LE and the first PS3 LEs that came with Talladega Nights? Please, inform me. Because both of them were/are limited editions and so far the officially bundled PS3s never dropped in price. I don't understand how/why this is different. I'm, pretty sure that it was a Sony limited offer that included Talladega, and not a retailer bundle.

You would have to understand the distinction between the Motorstorm bundle and Talladega Nights being thrown in with vanilla PS3 units for the first X amount of owners.

There was never any Talladega Nights limited edition, or bundle, package, or SKU.

Are you serious, woman? :wow:

*thinks*

Hmm.....

Yes she's serious Blas.

Think about it. The price cut was a much needed boost for the Playstation 3.

Do you really think that Sony would want to cut that success by bringing the price up?

Do you really think that Sony would announce such a price cut while the 60GB model was still out there and they're trying to get rid of them?

Also take into consideration that the 80GB model of the Playstation 3 is a lot cheaper to produce than the 60GB model and the cost of producing the Playstation 3 is getting cheaper and cheaper (mostly due to lower production costs of blu-ray and removing Playstation 2 parts such as the Emotion Engine)

I can't buy a Ps3 before a Wii60, dude...BUT, I can see myself buying one early next year, perhaps.

When is Uncharted out?

God dammit Blas. Stop listening to those Xbots at GR and get a PSWii. Use your common sense:

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Mario Kart Wii
4. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
5. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
6. God of War 3
7. Virtual Console

They just want you to get a 360 so they can shoot poor Blas in the face in multiplayer games, instead of letting Blas play the games he loves like God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, David Jaffes new games (Twisted Metal guy), and Uncharted.

Fair enough...

Then how much did the 60GB PS3 go down once the limitied editions bundled with "Talladega Nights" on Blu-ray for free were sold out?
That BRD was a FREE pack in. It was not an official bundle. The system was ALWAYS $599 before they decided to throw in that film. The main reason they created this Motorstorm bundle was to jack up the price so they could push out the 60gb. With no more 60gb PS3s, theres no reason to keep the bundle and Imm sure we will see standalone 80gb PS3s in a few months

God dammit Blas. Stop listening to those Xbots at GR and get a PSWii. Use your common sense:

2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Mario Kart Wii
6. God of War 3
7. Virtual Console

Orrr... he could not play MGS4 (right away), GoW3, and Uncharted and could play Bioshock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Banjo Kazooie 3 and any other Xbox 360 exclusive. PS3 is a waste of his time and money before the 360, face it hippie. [Also, changing your tune, much? We're Xbots now? I guess you're a Sony ****e, then. ;)]

:o

Bioware, Irrational/2k, Bungie, Rare, and Lionhead > Jaffe, Kojima, Naughty Dog.

2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Mario Kart Wii
6. God of War 3
7. Virtual Console

All those games are must gets, seriously :up:

They just want you to get a 360 so they can shoot poor Blas in the face in multiplayer games, instead of letting Blas play the games he loves like God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, David Jaffes new games (Twisted Metal guy), and Uncharted.

Zenienina, you just mentioned the exact games that will make me get a Ps3 :eek:

Orrr... he could not play MGS4 (right away), GoW3, and Uncharted and could play Bioshock, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Banjo Kazooie 3 and any other Xbox 360 exclusive. PS3 is a waste of his time and money before the 360, face it hippie. [Also, changing your tune, much? We're Xbots now? I guess you're a Sony ****e, then. ;)]

:oBioware, Irrational/2k, Bungie, Rare, and Lionhead > Jaffe, Kojima, Naughty Dog.

Also, must gets, but I don't know about Banjo right now....anyway yay 360!

To be honest, guys, I don't see why I can't enjoy everything, I mean, as soon as I get to Canadaland I will get a 360 (considering that the Falcon is available and with no problems), then I will buy a Wii with some choice GC and Wii games, and a Ps3 most likely next year.

So I'll have Ps360ii :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"