• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Sony & Paramount Possibly Merging

Honestly I don't see how spidey could even show up in avengers. You guys know that the avengers are owned by marvel studios, with paramount distributing. Sony would still own the spidey license not marvel studios. Now if sony merged with marvel studios, spidey and whoever else sony owns could show up in a crossover. If I have things wrong, please enlighten me. ;)

But if Sony and Parmount merged that would mean they'd be distributing the same films, so likewise, Sony would basically be a Marvel distributor hence Spidey would basically be in Marvel's hands. At least that's what I thought even though I don't think this deal will fall through.

i wish Fox and Sony would merge that way we can see Kingpin in a Spidey flick but not that Michael Clarke Duncan guy. a black Kingpin? wtf?

i wish Fox and Sony would merge that way we can see Kingpin in a Spidey flick but not that Michael Clarke Duncan guy. a black Kingpin? wtf?
Skin-colour doesn't matter for a plethora of characters in the comic-book universe. Kingpin is one of them. It's his deep voice, physique and role that's matters about him as a live character in any movie he's in, in the future.

Yeah as long Kingpin is a big man in a white suit I'm fine.

I don't want Spidey in the first Avenger movie, but if he becomes one in a sequel I'd be fine.

So perfect scenario... Marvel gets DD back at the beginning of the next fiscal year, Paramount/Sony merge... Kingpin is one of your villains in SM4... :woot:

So perfect scenario... Marvel gets DD back at the beginning of the next fiscal year, Paramount/Sony merge... Kingpin is one of your villains in SM4... :woot:

That would be so cool, interesting news this is. Will have to see what really does happen as a result in regards to the character rights.

If this happened it would be Epic. Really Sony and Fox are the only two studios who own Marvel properties. I think if Spidey started showing up in some Marvel movies it'd put more pressure on Fox. At least I hope it would

No way Fox would be under pressure to merge as long as they have X-Men. That is the one property that works best in a self contained universe. Plus I doubt Marvel is rushing to incorporate the plethera of mutants out there into their current universe. Properties like DD/FF would be ideal for crossover purposes so they might be under pressure with those properties if the solo films continue to underperform.

Last edited:
One can hope though. I dont necessarily want every movie to have cameos and stuff for the sake of it... granted Fox has done that in the past two movies, but I just like the option for it. I mean.. it's a long shot and I know this, but imagine what it could be like in 10 years if Marvel's property were centrally owned and there could be a Civil War Trilogy.... I know, likely hood of it is astonishing low, but I guess it'd be nice to know it could be a possibility vs. knowing for a fact that it couldn't be. Does that make sense?

Civil War trilogy??? Let's not go crazy. In terms of live-action features, I don't think it's a good idea to have a massive crossover featuring 50% of the Marvel Universe with the exception of Avengers movies, and even then that's nowhere NEAR the scale of a Civil War adaptation. I like the idea of maybe Spiderman popping up here, Wolverine popping up there, Reed/Thing/Human Torch/Hulk showing up every now and then. Maybe some vs. movies without getting cheezy like AvP. That way it would at least be managable to retain the same actors over a period of a decade or so. If they keep recasting the crossover concept is meaningless IMO.

I do agree.... and I know something so grand scale would realistically never happen, but like you said, I would like the possibility of the Avengers recruiting the help of Wolverine, or Spiderman for a moment in a movie, or even feature their help in an installment or something. Thats all. I guess it would just be nice if Marvel owned all their property to me.

Hehe.... if they did a single movie like Civil War they would pay like 100 mill just on actors. Haha. Kinda scary really.

Spidey and Wolverine could be in a franchise together if they choose to adapt New Avengers. Still decades away, but it's something you can adapt. Marvel should first be concerned with trying to get Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver in Avengers movies before they go after Wolverine, as they are both core characters. I think the first step is to make the crossovers work with the smaller characters, Dare Devil, Punisher, Blade, etc. Then if that's successful Marvel can try to unite the big fish.

I concur. I actually asked on another thread about when Marvel could acquire Daredevil. I would really love to see what they would do with him. And since Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver haven't been used in movies, couldn't they get the rights for them back from fox pretty easily? I don't know how that all works so.

Why does it matter if he's black or not?:dry:

um b/c he's white in the comics. its not a race thing but if hollywood's neglegence to detail continues like this we might see a japanese Spider-Man. we might as well have a mexican Wolverine while we're at it.

um b/c he's white in the comics. its not a race thing but if hollywood's neglegence to detail continues like this we might see a japanese Spider-Man. we might as well have a mexican Wolverine while we're at it.

Well, we already got an Australian Wolverine and Hulk; not to mention an irish punisher and a black kingpin.

We already had a Japanese Spider-Man... he had a robot, and it was awesome.

ps. The comics have already intoduced a mexican Spider-Man (2099) and a black Nick Fury (USM, Ironman)

And a black Catwoman. And a British Mr. Fantastic.

And a black Catwoman. And a British Mr. Fantastic.
'The Spectacular Spider-Man': Liz Allan = Puerto Rican & Roderick Kingsley = Africian-American. Anything can change. Races even differ in the comic-books, as well.

I concur. I actually asked on another thread about when Marvel could acquire Daredevil. I would really love to see what they would do with him. And since Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver haven't been used in movies, couldn't they get the rights for them back from fox pretty easily? I don't know how that all works so.

Quicksilver has a really small cameo in Wolverine. He was the kid who was moving really fast in his cage & had white hair.

Does it still count if they dont mention his name? They never actually say his name do they?

And the character having a different skin color in the movie diminishes the character how?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"