Soviet anti-rock pamphlet from 1985

IKnowSomeJudo

Sidekick
Reaction score
I speak very little russian (or is it ukrainian?), but from what I understand, it's a black list of 38 bands/performers from the west, whose lyrical content was then deemed subversive and anti-communist. Now, the list mostly consists of Hard Rock and Punk bands, which was to be expected, but here's a few that I find particularly amusing:

(name of the band - lyrical content)

8. Styx - violence, vandalism
11. AC/DC - neo-fascism (!), violence
30. Van Halen - anti-soviet propaganda
31. Julio Iglesias - neo-fascism (!!!)
34. Village People - violence (LMAO!)

image001pu5.jpg

Then be useful and post all the names. :up:

I really need to get to practicing my Russian. :csad:

I remember I was going to move to Moscow until I bought "Diver Down" and got brainwashed. :(

I speak very little russian (or is it ukrainian?), but from what I understand, it's a black list of 38 bands/performers from the west, whose lyrical content was then deemed subversive and anti-communist. Now, the list mostly consists of Hard Rock and Punk bands, which was to be expected, but here's a few that I find particularly amusing:

(name of the band - lyrical content)

8. Styx - violence, vandalism
11. AC/DC - neo-fascism (!), violence
30. Van Halen - anti-soviet propaganda
31. Julio Iglesias - neo-fascism (!!!)
34. Village People - violence (LMAO!)

image001pu5.jpg

I recognize a lot of the bands mentioned, and some of the reasons are pretty funny. :woot: I'm taking Elementary Russian, though, so I only understand so much of what's being said there. Alice Cooper has "vandalism" on his, for some reason, and Pink Floyd was considered to have something to do with politics (Most likely political criticism). Tina Turner for "sex", Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath have something to do with religion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"