Spawn 2 movie update

RedIsNotBlue

Agree to disagree
Reaction score
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/movies/other/002548919.cfm

MCFARLANE GIVES INSIGHT ON THE FUTURE OF ‘SPAWN 2’
Spawn creator insists he’ll write, direct and self-fund sequel and he even has a secret cameo in mind

Spawn creator Todd McFarlane insists that he is already writing the screenplay for “Spawn 2,” and once he completes that, he’ll both direct and self-fund the film.

Wizard tracked down the famed comic book artist/music video director/toy creator, and here’s what he had to say about “Spawn 2.”

“[‘Spawn 2’] will probably be ‘R’ rated,” McFarlane explained. “And here’s how the movie’s going to work: minus Spawn, everything else is real. Like in the first ‘Grudge’ film. Minus something creepy going on in that house, everything else was real in that movie. I’ve always been enamored by the creepy shows where they sort of seem like they could be real except for one element. For me, personally, once you get too much fantasy then I think you lose the element of fear.”

And McFarlane, who played a homeless guy in the original film, has plans for his next cameo.

“I’ll probably be like a sophisticated drug dealer guy that runs a club or something,” McFarlane laughed. “Someone who can spit venom if he gets pissed off. You know, a peckerhead with a goatee who think he’s slicker than he is. And, you know, I’ll probably get whacked.”

To read the complete Todd McFarlane interview, pick up the Wizard 2007 Movie Spectacular on Dec. 6, featuring the full scoop on over 120 movies. The issue contains a 33-page special report on "Spider-Man 3," the first and most comprehensive look at 2007's biggest movie. The special section contains exclusive images, photos and information you won't find anywhere else.

Nice small little update. I wonder if he mentions Spawn: The Animation in that interview

He's been saying that for the last 4 years, I'll believe it when I see it :)

Movies205 said:
He's been saying that for the last 4 years, I'll believe it when I see it :)

Yep, that s**t's never going to happen. :o

Spawn fundamentally could be a good character but Todd is not a writer or at hte very least, I've never seen him write anything that good...

Movies205 said:
Spawn fundamentally could be a good character but Todd is not a writer or at hte very least, I've never seen him write anything that good...

Hell, he's barely an artist. I mean, his superhero poses with the flapping capes is cool and all...but everyone he draws is so f**king fugly it's not even funny.

MaskedManJRK said:
Hell, he's barely an artist. I mean, his superhero poses with the flapping capes is cool and all...but everyone he draws is so f**king fugly it's not even funny.

He was great on the Hulk, I'm reading Peter David's run in TPB form, and his hulk just looks so monsterish it's great :up: I like TMP style, hell his designs are awesome but he simply can't write. Everything good out of that title has come from other people... "Spawn: Undead" was one of my favorite spin-off series, which highlighted the war between heaven and hell.... OR even the issue Neil Gainman wrote was great Spawn #9...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"