Spider-Man 3 Director's Cut Petition

Well, I'm already predicting an extended version coming along with the regular version...but what I would like more is different scenes too along with it...like that scene with Flint, Penny, the sand castle and Eddie in it.

"Ghost Rider" gets an extended edition (17 minutes longer!).... Who gives a flying ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spidey 3 had better get one too!!!!

"Ghost Rider" gets an extended edition (17 minutes longer!).... Who gives a flying ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spidey 3 had better get one too!!!!

^
The best superhero franchise should since all the bad ones get one.

Message to everyone: If I don't post in the board today then it means I won't be back for a while (personal issues). In the event I don't return I'd like for those who've been supporting the petition to keep the petition alive and spread word.

Anyone interested in sending a letter to Sony can send it here:

Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc
Intellectual Property Divsion
10202 West Washington Blvd
Culver City, California 90232-3195

For the latest updates regarding the petition check here:
http://boards.sonypictures.com/spiderman/showthread.php?t=15307

Just in case....

Praylu if you go I wish you good luck with whatever issues you have to face. On another note is the petition loading up for anyone? I've been trying to pull up the petition since last night and it never loads up.

Thanks, hopefully I won't be gone too long. The site hasn't been loading up for anyone since last night but its finally working for me now so check it out again to see if works for you too.

1118 signatures so far. It just keeps going up and up. There must be a whole lot of people that want to see a directors cut and rightly so.

If there's a decent enough Director's Cut, then I hope it sees the light of day come the DVD's release. Though the current release is already 2 hrs. 20 mins. long, all that will probably be released is all the deleted scenes on the DVD. Raimi's actual director's cut would've been shorter and minus Venom and Gwen. Still...the possibility of a longer Spidey/Venom fight sequence is intriguing.

I'm sure Raimi had to cut anywhere from 15-30 minutes of footage for the theatre release. What I'm missing the most is the Sandcastle scene, it's a huge character development scene for both Marko and Brock. Extended action scenes would probably help out a bit too. Even an extra 8 minutes would help out a bit.

On the video game it is really cool to see Harry fight the Sandman.Sandman is throwing cars at Harry and you see Harry dodging them with cool glider moves,and Harry jumping into Sandman's mouth where you see these explosions that start from the top of Sandman's body and goes all the way down,and the part where Harry takes out his sword and cuts the fire hydrant open and uses his glider to shoot the water at Sandman.

You think they have cut footage like that?

On the video game it is really cool to see Harry fight the Sandman.Sandman is throwing cars at Harry and you see Harry dodging them with cool glider moves,and Harry jumping into Sandman's mouth where you see these explosions that start from the top of Sandman's body and goes all the way down,and the part where Harry takes out his sword and cuts the fire hydrant open and uses his glider to shoot the water at Sandman.

You think they have cut footage like that?
Probably not. When Harry shatters his arm after turning it into glass he kind of just falls down. Then again we don't see what happens with Sandman so I suppose something similar is possible.

A Director's cut would be nice; hell I wouldn't even care if the original was 4 hrs. long, I just want the footage of Venom/Eddie that me and all the other fans deserve. And some more sceanes of Black Spidey fighting thugs would be great too.

A "petition" only weeks after the movies release?

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Strangely enough, Hollywood ain't a democracy.

no. the film sucked due to poor writing and Raimi. a director's cut would suck just as well. no matter what's added or taken away, nothing can get past the poor writing.

I think the movie is great the way it is but it really could be greatly improved with the deleted scenes put back in. BTW 1438 Total Signatures

the crap footage will still be in a DC. There is too much negative stuff to be made better with a few more sequences :(

I dont know what crap footage your talking about but at least a good 20 minutes got cut from the film if not more so yes those scenes could improve on an already great movie.

I dont know what crap footage your talking about but at least a good 20 minutes got cut from the film if not more so yes those scenes could improve on an already great movie.

this is the crap footage, SM3 is a poor piece of cinema.

Umm I guess since you cant give details on what the crap footage is there must be none.

Umm I guess since you cant give details on what the crap footage is there must be none.

I agree with you Toxin. Those extra minutes would make me love the film even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"