• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spider-Man 3 vs. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

SirThomasSharpe

Civilian
Reaction score
Out of these controversial installments that led to the Spider_man franchise being restarted, which one is better? 2007's Spider-Man 3, or 2014's The Amazing Spider-Man 2? Vote and give your thoughts below.

SM3, I tried to right a list for pros and cons for both. But when I think about it. ASM2 only rehashed what SM3 did and added a rather unpleasant cliffhanger. I enjoyed the ASM films but they dont quite compare to Raimi.

Spider-Man 3 is far better. It is better than TASM1 too.

Yeah I'd say Spider-man 3 is the better movie.

Neither are good movies, but Spiderman 3 miraculously has a more coherent plot.

I'll be the hipster here and admit to Amazing 2 being the better film.

What happened to Peter's parents > Spidey Vs. that thing I refuse to call Goblin battle

Green Goblin > that thing I refuse to call Goblin

Electro > The Sandman

Clocktower finale > WWE tag match match

Rhino fight cliffhanger > Peter and Mary dancing in a lame sendoff.

Also, Saturday Night Fever & Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer = NO!

Last edited:
Amazing Spider-Man 2 was good entertainment.
Spider-Man 3 was good entertainment, some of the time, but most of the time was horrifying and cheesy. TBH 1 & 2 were cheesy enough, but in a good comic book way, 3 was just embarrassing.

That's why I voted for ASM2

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was good entertainment.
Spider-Man 3 was good entertainment, some of the time, but most of the time was horrifying and cheesy. TBH 1 & 2 were cheesy enough, but in a good comic book way, 3 was just embarrassing.

That's why I voted for ASM2

I found myself embarrassed the most by ASM2, especially the Batman And Robin-esque Dr. Kafka.

I think they're both crap.

amazing spiderman 2. its not a great film, but anything beats tobey maguire dancing up and down the streets of NY.

Spiderman 3 is a better film....but it hurts me more personally as a Spiderman fan as opposed to ASM 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"