The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man 4 Script Due this Summer

OtherwiseKnownAs

We live inside a dream (he/him/his)
Reaction score
sam raimi told sci fi wire that david lindsay-abaire's script for spider-man 4 should be ready by summer.

Raimi said the film has to make the announced may 6, 2011 release date. "we have to make the release date, and on all of these pictures, the 'spider-man' films--and i'm sure it's the same as with many of the other bigger-budgeted films--they have release dates far in advance of a screenplay," he said. "so it's about getting it ready the best you can in time for the first day of production. That's what we've always done, and that's what we'll try to do again."

the helmer also told empire magazine he will have full control over the fourth installment - something he didn't have on the third. "they really gave me a tremendous amount of control on the first two films, actually," he said. "but then there were different opinions on the third film and i didn't really have creative control, so to speak."

he added that "the best way for me to move forward on films, is that i've got to be the singular voice that makes the creative choices on the film. I love spider-man so much that i'd like to continue telling spider-man stories. But only under those circumstances where i think i can honour him."

i am not to sure about this writer they have. I googled him and he dosn't have to many films under his belt. And all the ones he did were kind of dumb :(

I rather have Vanderbilt.:csad:
I want to know what the heck happened to him and his script.

I rather have Vanderbilt.:csad:
I want to know what the heck happened to him and his script.

Sam did a smart choice with david lindsay-abaire. If it is indeed the lizard and carnage there will be alot of emotional drama going on. Vanderbuilts script was probably way too much action and not enough story. I think that sam is going back to the spider-man roots with the drama and storyline that catched all of our hearts. Thats something that the third film missed out on by a long shot !

:spidey:

Sorry I meant kraven instead of carnage I just realized that one lol

It better be Kraven that's all I can say. I can live with Vulture but I don't find him nearly as compelling as Kraven.

Kraven and Lizard in 11'

there's a lot of SM3 to fix in this next one. I hope its epic

This all says to me that Raimi knows what went wrong with the movie, and also knows how to rectify it, not that I didnt like Spidey 3 anyway, but I am plenty confident about 4 being good now.

Yep, same here. Good news and let's hope for the best.

So Vanderbilt's script was rejected because it may have had more action than story? Hm...

Sam did a smart choice with david lindsay-abaire. If it is indeed the lizard and carnage there will be alot of emotional drama going on. Vanderbuilts script was probably way too much action and not enough story.
Actually, it's the opposite. He said he would focus more on the characters instead of focusing on the special effects. And he knows how to do it. Zodiac is a good proof. A really intelligent movie. IMO, he was the right guy to write SM4 and take it to a new direction.

I think that sam is going back to the spider-man roots with the drama and storyline that catched all of our hearts. Thats something that the third film missed out on by a long shot !
Agreed.

It came out yesterday. Sam said it himself.

i am not to sure about this writer they have. I googled him and he dosn't have to many films under his belt. And all the ones he did were kind of dumb :(

I got three words for you.

Pulitzer Prize Winner.

Actually, it's the opposite. He said he would focus more on the characters instead of focusing on the special effects. And he knows how to do it. Zodiac is a good proof. A really intelligent movie. IMO, he was the right guy to write SM4 and take it to a new direction.

Agreed.
Um...So you're saying that Vanderbilt's script had too much story/character development, and little action? :huh:

Sam Raimi Says ‘Spider-Man 4’ Villains Won’t Be Announced Until Script Is Finished
Published by Josh Wigler on Monday, April 6, 2009 at 11:00 am.

Spider-fans are going to have to wait at least three months before any significant “Spider-Man 4” news comes in, because that’s how long director Sam Raimi says it will take for the film’s script to be completed.

“Right now, David Lindsay-Abaire is working on a draft of the new picture,” Raimi told SCI FI Wire. “And he’s hard at work, and hopefully we’ll see something in about three months.”

While it’s good to know that scripting is underway, there’s some bad news as well — Raimi says we won’t hear official word about the villains until after the script’s completion, despite previous rumors tagging The Lizard, Morbius and Carnage as potential enemies.

“I’m not at liberty to discuss the villains yet,” said Raimi. “I think I have to wait ’til the finished screenplay, and then it’d be up to Sony Pictures and the producers to determine when they want to release that information. To them, it’s usually a big, a big, big thing, a big moment where they want to present the villain with the proper respect or fear that he or she deserves.”

Or she, says Raimi? Might that bit of gender-ambiguity have a little something to do with the Deadline Hollywood Daily rumor that there’s “another gal part” aside from Mary Jane Watson in “Spider-Man 4″? Perhaps it’s time for Felicia Hardy, better known as Black Cat, to go claws-to-webs with Tobey Maguire’s big-screen superhero.

Even though it might be a little while before your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man graces the news pages, there should be some good news relatively soon. According to Raimi, the film’s release date of May 6, 2011, is firmly set in stone, meaning we’ll have some answers well before then.

“We have to make the release date, and on all of these pictures, the ‘Spider-Man’ films — and I’m sure it’s the same as with many of the other bigger-budgeted films — they have release dates far in advance of a screenplay,” said Raimi. “So it’s about getting it ready the best you can in time for the first day of production. That’s what we’ve always done, and that’s what we’ll try to do again.”

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/04/0...s-wont-be-announced-until-script-is-finished/

We were suppose to have a script last summer and then they hired someone new and no script and now we are suppose to get it this summer. This has me worried.

I kinda hope MJ isn't the main love interest in this one. Have her go off to L.A to do an acting gig... get Dunst to do a cameo at the end where MJ and Parker put things on hold and go their separate ways for the time being. Would be a nice way to end the saga leaving you hanging, with enough inconclusiveness to setup future sequels/reboots with a new cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"