• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Spider-Man 70's Live Action TV Series - FIXED

Awesome.How come Nicholas Hammond never gets mentioned as much as Adam West or Lou Ferrigno does?

This show only lasted for one season?I didn't know that.I remember every time spidey would web swing,they would always use the same footage of him shooting a web on a crane and you would see him swing over to the next building.

This footage was even more funny when spidey was in Japan and then when he would web swing to the next building,you would suddenly see the same footage of him swinging in a New York city background.

as i recall it was 2 mini series over two seasons

I just can't imagin how ANYONE in their right mind would cast a guy who looked SO WHIMPY in costume like that. Ugg, how embarrassing! I have too much love and respect for the character to want to see him look so stupid... and calling it "campy" doesn't really make it right. :(

MarvelMovies said:
Hahah, brilliance!

Must've been tough to be a stunt devil for that show dangling in the air on a rope... I wonder how they got the shot of Spider-Man climbing what looks like the Empire State Building near the top

To answer GG's question, I'd say it was because the Hulk and Batman both lasted longer then one season

I don't think this 70s live action Spider-Man series lasted for too long at all
It didn't, thankfully. And since Adam West's portrayal was pretty much the opposite of Batman, Hammond's lack of recognition is a good thing.

MarvelMovies said:
Hahah, brilliance!

Must've been tough to be a stunt devil for that show dangling in the air on a rope... I wonder how they got the shot of Spider-Man climbing what looks like the Empire State Building near the top

To answer GG's question, I'd say it was because the Hulk and Batman both lasted longer then one season

I don't think this 70s live action Spider-Man series lasted for too long at all

I used to love this show. First came the pilot, then a 5 episode series. Then the following year there were like, I think, 7 more or something. Fred Waugh was the stuntman who did all of Spidey's wallcrawling. And yes, he did that on the side of the Empire State bldg hooked to a wire and winch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"