Comics Spider-Man: Life Story

A new Spider-Man comic just announced features a retelling of Spider-man's stories but in real time. Check out the link below. This new mini series is being written by Chip Zdarsky and penciled by Mark Bagley.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gi...-of-its-most-intriguing-spider-1831053284/amp

Zdarsky makes me want to buy it. I like Bagley, but I hate that they get Marcos Martin do do the covers (who I love), and then Bagley to do the interiors (who I just like). The great thing about Bagley is that I know the mini won't be needing a fill-in artist by issue 3, as Marvel has been prone to doing, lately.

Zdarsky makes me want to buy it. I like Bagley, but I hate that they get Marcos Martin do do the covers (who I love), and then Bagley to do the interiors (who I just like). The great thing about Bagley is that I know the mini won't be needing a fill-in artist by issue 3, as Marvel has been prone to doing, lately.

I share your view of Bagley and Martin. And Zdarsky absolutely sold me with his final issue in Spectacular so I'm looking forward to reading some more of his stuff.

I share your view of Bagley and Martin. And Zdarsky absolutely sold me with his final issue in Spectacular so I'm looking forward to reading some more of his stuff.
His 2 page spread from ASM#655 is STILL my desktop on my work PC. I've changed jobs in the past 8 months, and I've had that same background for going on 3 years. Martin is awesome. The best part of Spidey's 50th anniversary were the Martin decades covers.

This is so awesome!!! Enjoyed Chip's SSM run, most of it. And especially his farewell issue. And c'mon, I LOVE Bagley. Great idea and one I'm adding to the plate with "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man".

Aloha,
I love Bagley and just like Martin, but I get your point.
Spidey rules

I haven't read all of Chip's SSM run but that last issue of his was so awesome that I think I may end up reading it. I did read the first few issues and I think part of the problem was that he was stuck inside Slott's world.

Zdarsky and Bagley sound like a winning combo. I'm looking forward to this.

I'm not sure i really understand the concept? Is this comic just a Marvel Tales Presents, or is it more in depth? Is it what I was trying to work on a few years ago but was way too ambitious a project for just me alone? A chronological Spider-Man history with flashbacks and minus issues in the correct places?

Nevermind, just read the article.
For some reason, up until today, it wasn't accessing the page. I hate being stuck browsing on a phone.

Yeah, from what I understand, it's supposed to be a Peter that actually ages throughout these decades. 60s, 70s, 80s and so forth. Which will be cool to see him adapt to the world and tech around him. And to see a 40 and 50 year old Peter lol. I haven't read REIGN so they only older Peter I know of is SPIDER-VERSE hobo Peter.

There's also the old Peter from the ... Ugh... Just blanked. Uhm. Not Marvel's. Crap. He became old and fat. Spider girl was black with red web lines like veins. Damn. I cant think of the series title.

Here's a pic of the cover image for issue #2. Zdarsky posted this on his twitter account.

Dxie4cUWkAEcdxe.jpg:large

I'm thinking I'm going to love this story. I may have to check it out.

Yeah, from what I understand, it's supposed to be a Peter that actually ages throughout these decades. 60s, 70s, 80s and so forth. Which will be cool to see him adapt to the world and tech around him. And to see a 40 and 50 year old Peter lol. I haven't read REIGN so they only older Peter I know of is SPIDER-VERSE hobo Peter.

Reign is a mixed bag. I liked it, but a lot of people didn't. It's basically Dark Knight Returns, but with Spider-Man...for better and for worse.

What if I arrange her party AT the comic shop???

Kidding. I have a pull list for this very reason.
Lol yikes man. You scared me for a sec haha.

I never do pulls...because I'm weird and I like selecting my issue with no wrinkles, etc. But I actually just signed up for all of HUNTED last night.

Lol yikes man. You scared me for a sec haha.

I never do pulls...because I'm weird and I like selecting my issue with no wrinkles, etc. But I actually just signed up for all of HUNTED last night.

Well, it took me awhile to pull the trigger on doing a pull list again. I just didn't enjoy anything. Then Spencer and Ottley took over, and I had to do it. Also, the current Venom run is crazy good.

Well, it took me awhile to pull the trigger on doing a pull list again. I just didn't enjoy anything. Then Spencer and Ottley took over, and I had to do it. Also, the current Venom run is crazy good.
This is the first time since 2012 that I've been reading issues as they come out. I THINK I might like waiting 'til they compile in trade better.

Also, not sure if I dig reading a title designated to other characters than Spidey *teeth emoji*

Forget that #1 is out in a couple of weeks..

March 20! (with FNSM #4..)

I'll post the preview as soon as it's available :)

Looks like I'll be taking my wife to the comic shop for her birthday. That should work out...right?
Guys...?

March 20 is my wedding anniversary. Nothing says romance like rows of comic books!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"