World Spider-Man Live-Action: General Discussion

ernesth100

The Writing Avenger
Reaction score
This is a thread we very clearly need. Felt like this was the right place to put it. Since the Raimi and Amazing threads are on life support. Feel free to use this thread as a general I love you letter to all past Spider-Man live action appearances. From Hammond to Holland and whatever lies beyond.

Personally I think TASM 2 had the potentjal for the most creative version of Spider-Man easily. You guys cant say Electro, Rhino, Lizard, Goblin and whatever version of Ock and Mysterio they had wouldn't have been...well amazing.

Plus they didnt kill every villain like Raimi. No offense, SM2 is life.

My official ranking of every live action Spider-Man movie villain (not counting Venom)

1. Doctor Octopus
2. Vulture
3. Green Goblin (Dafoe)
4. Mysterio
5. Sandman
6. New Goblin
7. Venom
8. Shockers
9. Tinkerer
10. Electro
11. Lizard
12. Green Goblin (DeHaan)
13. Rhino

1. Lizard
2. DeHaan's Goblin
3. Vulture

I still can’t get over how TASM 2 botched the goblin design. Maybe it’s just the designer I am. But that final look was... a choice

Yeah after that, no one complained about the SM1 Goblin design ever again lol

I'm glad Hammond is in there. Maybe they can get a villain from his series in the multiverse too for SM3? One of these karate henchmen or some terrorists with deadly dust that the other Spider-Men would make quick work out of without even breaking a sweat. :o

I'm glad Hammond is in there. Maybe they can get a villain from his series in the multiverse too for SM3? One of these karate henchmen or some terrorists with deadly dust that the other Spider-Men would make quick work out of without even breaking a sweat. :o
For a moment there, I believed Hammond was officially returning and started looking for some news. LOL
Don't get me that overly excited, Raven

For a moment there, I believed Hammond was officially returning and started looking for some news. LOL
Don't get me that overly excited, Raven

I meant I was glad Hammond was mentioned in this thread lol.

I still can’t get over how TASM 2 botched the goblin design. Maybe it’s just the designer I am. But that final look was... a choice

I can't find it for the life of me. But there was a concept they had where he was even UGLIER. I'm just glad they at least tried to tone it down.

Hell the concepts for TASM3 were kinda like a wild drug trip.

-They were gonna have Sandman be Godzilla sized apparently
-Spider-Gwen and Black Cat would've finally seen the big screen
-Norman would've got turned into a more Ultimate Style Goblin.
-Venom and Carnage would've been teased or even actually appeared.

One plotpoint I read says the story would've followed Peter being recruited by a fake hero version of the Six only to realize later their actual plans. Personally I'm convinced whenever Sony see's the number 3 they just say

f0a150cb643ab8e32bb882ac26e7fa08.gif

Webb: But sir, we already have the Venom, Mysterio, The Lizard, Carnage, Sandman, Black Cat, Spider-Gwen, Mysterio, A Possible Avengers Tease, Rhino, 2 Goblins, Doctor Octopus, Vulture and The Spider-Slayers

Sony: Really? Holy ****, that's crazy, anyways

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I don't really get the claim that TASM2 was overcrowded. It had 2 villains, Harry and Max, and 3 other villain cameos, only one of who was in costume and one of who was not acting villainous at all.

That it wasted both Harry and Norman is a different criticism and one I agree with.

How is it that Flash Thompson is the only supporting character besides Aunt May to be in every iteration of all 3 movies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"