• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Spider-man/Punisher: Saving the Bad Guys

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
What up people!

This is my first fan fic in a while, ever since my Deadpool and Bullseye one, which people enjoyed alot. This latest one features Spider-man and Punisher finding their differences with each other while in battle against foes like Electro and Dr. Octopus. Its my longest fan fic to date, and I put alot of effort into it, so I hope you enjoy.

Spider-man/Punisher: Saving the Bad Guys

Prologue:

“No, I told you to swing between this building, not that one!” Peter Parker screamed as Spider-man was sent hurtling forward via another blast from Electro. “Now hit him! No I said hit him not—oh don’t land in the water! Oh dead again!” he threw the controller to the floor as he leapt off the couch in anger. Mary-Jane Parker poked her head round the corner of the door.

“You suck at your own video game?” she asked, failing to hide her laughter.

“No the video game sucks at being me.” Peter replied, massaging his head, recovering from the horrific beating he’d just taken. “What did we even need a Wii for? I told you it’d suck. Should’a got the Playstation 3 like I said.”

“But honey, us non-geeks like to just have fun playing games, not spend $599 on a pass time.”

“But its all about the HD quality! And the graphics!”

“Whatever you little nerd.” MJ brushed her lips on Peter’s cheek before disappearing again, Peter checking her out as she went.

“How’s that for quality?” suddenly, the apartment shook. Peter instinctively leapt onto the ceiling as peered out of the window cautiously. An explosion, and a big one at that. Webbing his games console off, he pulled his mask over his head, unbuttoning his shirt and jumping out of his trousers, now dressed for the part as The Amazing Spider-man.

“Honey, going out to save the world, if I’m not back in 10 minutes avenge my death.”

“Will do.”

And with that Peter plummeted from his window, shooting out a web line onto the nearest building, and pulling himself up into the morning breeze, failing to resist the urge to “YAHOO!” as he went.

“Electro! You have no idea how reassuring its gonna be to whoop your ass when I get back to my Wii.” Spider-man landed on all fours, crouched on a telephone both.

“You play with your Wii?” Max Dillon laughed, shooting out a vicious spark of electricity at Peter, forcing him to gracefully push himself back into the sky and flip back onto a wall.

“Oh grow up.” He replied.

“Seriously, you want a PS3.”

“Tell that to the wife.” Spider-man leaps down onto the path, continuing to cart wheel and summersault over to Electro, jabbing him in the stomach with his foot as he went. The shock of it sent Peter off balance and left him on the floor while Electro stumbled backwards. “You ever get tired of doing that? I mean hitting me but ending up getting more hurt.”

“Partially.” Spider-man snapped his wrist out and activated a web shooter, connecting to a car that he used to yank himself out of the way before another bolt fried him. “So uh, why are we actually fighting?”

“Because I was about to rob a bank until Mr. Law Enforcement Police Man Sir noticed me, Pulled his gun out, I melted it in turn, then blew up his car.”

“Genius! That’s what I’ve always loved about you Electro, you’ve always been so subtle. So subtle in fact, you match the Rhino in terms of subtleness.” Spider-man quipped, taking refuge behind a car to shield himself from a barrage of fire from Electro.

“Jesus, open up your vocabulary a little more. Variety is the spice of life.” Peter poked his head out from behind the car, to see the street completely empty of all things bar Electro.

“Woah? Where’d all the cars and shizzle go?”

“Well, speaking of variety, here’s a new trick I learnt, look up.” But Peter didn’t need to. His Spider-sense was already warning him about the 20 or so cars, along with mail boxes and phone booths, hovering above his head, about to fall on him. “The electricity was just a loud distraction. Clever, no?”

“Again: Genius.” It was hopeless. Peter leapt into the air, but there was simply too much above him. A car collided with his side as a mail box clipped him round the head. He hit the floor, a phone booth covering his back. He could feel himself starting to black out. He could feel the life fading from him. He was going to die.

Before he passed out, Peter saw Max turn round at the sound of a gun shot. His jaw dropped, and then he shot off, fast as he could.

Chapter 1:

Punisher, War Journal:

I’d been looking for Max Dillon a good long while. After that job he did for the Kingpin, leaving 5 fried corpses behind him, he moved straight to the top of my “Idiots to kill list.” Of course, morals got in the way today, perfect timing seeing as I’d finally found him.

Well to be fair, it didn’t take much. The damn fool made a whole show that was just begging for me to come over and pop him in the head. So I get there, and who should I find, but Spider-man prancing around like a little girl. Taking out Electro would take patience, and the one well placed bullet in the back of his head. Once that phone booth near crushed Spider-man’s back, I had no time for such a thing.

Regrettably, I fired a warning shot. Dillon reared his ugly head round and legged it at the sight of me. I should be proud I guess, sending big names like Max Dillon running like little girls.

I could have found him, I could have killed him, but that would have meant leaving Spider-man to die, and that was something I just couldn’t do. I threw him in the back of the van and double timed it to the Avenger’s Mansion. Could have gone to a hospital, but there’s too much risk of exposing his identity, something that would make him more of a target than he was sitting bleeding out under that booth.

The boffin’s there will have him healed up in no time I guess. I left him by the gate, then drew there attention by firing off a few rounds. I didn’t need the hassle those bunch of pansies were gonna give me. So now its back on Electro’s trail for me, but even he won’t be stupid enough to make it so easy to find him next time. Thanks a lot Spider-man, once again creating more trouble than you’re worth.

Frank Castle crept down the alley, ignoring the harsh cold of the Winter’s night. He kept his pistol in both hands as he approached the bar filled thugs and super villains. It was a simple info mission. Electro hadn’t been seen for 5 weeks now, after the incident with Spider-man, and that pissed Frank off royally. Weeks of preparation, gone in seconds because of that imbecile. But he’d gotten over it, no point staying bitter.

The cursing and laughter from the bar was particularly loud tonight, but then it was late on in the evening and a good percentage of those inside would be wasted. Frank Pressed himself by the side of the door. It’d be simple, blow the door, pull a grenade and hold it out in the palm of his hand until someone talked. One of the cowards usually did, Frank’s record was getting a talker in 5 seconds. That was a good night.

He raised his leg to the door and prepared his kick, interrupted by a familiar voice. “So there I was right, about to zap Spider-man, finally for the last time,” Frank slapped his hand against his forehead. Surely it wasn’t Dillon, surely he wasn’t that stupid. “a freakin’ bullet soars past my head, I look round, and who’s standing there, none other than the Punisher.”

“No way! You run?” Rhino. Great, that would make this even harder than it was going to be.

“What? No way did I! I zapped the ground next to him, and he ran like a girl! I turn back round to Spider-man, but he’d run too!”

“Both Spider-man and Punisher ran away from you? Wow Max, you’ve named quite a named for yourself.” But Max didn’t reply, his jaw dropped, and his eyes lit up.

“Actually,” Frank interrupted, tapping Rhino on the shoulder. “Electro here ran away from me, just thought you’d like to know before I did this.” Taking the grenade, The Punisher shoved it in Rhino’s mouth. A guy of that size and strength, it wouldn’t kill him. He may lose a tooth, but aside from being stunned, that would be it.

As the grenade went off, Frank tackled Electro to the ground. “Frickin’ moron Castle! Say hello to your family!” Max let loose an electric shock. Frank winced, but that was all.

“I do my research moron, rubber suit.” Other thugs had started to gather round Frank and Max, Punisher needed to get him somewhere where he wouldn’t be slowed down by these losers. He drew his pistol, and fired off in the direction of the door, mercilessly spraying bullets at the low life scum. Taking Electro by the neck, he made for the door.

It was going well, he was nearly out. But Rhino had shaped up faster than Frank had hoped for. He stepped in front of the door, blocking Frank’s way. “Let me through, or you’ll save me the job of killing you later.”

Rhino smiled. “And how you gonna do that Mr. Punisher?” Dozens of men seized Frank’s arms, making him drop Electro. Aiding his neck and catching breath, Max stood up.

“God damn psycho! I’ll serve your head up to the Kingpin for this!

“Let me go, and I won’t kill everyone in here.”

“You and what army?”

“No army, just him.” There was a brief second of confusion before a web line circled round Rhino’s neck.

“For the record,” Spider-man said, pulling back on the web, “I don’t intend on killing you guys, and The Punisher won’t either, we’ll just kick your butts for now.” Rhino stumbled back and straight into the wall. It shook violently, before crumbling down. Peter dived, shot a web, caught Frank and swung through a window on the other side of the bar as the wall covered Max and about half of the drunken idiots.

“Thanks, but speak for yourself on the killing side of things.” Frank pulled a gun to shoot an approaching drunk, but Peter covered the end in webbing.

“Nu-uh Mr, not on my watch or you’ll go to bed without any supper.” Frank scowled at Peter, who sprung into the air and barrelled into a group of guys, knocking them over.

“I’ll make this a one off, just cause you saved my butt.”

“Aw you’re the greatest!” Peter replied as the two turned their attention to Rhino. “Umm… tactics that don’t involve blowing his brains out?”

“Cover your eyes.”

“Okay but I don’t see how that’ll—“ Peter was cut short by a flash grenade emitting a blinding light. I he looked over his arm to see the Rhino stumbling around, blind as a bat.
“Oh I see, helpful.” Spider-man sent the heels of his feet into the Rhino’s nose as Frank began to start mixing up drinks.

“Frank, I know we’re good chums but I don’t think now is quite the time to get wasted.”

“Shut up and move out of the way.” Frank tossed a bottle at Rhino. On impact, the suit was set ablaze.

Rhino stopped in his tracks. “…hot! Burning! GAH!” he turned and started to run.

“Castle, if he suffers serious injury from that I’ll—“

“He’ll be fine, the fire’ll die out before it harms him. You need to stop taking such care over the guys you beat up every Friday night. You bring flowers and balloons when you go to visit them in hospital?”

“Cute?” Peter replied, keeping a suspicious eye over Castle as he made his way over to the pile of rubble where Electro was buried. “Uh, whatcha doin’ there sonny jim?”

“Fishing a job I should have done weeks ago if it wasn’t for your sorry ass.”

“So it was you that saved me.” Spider-man scratched his head, embarrassed. “Gee I dunno what to say except—OH MY GOD PUT THAT THING AWAY!” Peter reacted just in time to knock the M16 out of Frank’s hands before he shot an unconscious Electro in the head.

Frank lashed out in turn, Peter narrowly avoiding his fist. He grabbed Punisher’s arm and tripped him, placing a foot firmly on his chest. “Calm down there skippy, you know I’m not gonna let you shoot him. Because after all, I’m sane.” Frank grabbed Spider-man’s foot and twisted it, sending him face down onto the floor.

When he looked up, Electro had vanished. “God damnit!” in his rage, he slammed his fist into a wall so hard he drew blood. Turning his attention to Spider-man, he drew a knife and pointed it at him. “Go. Now. I swear to god I’ll cut your throat if you don’t.”

“See, I’m not down with that.”

“GO!” there was a brief second’s silence before Peter mustered the courage to speak up.

“No Castle, you go before I beat you down. Go because I can’t trust you alone with these guys unconscious. Go because you’re a nut case who god knows why I just bothered to save.” Frank seriously considered rushing him for a second, but managed to calm himself, and simply turn away, walking off.

“Next time you swing past, keep swinging.” Like nothing had happened, Frank calmly walked down the alley, leaving a terrified Peter Parker to clean up. “I hate it when he does that.”

Chapter 2:

Punisher, War Journal

The Spider-man problem’s escalated. Other cape wearers don’t intervene as much as him or Daredevil, but Matt’s not a problem if I’m outside of Hell’s Kitchen, Spider-man pops up so often now I’m tempted to find a crime he’s committed and kill him for it. Ever since the Electro incident, he’s been worried sick I’m going to kill hundreds, just to rub it in his face.

Sounds like a damn good idea.

Why is Spider-man constantly running round this city? Because he’s got about 50 zillion guys out there wanting his blood, and ready to hurt anyone just to get it. So when you think what one can do to get the creep off my back, the answer is simple, you kill the reason he’s out here.

So that’s it, all of Spider-man’s regulars, Rhino, Electro, Scorpion, big timers like Venom and Dr. Octopus, I’m gonna kill every one of them. Once they’re all dead, maybe then the little prat’ll be out of my hair. Plus I’ll still be doing my job. One sweet deal if you ask me.

“Word is Dr. Octopus is back in town by the way.” Peter said, spitting out his toothpaste into the sink.

“Really? He got anything special planned this time round?” Mary-Jane asked.

“Nothing I know of, but I’ve put all the MacDonald’s and Burger King’s on my patrol route tonight. If he’s around, bummer. If not, cheese burgers on the house!”

“I’m serious Peter, you watch yourself out there. That maniac’s going to get lucky one day I swear to god.”

“Yeah, and then we’ll have little baby Otto’s to worry about as well.”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Look I’ll be fine I promise. It’s the Punisher I’ve got to watch out for.”

“What?”

“Nothing.” Peter walked over and kissed his wife. “Now you have a fun day being hot.”

“You have a fun day being kicked around by evil geniuses.” And with that, Peter was gone, leaving Mary-Jane to look out of the window and he swung away, praying he’d come home.

Recent news of The Punisher’s latest “quest” was of no concern to Otto Octavius. He had bigger fish to fry than the gun tooting loony. Even as he calmly walked up the lamp post lit street, he knew, somewhere, Frank was watching. Personally, he hoped the fool would be stupid enough to fire a shot, and give away his position so he could put an end to the pathetic little charade. He was here for one thing: Spider-man, and not Frank Castle, or any thug with gun was going to prevent him from tearing the bug limb from limb.

He reared round the corner and approached the Modern Art Museum, it appeared an exhibition was on, perfect news for Otto. He decided to take a detour and step inside. Only instead of following the corridors lined with beautiful paintings and marvellous sculptures, he stepped round the door, and waited.

Sure enough, a minute later the costume clad, muscle bound figure of the Punisher stepped through the door, oblivious to the fact that Dr. Octopus, his target, was standing right behind him, letting off an evil grin as one, metallic, snake like arm reach up, and grabbed Castle by the neck.

Before anyone could react, the good Doctor’s 3 other arms sprung to life and charged back outside and then scaled up the building, carrying a Punisher that was calmly trying to shoot Ock in the back, each bullet effortlessly deflected. As they reached the roof, one arm snatched The Punisher’s pistol and snapped it in two like it had been a twig.

Octopus raised the Punisher high, and then brought him down on the roof, hard. “In all my life, I’ve never seen such a pathetic attempt at a fight. Goodbye Frank Castle, its such a shame the man didn’t live up to the legend.”

“Legends are usually bad news.” Frank replied, rolling over to avoid an arm tearing through his stomach. “You’ll find I’m no acception. Don’t suppose you noticed there was no one in the museum?”

“What is this ridiculousness? Of course there are, its open you fool.”

“Ah, but did you see anyone?” Ock pulled a confused expression. There honestly wasn’t a sole there to his recollection. “Infact, I only switched on the lighters from the power room seconds before you saw the Museum, woulda looked closed otherwise. Then I just jump out the back, rear round the front and go back in.”

“But why? Why go to all that effort just to be killed?”

“Simple.” Frank produced a trigger from his pocket. “Rig the building with enough C4 to blow you sky high, while no one else get’s hurt cause no one’s inside. Bye bye now.” Ock turned and leapt as Frank pushed the button, diving off the side of the building, seconds before it erupted. The force of the explosion carried him forward and slammed him into a tree, groaning in pain as he slumped to the ground.

He couldn’t help smiling however as he saw what remained of the building crumbling down. “Full of rubbish anyway.” He turned his attention to the ant like figure of Dr. Octopus, across the street, having taken refuge on the side of the building next to the museum, about to make his way towards the exhausted Punisher, when the all too familiar sounds of sirens starting ringing, followed by an even more familiar thwip!

As Spider-man set down next to Punisher, he failed to notice the Doctor disappear into the night. “My god Frank… why?”

“To kill the bad guys… why else?” Frank managed to mutter. Spider-man clenched his fist.

“You’re a real piece of work. Give me one reason why I’m not turning you into the cops.”

“Go ahead, make my day. Getting sent to prison round all the scum that were lucky enough to avoid me will be like Christmas. I’d soon sort the over flow problem out.” Peter considered just picking him up, and tossing him into the road, just ending it all. But he couldn’t. For some reason, he was reluctant to turn him in.

“God damn you…” he scowled, scooping up Frank and zipping away as the police arrived, probably in enough time to assume Spider-man swinging away from the scene meant he was guilty.

Peter set Frank down on top of a building. “You’re a lucky man Punisher, for some reason, I can see something in you, just a glimmer of hope, that tells me you shouldn’t be locked away. But you keep this up, and I’m not gonna swing in to save the day with my stupid conscience.”

“You should be the one to consider lucky, now you’ve got someone watching over your back.”

Peter gave out and exhausted sigh. “What? Just what do you mean by that?”

“I’m gonna… gonna kill every one of your little foes.” Pete rolled his eyes, resisting the urge to kick Frank.

“And why, pray tell, are you bestowing this favour upon me?”

“So… so you get off my case. So you’ve got no reason to be out doing this, cause no one’s out to get you.” Spider-man thought for a second, maybe even considered letting Punisher on his insane mission.

“Oh all the stupid… you think I’m out here to put away those that want me dead? Have you not heard me ever say “With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility”? I say it like all the time.”

“Might have mentioned it once or twice.”

“Frank, I’m out here… because I failed someone once, someone very close to me. And because of that, that someone died. I have to make it up to him, I have to show I’ve learnt that the power I’ve been given, also gives me the duties to protect this city, from people like Electro, and from nuts like you. You’re one of the reason’s I’m out here Frank, so give up your little job, cause it won’t get me off your case.” Peter turns to dive off of the building. “Oh and one more thing, why blow up a whole building to take down some thugs?”

“Cause as I can say with hind sight, it takes a lot more than a ton of explosives to take down Dr. Octopus.” Spider-man buried his hands in his face.

“So it all went to waste? You haven’t even done what you set out to do?”

“Nope. Will do soon though, I pissed him off quite a bit, I bet I’m in for it.”

“You stupid son of… you know what building we’re on top of Frank?”

“Nope.”

“The Daily Bugle. Have a nice time getting down whilst being drowned in news reporters, and if you’re lucky, J. Jonah Jameson’ll share some of his cigar smoke with you.” The Punisher looked less than amused as Peter effortlessly fell off the side off the building. The iconic sound of his web shooters activating a short while after.

Chapter 3:

“Its not that I support what he does, its just that now Dr. Octopus is on his back, I’ve gotta keep an extra eye out for him.” Peter looked across at his friend Matthew Murdock, in search of the answers he was looking for. Dressed as the man without fear, Daredevil, Matt sat and thought for a few seconds.

“The way I see it Pete, leave him be.”

“But Octopus will tear him apart the second I do.”

“You don’t know that. Frank’s a tough guy. Tough enough to survive one encounter with Octavius already. Besides, Punisher knows the risks, as much as you. Think of how he started out.” Spider-man couldn’t bear to even think about what had happened to Frank’s family, it made him wince. “Great power comes great responsibility right? Frank also shares the same responsibilities as us, and therefore, he’s not your responsibility.”

Peter pondered on that comment for a moment. Could he really turn a blind eye to Punisher’s vulnerability? Frank could more than look out for himself after all. Slowly, he raised back to his feet. “Well I gotta go, its late n the Mrs is cooking pie. Personally I’d rather eat my own web fluid but I need to score my brownie points. I’ll see ya around mate.”

“Take care of yourself Pete.” And with that, both heroes leapt off in their opposite directions.

It hurt Frank to see the front page of the Bugle that morning. The head line “Murderous Loon Attempts to Scare News Staff” had annoyed him all too much. Especially after what the web-headed idiot had made him go through. It took every bit of mental energy Frank had left not to melt Jameson’s eyeballs with his own cigar. Shouting at him, making ridiculous accusations. Punisher wasn’t one to get annoyed by this stuff too easily, but he could understand why Spider-man would.

Spider-man was just about the only other thing he thought of this morning, despite the danger of Doc Ock. He thought about him as he killed some muggers, he thought about it as he polished his AK-47. He thought about it right up until he the Scorpion dived out in front of his van. “Bingo.”

“Move out of the way ya freakin’ jackass!” the idiot screamed as he panicked, cops chasing after him. Frank calmly reached into the back and pulled out a PSG-1. Stepping out of the car, he took aim at the back of MacGargan’s head. Suddenly, hit gun was pushed out of his grasp. The police had actually turned their attention to Frank.

“Freeze!”

“You’ve got to be kiddin’ me.”

“Is it him?” one nervous cop asked the other.

“Yeah it’s the Punisher alright.”

“Meanwhile kids, the Scorpion is getting away.” And then, to Frank’s horror like the bully arriving in the playground, Spider-man swooped past, failing to notice Frank. Squinting to see, Punisher just made out Spider-man collide into the Scorpion’s head.

The battle hadn’t lasted too long, and Peter had gotten out with only one or two cuts. He considered himself very lucky. Then he looked down at MJ, lying in his arms and considered himself even luckier. He leant over and kissed her on the forehead, then turned his attention back to the news. “And strangely, our next biggest story is just down the street from where Spider-man defeated the Scorpion. The police in pursuit of the thief were interrupted by Frank Castle, also know as the Punisher.”

Peter snatched the remote and turned it up, drawing MJ’s suspicions. “Unsurprisingly, police failed to take him into custody, but he managed to leave these words with the news crew, seconds before he made his escape.” The camera switched back to the same street Peter had been on a few hours ago Frank had disarmed the police officers, who were lying on the ground, hands on their heads.

“Spider-man, I hope you’re watching this. From now on, you stay the hell away from me. If I see you again, I will kill you.” MJ sat up and layed her eyes on Peter, who gulped as his eyes remained glued to the screen.

“I think its time you told me what’s going on Peter.”

Punisher, War Journal

Hopefully, I got the message through to that little brat. He ruined everything today as usual with the Scorpion. I know what he’s doing. He thinks he needs to watch out for me because Doc Ock’s gonna creep up on me and snap my neck. Damn idiot obviously hasn’t been paying attention while fighting along side me.

When Octavious comes near me, I’ll be god damn ready. I tell you tha

Frank woke hours later. His head still ached from the hit round the head, and it took a few seconds for everything to come into focus. He soon realised the constant swirling sound was the ams of Dr. Otto Ocativus, circling round his like the snakes they were. “Mr. Castle, I’m afraid you’ve brought this upon yourself.”

“You hit me round the head while I was doing my journal? I thought you’d be more honourable Octavius.”

“The element of surprise is not one to be taken likely you fool. Especially with Spider-man’s accursed sixth sense.”

“I wouldn’t expect him to be coming if you’re serving me up as bait.”

“Ah yes, you’re little TV stunt. I saw that. Personally.”

“Personally?”

“I was watching from across the street you twit. I’d always been there, planning on intercepting MacGargan, until Spider-man showed up.”

“Let me guess, new Sinister Six?”

“With the Scorpion? Don’t insult me, I intended on kidnapping him.”

“Oh to make a Scorpion army? That’s much better.”

“Laugh all you want, but with the right kind of intelligence, anyone in the Scorpion suit could be a formidable opponent, even for me.”

“Yeah, but seeing as I outsmarted you the other night, I shouldn’t have anything to worry about.” At this, Octavius lost his rage. He sent and arm thrasing down onto Frank’s stomach, who was tied down to the wall.

“As I get before,” Ock spat, gritting his teeth, inches away from Frank’s face. “The element of surprise is one not to be taken likely.”

Proud at his achievement of working Octavius up, Frank continued. “So then, what’s the plan genius?”

“It has not changed, you will serve as bait for Spider-man to come to me.”

“But I told Spider-man to fu—“

“But you don’t know the bug as well as I. He will still come. You are in distress. He will come.”

“And this time you think you’ll beat Spider-man because…”

“Because my dear imbecile, my arms are now faster.” a which point, he whips one arm to the end of the room and back at light speed. “Stronger.” Another arm pokes a hole through the stone wall like nobodies business. “And easier to control than ever before.”

“So you’ve upgraded. Excellent. Maybe after I kill you, I can strap the arms on and use them myself. Would make the job a lot easier.” Octavius ignored the comment, instead ripping the section of wall Frank was attached to off.

“Now then, its time to leave. I believe Times Square will be a fitting place to grab some attention. Plenty more innocents too.”

“You’re a real piece of crap Ock.”

“Thank you.”

Chapter 4:

“Peter you’ve got to go.”

“Why MJ? He’s not my responsibility, he knows the risks of this game. He doesn’t even want my help I bet.”

“Then if he doesn’t need your help, go to protect Octavius, otherwise he’ll kill him.” The two continued to argue while the news stayed fixed on Ock in Times Square, holding The Punisher high like a trophy. Peter stopped and sighed.

“Sometimes… sometimes I hate this job I really do.” Mary-Jane stroked his arm.

“And that’s because you’re a good man, and you know you’ve got to do whatever it takes to makes sure neither of those idiots gets killed today. Go get em tiger.” Those words, it was like Peter had eaten his spinach. Of course he wasn’t Popeye, and didn’t need spinach to make his amazing abilities work. He pulled on his mask and sighed and sulky sigh one final time before spinning a web and swinging out into the frosty air.

“Spider-man you now have 3 minutes remaining before Mr. Castle here loses his life. Of course, after what he pulled the other night, I’ll kill him after you lose this battle anyway, but you can always try.” Octavius ignored the hopeless calls from the police mega phone, constantly scanning the sky.
“Okay, I’m early, do I get a door prize?” Spider-man leapt into Ock’s back, making him stumble forward. Peter twisted gracefully, for a perfect landing, but he never touched the floor. All of Doctor Octopus’ arms had seized one of Spider-man’s hands and legs. He hung loosely, hovering off the ground. “Well… that was certainly quicker than usual.”

“Evolve or die Spider-man.”

“Oh don’t mention that whatever you do, that brings back horrid memories.” The Doctor slammed Peter into the ground, then lifted him high, and did it again, and again, knocking the sense out of him.

After the fourth collision, Spider-man had his plan. He started firing web lines, as many as he could. Ock went to throw him again, only to find he wouldn’t budge. Ock let go of one arm, in an attempt to snap the web line. “I hate to repeat a joke over and over again.”

“No you don’t.”

“Anyway, here’s web in you eye!” Spider-man shot out a spray that collided with Ock’s glasses. Sending another arm to aid Ock’s face freed up one of Peter’s legs. With his free arm, he grabbed the arm holding his other leg and pulled himself down, hitting Ock round the face with his free leg. It sent Octavius off guard enough to drop Peter, who managed to land on his feet, adapting to a defensive position, fists raised.

Ock aided his bleeding nose while sending all 4 off his arms in to hit Spider-man. Peter, jumped, tapped the first arm with his feet to get an extra boost into the air, jerked his head to the right to avoid the next arm, while twisting his back to dodge the third. The final arm however smacked into his shoulder, sending him off balance and hitting the ground, his shoulder beginning to bleed. “Gah—could I lay here for just one minute? Please?”

Before Peter had even finished, his Spider-sense sprung into action. Ock was about to crush him underneath a car. Peter narrowly missed it as I vaulted himself into the air. “Alright maybe not, maybe just a breather for 10 seconds?” he may quip, but Spider-man was scarred. Ock had become more of a challenge than ever. He had to go on the offensive now to end it.

Spin a web, he swung round behind Octavius, and moved in for the kill. His fist, inches away from his head, the arms jerked him aside, rolling him to the floor. It was too difficult, he couldn’t beat him. “You’ve really been eating your greens haven’t you Otto? I told you it was a good idea to lay off the chocolate.”

Peter tried a direct assault next, webbing two arms together and bouncing off of them, only to be knocked back by the other two. “Gotta make some distance and make a plan.” He thought to himself, jumping back.

“That’s it Spider-man, run. Realise you do not stand a chance against the might of Dr. Octopus.”

“Oh all the cheesy rubbish is starting to kill me now.” Castle yelled from his wall. That’s when Spider-man realised what he had to do. He couldn’t win this battle without Frank. He had to free him, the only problem being Octopus stood in the way.

“Come on Frank, keep distracting him.” Peter began to swing as Punisher tossed more insults.

“I’ve heard better threats from the Spot.” Finally it became too much, as Ock reared his head round to Castle.

“Will you shut u—GUH!” Spider-man slammed his foot into the back of Dr. Octopus’s head, landing next to Frank.

“You know what you’re doing?” Punisher asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

“Easy Frank… easy… NOW!” as Ock lashed out, Spider-man drew a web and yanked Frank in the line of fire, shattering the wall that held him down. “See? Simple!”

“Next time, could you make sure he doesn’t hit me at all?” Frank whined, clutching his leg.

“Oh man up you big girl, you’re meant to be the big scary one round here.”

“Forgive me for feeling a little intimidated by the walking death machine over there.”

“Touché. Can you get a weapon?”

“Battle Van: Regroup, current position, Times Square.” Frank spoke into a device on his wrist. “Back ups on the way.”

“Snazzy.” Spider-man kicked Frank aside, narrowly missing one of Ock’s arms, but being slammed into a wall himself.

“You fools, now I have the pleasure of killing you both at once.”

“I had that pleasure once, its overrated believe me.” Peter quipped, swinging into the sky and preparing to land on Ock’s face. As he fought the barrage of arms on his way down, Frank took it upon himself to rush in and shoulder barge Octavius. The surprise of it allowed Peter to make an off-target landing on Ock’s shoulder; he managed to hit Ock on the back before being thrown off through a window.

With Peter gone, Frank was by himself for a brief few seconds. It was all Ock needed. He smiled as he unleashed hell on the Punisher, pummelling him with his arms. Frank took every hit without screaming in pain, no matter how much he wanted to. Only did it stop, when the triumphant sound of the battle van arrived at the scene, hitting Ock on the back and pushing him out of the way.

Ignoring the broken ribs and cuts, Frank dived for the van as Spider-man reappeared from the window. “Don’t kill him Frank, or I swear to god—“

“Kill me? Don’t insult me web slinger, that buffoon couldn’t lay a finger on m—“ an explosion on Ock’s back interrupted him. Spider-man looked over to Frank, how lowered his RPG to check out the damage.

“Punisher! I told you—“

“He’ll be fine. I hit him in the tinkles.”

“Ouch.” Spider-man heard a faint coughing from the dust, before his Spider-sense went crazy. “Frank, watch out!” but it was too late. An arm each grabbed Spider-man and Frank by their necks, and lifted them in front of a beaten Octavius, one of the other two arms broken.

“Now… it ends.” Frank began to cough and splutter as the grip round his neck tightened. Spider-man didn’t panic. Instead, he activated his web shooter, and grabbed one of Frank’s guns. He could do it now. He could kill Octavius and save their lives, save the trouble of ever fighting him again.

No… it just wasn’t how it was done. Instead, he catapulted the weapon into Ock’s face, praying it’d do something. Ock stumbled, but that was all. With his one free arm, Octavius seized the web shooter and pulled it off of Spider-man’s hand, his glove with it.

“These cursed devices have been the cause of so many of my troubles. Now, no more.” Before he could crush it, Frank reached out and snatched it. Spider-man shoot a web out at the other arm before Ock could take it back, while Frank put it on.

“Huh… so this-this is how you do it.”

“Frank…” Spider-man stuttered through lack of air. “Pull the middle fingers back… shoot round his legs.” Sure enough, boh Spider-man and Punisher fired their webs, attaching to one of Octavius’ legs each. “PULL!” both gave every bit of strength that had left, Ock collapsed and smashed his head on the ground, unconscious.

Spider-man and Punisher hit the ground, immediately gasping for air as they aided their necks. “Gotta say it.” Punisher spoke up.

“Don’t bother.”

“Thanks.” The two looked at each other, no longer seeing the hate and resent for one another. “Spider-sense!” Octavius vaulted himself into the air, ready to crush Spider-man. Frank jumped and knocked Peter out of the way, taking the pain of the arm hitting him instead. As Ock hit the ground, Peter kicked him as hard as he could, crying out in rage.

Octavius out for the count, Spider-man rushed to Frank’s side. His breathing was heavy. “Frank? Can you hear me? Stay with me Frank… just—oh god stay awake.”

Epilogue:

Spider-man, Friendly Neighbourhood Journal

Punisher’s injuries were too serious. The hospital could do nothing for him. But I wasn’t going to give up. He’d saved my neck back with Electro, and I couldn’t leave him to die. It hit the Avengers mansion, and just about everyone dropped their jaw to see who I was holding. I could tell some of them were reluctant to help Castle, but Captain America wouldn’t hear any of their rejects, and rushed him down to med as fast as he could.

So hear I am, sitting in silence outside the sick bay, praying to god he’s alright. He may not do things our way, he may be a bit out of it, but he is one of us, no matter what his methods are. He knows that with great power comes great responsibility, and that’s why I couldn’t leave him to die.

I hear Dr. Octopus was scooped up by the police. No doubt he’ll be out soon, and I’ll have to be ready for him, and just about anything else, but I know I’ll always have people… no friends like Frank Castle to watch out for me.

Captain America approached Spider-man, who sat with his head hung. “He’ll live. He’s gonna have to stay here for a few weeks, but there won’t be any long term damage. How you holding up Peter?”

“…I almost let him die Cap. Almost let Ock rip him in two.”

“Frank Castle is not a sane person Peter. His methods are not right, and he should be locked away. But, you did do the right thing.” Mask off, Peter met eye to eye with Captain America, standing tall like the icon, the legend that he was.

“You’re not gonna turn him in are you?” Cap smiled.

“3…2…1.” The alarm suddenly went off, Spider-man sprung to life, but Cap calmed him by placing his hand on his shoulder.

“Frank?”

“Let him go.”

“But you said he’d need a few weeks…”

“Don’t you know Frank Castle? He’ll be back on the job tonight, I guarantee it.”

Frank rubbed his eyes, fighting off sleep as he sat in the back of his van, waiting for his target to come up. The injuries hurt, a lot, but he’d be fine, and he certainly wasn’t going to lie in bed for two weeks, not with jackasses like Hawkeye probably sitting there half tempted to come in and finish the job.

There was a knock at the back of his van, Frank immediately snapped into action, drawing his AK. “I got a pizza delivery for Mr. Punisher, web toppings.” Punisher sighed as he opened the door to Spider-man, hanging upside down. “Come on, pay up, you know I made it here in under 30 minutes.” He threw a pipping hot pizza inside the van. “Figured you might be a little hungry.”

“You’re my regular pizza boy now?”

“Gotta make up for you saving my life again someway or another.”

“You didn’t need to come down and save me in the first place.”

“And leave you to die? Now that wouldn’t be very friendly neighbourhood would it?”

“I guess not.” Frank opened the box and stuck his tongue out. “Ugh.”

“What?”

“I hate anchovies.”

“You hate anchovies? Maybe I should have left you to die.” For the first time that Spider-man had ever seen, Frank Castle laughed. It may have been only a small one, but a laugh was a laugh.

“It’s the thought that counts.”

“You take care of yourself Frank.”

“You too, cause I swear to god if I have to save your neck one more time I’ll—“ Frank never finished his sentence, as Spider-man webbed his mouth shut.

“Hey, look on the bright side, now you don’t have to eat the pizza.”

Peter stroked Mary-Jane’s hair as he got into bed that night. “Good day honey?” MJ asked, surprising Peter who had assumed she was asleep.

“Yeah… not bad, not bad at all.”

“Punisher still alive?”

“Just.”

“Good boy, I knew you’d come through.” Peter Parker kissed his wife on the cheek, closed his eyes, and immediately feel asleep.

The webbing finally dissolved, Frank Castle rolled the body of a mugger over. He’d died laughing, but he’d died all the same. Frank smiled at Spider-man’s stunt. “Crazy son of a gun.” But there was no time to sit and laugh, as another scream called him back to action.

For The Punisher, the night was just beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"