Spider-Man Reboot?

I love how kids are complaining that the movie had too much Peter and not enough Spidey. Now, granted, I havent read the comics in a few years (since 2000ish), but I have to ask....have you all ever actually READ the comics?? For the most part, the story focuses on PETER....how HE the teen, and now the young adult, handles the duality of his life, and his feeling of obligation to the memory of his uncle.

Oh, and news flash, kids: except for various flashbacks and a few "What Ifs", Uncle Ben appeared in maybe a handful of frames in Amazing Fantasy 15....and then was killed by Carradine (Burglar). He's had very little real time in the comic, but has had a massive impact on the story.

All in all they've done a pretty damned good job making the story into film....except for one point: killing off Doc Oc. He's a Webhead mainstay. Goblin had to die early (as he did in the comics), but they should have kept Octavius around.

Well, I see your point...but there's a reason for that. Most kids today cant comprehend a sense of personal responsibility at all, let alone one to the memory of some dead uncle....so they decided to make T&A the motivation...something most American youth can understand.

Extremely well put man. All the people complaining about not enough action are most likely special effects obsessives, who can't appreciate Spidey's human side, which should be dominant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"