Comics Spider-Man: The Series... comics to look into...

Ultimate Jay said:
Are you the same guy who posted a script for something like this on the K-Site forums?

I'm actually working on a Spidey virtual series right now. Nothing that I plan to pitch to studio execs or anything, but something I hope turns out well.
Would you mind posting a clip of it? I'd like to read it.

Funny you mentioned Smallville... I had always wanted to catch it, but never could. I finally rented the first season this past week.

The similarities in Clark's and Peter's early struggles were obvious... in fact, I thought at first that the Spider-Man movies had ripped off Smallville, (of course some of the writers worked on both - and it shows) but then I remembered that the coming of age superhero story was Peter's FIRST. That was something Stan Lee pioneered, was it not? In Smallville, it's almost like they have made Clark into a type of Peter Parker...

Anyway, really enjoyed my Smallville marathon and plan to get the following seasons. Even though they seem to go over the top with eye-rolling "science" (EVERYTHING is caused by those metorites!) the drama was great... I think... actually... it's kinda hard to be objective when Clark (Tom Welling) is on screen... OMG, he's a work of art! ;)

Yep, I'm the guy over on kryptonsite.

Jason Lonello is actually a character from the comics, albiet he isn't probably that known of a character.

Sally Avril was part of a group of kids in Queens, New York, consisting of Liz Allan, Tiny McKeever, Seymour O'Reilly, Jason Ionello and Peter Parker who were friends since Elementary School. But by the time they arrived at Midtown High School, Peter had drifted apart and the clique was taken over by new student Flash Thompson.

Since Jason was the most unknown out of these characters, I decided to extract this character from the comics and have him still be friends with Peter. Still popular, but remains a loyal friend.

The following scene is the classic spider bite scene.... doesn't give away too much and gives a sense of the tone. Please note that this is NOT the final draft. But, the overall sense of the scene will most likely remain the same.

INT. SCIENCE HALL- RADIOLOGY EXHIBIT- AUDITORIUM

The room was filled with all sorts of science experiments, ranging from the practical to the bizarre and unordinary. Peter walks through the room, looking at the experiments- but his eyes were elsewhere, pointed towards the stage… all that could be seen were two large objects covered by a brown drape. Where as, Harry Osborn took a different approach to the exhibit; unlike Peter, he was here on business… a job that he would have loved to have gone without. Wearing the Oscorp badge he wanders around attempting to find out information from anyone he bumped into… Peter, mindlessly and in a dream like stance begins to walk towards the stage. While Harry Osborn, was walking towards the stage looking back towards the recent contact. Harry and Peter stumble into one another…

HARRY
Hey, watch where you’re going.

Peter kneels down and picks up his glasses.

PETER
S…s… sorry.

Harry raises his eyebrow, Peter was obviously not a worker- but, probably one of the biggest dorks here… if there was information, Peter was as readable as a dictionary.

HARRY
You work for Yuma Corp.?

PETER
I wish…

HARRY
So, you’re here… because?

PETER
You’re… agh… You know, I didn’t quite catch your name…

HARRY
Harry, Harry Osborn…

PETER
Of the New York Osborns!?

HARRY
Well, I’m not in Pittsburgh, am I?… So I take it you know about my father.

PETER
Do I! The man’s a hero…

HARRY
I wouldn’t go that far… actually I would say he’s the total opposite of a hero. Listen, from the looks things- you’re probably the most intelligent person here… perhaps you could fill me in a little.

PETER
The son of Norman Osborn needs my help?
(still flustered about the situation)

HARRY
Yeah, I guess genius skips a generation. You really need to help me because, if I mess this up my father will probably throw me into boot camp or something.

PETER
Ah, come on- he can’t be that bad.

Harry laughs

HARRY
No he’s actually worse…

The lights in the auditorium begin to dim.

PETER
Well, Miles Yuma started the corporation in… agh… 1983… radiology is one of it’s primary business practices and… he went to Yale University for three years, then transferred to Harvard, then…

HARRY
I get the point… what about that thing?

Harry motions up towards the stage.

PETER
To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea.

HARRY
What’s your name?

PETER
Peter, Peter Parker.

HARRY
You might be of help to me yet… he isn’t going to talk strange is he?

PETER
Talk… talk strange?

HARRY
Yeah, you know all of that scientist mumbo jumbo…

PETER
Huh?

HARRY
Never mind just, stay, in case I need a translator.

PETER
Ok…?

HARRY
I’ll make it worth your wait… by the looks of it, you’ve probably haven’t even got a number before- see her over there, the red head…

Peter looks to his right and can see who Harry was pointing out.

HARRY
You help me survive through this whole ordeal… I’ll personally guarantee that you’ll leave here tonight with her phone number… do we have a deal?

PETER
I agh… I… yeah- sure… deal.

HARRY
Good.

MILES YUMA, 60 years old, short, big oval glasses, regular white lab coat with parting bald black hair and a scientist mustache steps out onto the stage.

MILES
Welcome… wow, I actually expected no people to come at all.

Everyone including Peter laughs at this obviously dull joke, what was the big deal? Why do they laugh like Carvey just gave another Bush impersonation? These were the thoughts clouding over Harry’s brain when Miles walks over towards the brown drapes and rips them off. Revealing two high powered beams, sort of like mini satellites with red power fuses on the outside… next to the one on the right was a fan… connected to the satellite piece by a single cord.

MILES
These create a highly absorbent contrast material, useful in radiographs. This means X-rays, fluoroscopy, angiography and barium contrast studies can all be more precise and detailed. In the future, procedures facilitated by these materials may replace ultrasounds, reducing the potential for medical harm caused by human error.

A song begins to play SR-71’s TOMORROW, Harry answers his cell phone…

HARRY
Excuse me for a second… oh hey, what’s up… no it’s a good time… really?… finally, so the Globe Trotters actually won?… That’s great… what?

Everyone was looking towards him, on verge of unleashing their anger. Peter taps Harry on his shoulder clearing his throat…

HARRY
Hmm?… Oh, I’ll call you back ok…

Harry hangs up the phone…

HARRY
Sorry about that, you may continue with your little experiment… it’s going great… keep up the good work.

Harry stops talking and Peter whispers into his ear.

PETER
Are you intentionally trying to get yourself kicked out of here?

Miles clears his throat…

PETER
Oh… sorry… my fault… I… agh… I’ll be quiet.

MILES
Good, will everyone now please dismiss these two’s obnoxious scene of teenage anxiety.

Peter frowns and Harry just grins shaking his head no… teenage anxiety, you’re to talk with your midlife crises… but Peter pinches Harry’s arm before he had time to lash out his counter attack.

MILES
Now, with a touch of a button… I will transmit the radiation beam, down over to that generator over there… thus generating enough power to heat up the electricity source to make the fan turn. Shall we begin?

Miles presses down on a remote control and the radioactive generator begins to whirl… above was another anxious onlooker, someone curious and lusting for the red glow… it begins to crawl down slowly, web zipping down, making it’s way slowly, slowly towards the red beam of radioactive material. And then it drops and gets caught in the beam, the fan begins power up… the afraid spider hurls itself away and grasps onto Peter’s arm…

PETER
Aghh!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter drops to the ground, beginning to fade out into a seizure… Harry kneels down looking over Peter

HARRY
What the hell?

Everyone looks on in amazement…

MILES
Well, this is why I don’t give public speeches and demonstrations- lack of respect, good night gentlemen…

Miles storms out of the room… and everyone begins arguing…

HARRY
Great my father is really going to kill me now…

Harry equips his phone and dials 911

HARRY
It’s ok, hang in there…

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM- DREAM

Peter was lying on a hospital bed, he sits up squinting his eyes, he could see perfectly- without his glasses. That’s weird. He looks around the eerily empty room.

PETER
Where am I?

He looks towards the door to see a green like swampy fluid flowing towards him. He lowers his feet to the floor, the green substance slowly transforming into webbing… grasping onto his feet as he stands up and attempts to move. After several attempts, he rips free. And then, he can hear it… quiet at first, but gradually louder and louder. Small feet running through the vents above… it stops.

ANNOUNCER
Dr. Grant to room 2W5, Dr. Grant to room 2W5.

Peter looks to the room vent on the wall corner to his left and spiders begin to shoot out towards him.

JUMP CUT:

Peter wakes up, startled, in the room with him was Aunt May, Uncle Ben and a doctor standing under the shadows, face hidden. But, then he steps forward- one foot, two foot. As he walked into the light he says…

MAN
Mr. Parker, glad you could join us.

The man was Norman Osborn!

PETER
Mr. Osborn?

Ben and May begin to disappear as…

JUMP CUT:

EXT. BROOKLYN BRIDGE- AFTERNOON- DREAM

Peter and Norman were standing above the Brooklyn bridge, below the water currents were crashing and above the wind was flying. Peter looks down and nearly falls…

PETER
It’s just a dream…
(looks back up to see NORMAN)
A nightmare…

NORMAN
Do not be afraid to admit it. You are afraid- you are afraid of heights. Look!

Peter hesitates

NORMAN (CONT’D)
Look again!!!!

Peter looks down over the bridge, water crashing, wind flying… he was terrified.

NORMAN
Sooner or later you will have to face it, conquer it

Norman takes a step towards Peter

NORMAN
Kill it!!!

Norman places his hand on Peter’s shoulder

NORMAN
Join me… son

Peter looks into Norman’s eyes, fear showing through.

NORMAN (CONT’D)
Together we can have it all, anything you ever wanted. Ask and it is yours-

Peter looks away… There is only one thing that I want.

NORMAN (CONT’D)
What about Gwen Stacy?

Peter looks back towards him, opening himself up, displaying his weakness, his true weakness.

NORMAN (CONT’D)
The girl of your dreams, the one person you love- more than anything, more than anyone… the one person who could destroy you. Ask and she is yours.

Peter shakes his head “no,” attempting to block his own mind from taking charge… his heart from taking charge.

PETER
This… is just a dream

NORMAN
Quite the contrary; this, Mr. Parker is your life. Your new life. You’ve changed… what was once unattainable has now been reduced to something beneath the sky, beneath you…… Far beneath you… you were meant for greater things, better things.

PETER
But- this is a dream. I wake up, you’re no longer real.

NORMAN
The weird part about a dream is that sometimes you can never wake up… sometimes it is hard differentiating fact from fiction.

PETER
What are you saying?

NORMAN
Don’t be afraid Peter, you have no reason to be afraid… not anymore… you’re free, free to be yourself… it is your time now son, it is your time for the hunt, hunt the hunters… live!

Norman begins to slowly walk towards the edge of the bridge; looking down towards the water below… he looks back. Bones were now protruding from his flesh, eyes lit on fire and a grin that stood for everything evil and corrupt in the world. But, Peter didn’t care, he respected this man.

NORMAN
Anything you ever wanted is now yours; ask and you will receive.

Norman looks back towards the water.

NORMAN (CONT’D)
Ask.

Norman dives off and into the icy depths below. Peter runs towards the edge and looks down. But, instead he didn’t see Norman- he saw something else- something he would never forget, something that he would stand for… looking up towards him, from the ripples of the water below… Spider-Man.

INT. HOSPITAL LOBBY

Harry stands outside of the room look in, when Ben and May approach him. Harry looks towards them, nodding to welcome them and extending his hand.

HARRY
Harry, Harry Osborn…?

Ben frowns, father- like son…
BEN
I know who you are.

HARRY
I’m the one who called for the ambulance, the bill is already paid.

But, Ben just frowned… each second Harry began to feel more and more uncomfortable.

HARRY
Well, this is one of those unsettling silences I wasn’t expecting. If there’s anything else I can do…

Ben looks towards Harry, who is this kid trying to impress, he snorts out an insult instead of offering back the same generosity.

BEN
I don’t need your money.

Harry looks towards Ben in confusion, but you don’t have any!!!

HARRY
I (!!!)
(takes a deep breath)
Ok…

Harry walks away and May looks towards Ben

BEN
I don’t trust him.

MAY
He’s not his father, Ben.

BEN
He might be.

MAY
He only was trying to help.

BEN
That’s what my brother thought, look what happened to him.

Ben glances in towards Peter on the hospital bed… his heart was breaking, slowly, but still painfully. May presses her hand against Ben’s.

MAY
He will be ok…

Ben shakes his head ok.

IN. OSBORN MANSION- MEETING ROOM

Harry looks up towards his father.

HARRY
I couldn’t get any information dad… I’m sorry.

NORMAN
You’re sorry?… but, yet I expected as much from you.

HARRY
It wasn’t my fault, something came up.

NORMAN
Something always comes up, doesn’t it Harry?

HARRY
I put up with your little mind games enough dad.

NORMAN
Mind games? What are you talking about?

HARRY
I'm talking about why you hate me so much.

NORMAN
I don't hate you.

HARRY
You sure do a good job pretending it!

NORMAN
You want to know the truth? You think you're ready for it? I fear the day the company I built
with my own hands passes officially into yours. You haven't shown an iota of the responsibility or intelligence it takes to run a lemonade stand, let alone a multinational corporation. You're lazy and stagnant. You've never hunted for anything in your life. But I blame myself.

I had the exact same idea a couple of months ago, but never got around to writing anything for it. So props to you! I really hope this gets rolling eventually, it would make for an incredible TV show, if done correctly. And just a suggestion for a storyline, the arc from around issue 31 or so. Where the "Master Planner"'s crew are robbing science equipment, and Aunt May gets radiation poisoning from a previous blood transfution with Peter, and she needs a certain chemical, but the "Master Planner" steals it and Pete fights his way to him, to find out that it's Doctor Octopus. I loved that storyline. Also, the few issues where Ock does something to make Pete lose his memory, and Pete's Aunt and friends are worried sick while he's gone for days, not knowing who he is other than Spider-Man.

I really like where you're going with looking at the smaller, lesser villians and storylines. The Big Man story was great, as was the character of Frederic Foswell, and his ultimate redemption. I thought that was a sad issue!

And (I know I'm rambling, but I'm on a roll!), the issue where Flash has a meeting for his Spider-Man Fan Club, and Pete goes, but the Green Goblin shows up, and Spidey fights him, with the Human Torch, but then Pete hears someone on a nearby telephone say that he'll tell Pete that his Aunt has had a heart attack, so Pete runs out and everyone thinks that Spidey is a coward. And the whole next issue was him running from fights because he didn't want to waste time while Aunt May was sick. Stuff like that I loved.

If you can get this rolling, then you are a god among men. Or at least among Spider-Man fans. This could really re-energize the whole franchise, in a way that not even the movies did. Go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"