Spiderman 3 Fanedit (Kinko Cut)

kinko

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey all,
A while back I did my very own fan edit of Spiderman 3, just for fun.
The direction i wanted to take was to cut, cut, cut.
As I'm sure you will agree the theatrical release suffered from an over egging not only of plot but characters. I wanted to streamline the film to it's core elements, which to my mind were the relationships between Peter, Mary Jane and Harry. This has been the story of the trilogy and a satisfying conclusion to this (love) triangle was what I wanted to achieve. The main theme of revenge remains but with one central revenge story, as opposed to 3 or 4!!
Below is a detailed synopsis of what I've put together, I would love to get some feedback from the people here.
Many thanks!

1. Opening credits
2. (Ext. Day) Spiderman Swings through New York on big screen, zoom out to Peter and the kids on the street. As Peters narration brings us up to speed.
3. Positive headlines on news stand
4. Moped to college.
5. (Int. College) Hi-jinks in the classroom/We meet Gwen Stacy
6. (Ext. Street) Peter covets engagement ring outside pawnshop.
7. (Night) Peter arrives at box office to see MJ perform at Manhattan Memories
8. (Int. Theatre) Peter takes his seat just before 2 larger gentlemen join him at either side
9. Curtains open, MJ begins to perform with Peter proudly mouthing the lyrics
10. Shot of Harry on Balcony more interested in Peter than the performance.
11. (Ext.) Peter catches up with Harry as crowd let out. Harry is cold and still blames Peter for his father’s death.
12. (Int. Dressing Room) Peter congratulates a giddy MJ. She inquires about Harry and Peters Falling out. Peter also explains that the acoustics were to blame for the quiet applause.
13. (Ext. Night) Peter and MJ are in the park unwinding on a large web. They watch shooting stars. Peter confirms his love for her.
14. An “asteroid” crashes close to where the couple are embracing.
15. From the crater a living black ooze emerges.
16. As Peter and MJ leave the park on his moped the black substance attaches itself to the rear of the bike and leaves with the happy couple.
17. (Int. Police station) A detective tells Captain Stacy that Flint Marko (the man they had connected to the Ben Parker murder) as escaped from prison and police are in hot pursuit
18. (Ext. Night) Police chase Marko into a particle physics test facility
19. Marko falls into a concrete pit as a machine begins to power up above him. He is scared and confused.
20. Although the test scientists are alerted to something arriving in the test area, they dismiss it as a bird and proceed with the experiment.
21. The machine spins around Marko at an incredible speed. Escape is impossible.
22. We see a change, at the atomic level, in Marko’s constitution as the experiment begins to crystallize his being.
23. Marko screams as the machine rips him apart, sand particle by sand particle, until he has vanished
24. (Int. Peters Apartment) Peter handles a restaurant reservation and the engagement ring only to be interrupted by MJ at the door. He hurriedly hides the items and answers to an upset MJ.
25. She enters brandishing bad reviews of her performance the previous night.
26. Peter dismisses the reviews and tries to encourage MJ with examples from his life as Spiderman, but it is clear the bad reviews have confirmed her fears. She doesn’t appreciate Peters chipper dismissal.
27. As MJ opens up about how the criticism feels the same as when her father would do the same, she is interrupted by a police band radio
28. Peter apologies but he must leave, now suited up in the Spiderman costume he leaps out of the window leaving MJ alone and sad.
29. As she leaves she does not notice the black ooze is now creeping around Peter’s apartment.
30. (Ext. Day. Downtown) Police arrive in numbers as a construction crane, mounted atop a building, is out of control. It swings a heavy girder wildly.
31. (Int. High rise Office) Gwen poses for a fashion shoot.
32. The girder crashes through the office Gwen is modelling in. Debris flies everywhere.
33. Captain Stacy arrives at the scene and directs an officer to kill the power.
34. At the ruined office Gwen steadies herself as the girder smashes through the building again.
35. Eddie Brock arrives and begins to take photos beside Captain Stacy. Eddie sees that it Gwen (the Captain’s daughter) in trouble. Captain Stacy is alarmed. Eddie introduces himself as the man currently dating Gwen
35. Unable to hang on any longer Gwen falls off the edge of the building to what seems her certain doom.
36. In the nick of time Spiderman arrives and catches Gwen, landing her safely on terra firma
37. Gwen is dazzled by Spiderman, and then runs to her father.
38. Eddie runs toward Spiderman and introduces himself as the new guy at the Bugle.
39. Spiderman swings away.
40. (Ext. Day. Test Site) Tiny grains of sand begin to move with life. They gather into waves and cascade into one and other.
41. They grow more and more into a figure.
42. Invigorated by a picture in a locket the figure of Marko reconstitutes itself and strides out of the test area. Sandman is born.
43. (Int. J. Jonah Jameson’s Bugle Office) JJ is receiving a rather uninspired presentation of ideas to increase sales. Attention is drawn to his blood pressure problem.
44. Eddie steals his way into JJ’s office with pictures of the crane incident.
45. Peter arrives with his own shots.
46. JJ takes Eddies shots and the two rivals are told a staff job awaits the man who brings JJ photos of Spiderman being corrupt.
47. (Ext. Day. Times Square) Peter reads that the city are to reward Spiderman for his heroics. He meets Stan Lee.
48. MJ arrives to rehearsal only to find that she has been replaced.
49. She leaves to be greeted with applause, but this applause are for Spiderman who swings by. She leaves upset.
50. (Ext. Day. Park) Peter enjoys the fanfare of the Spiderman ceremony.
51. Eddie and Gwen are also in attendance. Through a conversation we learn that their relationship is much less then Eddie perceives.
52. MJ Arrives and greets Peter with a brave face.
53. (Ext. Day Street) Without emotion Sandman walks down the street.
54. Spotted by two police officers he hides in a dump truck containing sand.
55. As one police officer investigates the load he is hurled into the air by sand.
56. The now giant Sandman resists arrest and escapes as a sand storm
57. Harry arrives at the ceremony and is greeted by MJ. She thanks him for the flowers and he says he’ll be in attendance again tonight. She confides in him that she as been fired. Harry cheers her up by telling her he once wrote her a play in high school.
58. At the podium Gwen introduces Spiderman to cheers and fanfare. He shows off and the behest of the crowd encourages Gwen to kiss him.
59. MJ is not amused upon seeing this kiss and begins to leave. Harry catches up with her and all in attendance see a huge sand cloud pass by.
60. (Ext. Day. Outside Bank) Two security guards load bags into an armoured van.
61. The sand cloud chases the van and Sandman forms on its roof. He smashes through the top of the van and attacks the security guards. The van races out of control. Spiderman is in hot pursuit.
62. A cocky Spiderman enters the van and the two begin to fight.
63. Sandman manages to make his escape as Spiderman rescues to the two trapped security guards.
64. On a rooftop a sand covered Spiderman wonders, “Where all these guys come from?”
65. (Int. Night. Restaurant) Peter arrives for the dinner reservation with the ring in his pocket.
66. On her way to the restaurant MJ is infuriated by a newspaper reporting the Spiderman/ Gwen kiss
66. Peter explains his proposal plan to the “French” maitre d. The maitre d agrees to help.
67. Seated at the table Peter begins to rehearse his marriage proposal
68. A depressed MJ arrives. The two converse and it is clear Spiderman’s fame is going to Peters head. This dos nothing to cheers MJ up.
69. MJ’s mood is further darkened when Gwen arrives and is introduced as Peters lab partner, a fact Peter had neglected to tell MJ. She also brings up her kiss with Spiderman.
70. Gwen leaves. MJ is angry and jealous. Peter tries to calm MJ but she storms out of the restaurant leaving Peter to sadly fish out the engagement ring from the bottom of a champagne glass.
71. (Ext. New York skyline)
72. (Int. Peters apartment block) Peter is on the payphone leaving another heart felt message on MJ’s machine. It is revealed that MJ is in fact at home listening to his call. After deliberation she picks up the receiver too late as Peter has just hung up.
73. As Peter walks away from the phone it rings, he answers. It is a detective from the police station, he asks Peter to visit the station.
74. (Int. Police Station) Captain Stacy tells Peter and Aunt May that Uncle Bens real killer is Flint Marko and that he is still at large.
75. Peter recognises Marko’s mug shot and imagines his uncle’s death at the hands of a callous Marko. Peter is enraged and upset.
76. (Int. Peters apartment) As Peter listens to the police band radio intently MJ knocks at his door.
77. Although MJ doesn’t want to discuss their relationship she is concerned for Peter and concerned about what he may do. She refers to the accidental death of Uncle Ben’s original killer.
78. Peter rebuffs MJ’s warmth telling her he doesn’t need her help.
80. Defeated, MJ leaves Peter to his police band.
81. Peter changes into his costume and spends the rest of the evening hooked to the radio.
82. Later Peter is sleeping and having disturbing nightmares regarding his uncles death. As this is happening the black substance begins to bond with Peter.
83. Peter gasps as he is completely enveloped by the black substance
84. (Ext. Night) Peter wakes to find himself hanging upside down now clad in a black version of his suit. He feels powerful and takes off to indulge in his new and exciting self.
85. (Int Dr. Connors Lecture theatre) Dr. Connors is examining a sample of the black substance Peter has brought him.
86. Connors warns Peter that the substance is a symbiote and may be hard to unbind from a host.
87. (Ext.) We see MJ leaving a club where she has just taken a singing waitress job
88. MJ walks on the crowded footpath along with many other ordinary New Yorkers.
89. She slumps onto a park bench with mobile phone in hand. About to call Peter she instead contacts Harry and asks if she can call over. He is more than happy to have her visit.
90. (Int. evening) A worn out MJ is greeted by Harry.
91. In the kitchen they prepare food together and MJ finds herself having fun
92. Later Harry and MJ are reading through his High School play.
93. After some flirting MJ and Harry kiss.
94. (Int. Night MJ’s apartment) MJ arrives home to Peter leaving an apologetic message on her phone. MJ looks guilty.
95. (Int. Day. Peters Apartment Block) Ursula informs Peter that MJ has returned his call. Peter takes the call; an unaffectionate MJ asks to meet him in the park.
96. (Ext. Day. Central Park) Peter meets MJ on the bridge. He is complementary and has flowers for her.
97. MJ is stressed. She tells Peter that their relationship is over and that she has fallen in love with someone else.
98. Peter is devastated. MJ leaves him on the bridge alone.
99. (Int. Day. Coffee shop) Peter is meeting with Harry telling him of the situation with MJ.
100. Harry admits that he is MJ’s new love.
101. In disbelief Peter leaves the café.
102. (Int. Peters apartment) Later that evening Peter returns home to hear of Sandman’s latest crime over the Police band.
103. Hesitating over his standard costume Peter instead chooses the more powerful Black suit.
104. The black suited Spiderman arrives at the scene of Sandman’s bank robbery. Before he can pursue Sandman underground, Eddie arrives in a taxi hoping to scoop “Parker”. He paps Spiderman only to have his camera smashed by the departing Spiderman.
105. (Int. Night. Subway system) Sandman carries his loot as Spiderman follows in the shadows.
106. Spiderman confronts Sandman about Uncle bens killing.
107. Enraged, Spiderman attacks Sandman and the two brawl in the subway system.
108. Spiderman gains the upper hand as Sandman is weakened after falling into water.
109. Seeing this weakness Spiderman breaks open a sewer pipe flooding the entire area and destroying Sandman.
110. (Ext. Day. Street) Wearing the black suit under his clothing a confident and brash Peter strolls down the street making eyes at various women.
112. Approaching a news stand Peter notices today’s Bugle has a photo by Eddie Brock showing Black Suit Spidey as the back robber.
113. Aggrieved Peter vows revenge.
114. (Int. Bugle offices) Eddie is the toast of the office as he starts his new full time position.
115. Peter confronts Eddie first with evidence of his forgery then with violence. Eddie pleads with Peter but Peter exposes him to the office.
116. JJ is furious and fires Eddie.
117. A retraction is printed and Peter is on top of the world.
118. A montage shows Peter ignoring a phone call from Dr. Connors warning of the symbiots ability to amplify emotion. He flirts with Ursula. He flirts with JJ’s secretary. He demands a staff job from JJ. Peter struts down the street full of confidence, women though find him repulsive. He dances as he leaves a clothes shop dressed in a new sharp outfit.
119. (Ext. Night. Outside MJ’s jazz club) Peter and Gwen arrive to the bar MJ now works at.
120. They pass Eddie who sees Peter has now stolen his “girlfriend”
121. (Int. Bar) Peter sleazily asks for a good table from the host.
122. Seated at the table Gwen notices MJ and asks Peter if he would rather leave. Peter however would like to stay.
123. MJ is called to the stage and starts to perform.
124. Before she has a chance to sing Peter has stolen the limelight, raunchily dancing with Gwen. It is clear Peter is provoking MJ
125. Gwen realises she is being used and apologies to MJ before leaving.
126. Peter is asked to leave after confronting MJ. In the scuffle with the bouncers that follows he hits MJ to the ground.
127. In a moment of clarity he realises he is out of control.
128. (Int. Peters Apartment) Peter arrives home on edge. Looking in the mirror he peers down at the black suit and, frightened, he undresses and returns the black suit to its case.
129. After taking a shower Peter sits on the floor completely spent.
130. (Ext. Night. Street) MJ hails a cab
131. Back at Peter’s apartment he is visited by Aunt May. She inquires if Peter ever asked MJ to marry him. Peter confesses that he has hurt MJ and is not worthy of marrying her. Aunt May encourages Peter saying she believes he is a good person and that he can put things right.
132. (Int. Harry’s Apartment) Sad, MJ Arrives in the elevator.
133. Harry is in another room drinking.
134. As thunder claps Harry looks in the mirror and sees a vision of his father.
135. Harry looks more devious. The Green Goblins voice is heard over b/w flashbacks
(i)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Peter leaving the coffee shop after talking to Harry. GG: “Make him suffer”. Harry revealed as turning around and grinning at the departing Peter.
(ii)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]MJ leaving Peter on the bridge. GG: “Make him wish he were dead”. Harry revealed to be watching from the sidelines.
(iii)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Harry leaving the gas chamber after taking the same substance his father did. Harry at the theatre during MJ’s broadway performance looking down at Peter from the balcony. GG: “First we attack his heart!”
136. A frightened MJ runs from Harry. She has witnessed his plan and realised she has just been a pawn in Harry’s plan for revenge. Harry tries to convince her to stop but realises MJ has seen too much and his plan is exposed.
137. (Int. MJ’s apartment) MJ returns home to a ringing phone. Guessing it is Peter she hurries to answer but before she can do so she is grabbed and pinned to the wall by Harry. MJ is frightened.
138. (Ext. Night. Street) Having not had his call answered Peter makes his way to MJ’s apartment on his moped motivated my Aunt May’s kind words.
139. From out of nowhere Harry, on a glider, attacks Peter and the two begin to battle in the air.
140. At one point Peter believes he has lost the ring, a symbol of his will to make things right with MJ. He however manages to hold onto it.
141. After a brutal battle Peter cross wires Harry and sees him fatally bang his head and fall lifelessly to the ground.
142. Peter desperately tries to resuscitate him. Peter carries Harry to the hospital where emergency staff are heard not being able to revive Harry.
143. (Ext. Day. Cemetery) A small crowd gather for Harry’s funeral. MJ lays a flower on his coffin seeming to have forgiven him. Peter however is in a stunned state having been responsible for his best friends death. He stands alone at the burial site.
144. (Int. Day. Peters Apartment) Peter sits on the bed, his eyes full of tears. His voice over: “Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. My friend Harry taught me that. It’s the choices that make us who we are and we can always choose to do what’s right.” Peter, broken hearted, turns and looks to the suitcase the black suit is stored in.
145. (Ext. Night. Cathedral) Peter dressed in the Black suits pirches like a gargoyle on a steeple. He enters the bell tower.
146. (Int. Cathedral) Eddie Brock enters and begins to pray to God asking Him to kill Peter Parker.
147. In the Bell tower we see Peter struggle to remove the Suit.
148. Eddies hears the commotion and sees that it is Peter ripping the suit from his body.
149. Some fragments of the black suit land on Eddie and begin to cover him. He is at first frightened then ecstatic that the suit has chosen him.
150. He transforms into Venom, as Peter becomes free.
151. (Int. Day. Jazz Bar) MJ performs a sad song. Peter enters and full of sadness asks if MJ will dance with him. MJ accepts and the two embrace and dance slowly together.
152. End Credits

I do personal fanedits too....and from the sites I go to to read and discuss them...it seems that it is easier to explain your work to others by listing what you have removed or moved than listing everything that is left in. It just makes it easier for someone to see what you have done.

I would have to watch the movie again to see if you have rearranged anything through most of it. Your idea of ending the movie as a cliffhanger is a new one for edits of S3 that I have read...so props to you for originallity on that score.

Do you plan on doing a follow up version with the teamup of Sandman and Venom?

Hey, thanks for taking the time to have a read though my plot.
I decided to describe what I had left in as opposed to what I had removed as I couldn't remember all the edits!! and there is quite a bit of re-gigging ie. Moving the Peter vs Harry fight to the end, and the whole long con he plays on Mary Jane.
I'd love to do a follow up using the elements I've removed, god knows there's about 4 different films going on in there.
I have killed Sandman off in this edit but it would be cool to do a sequel starting with his re-emergence from the sewer and then Venom playing a bigger role.

There are a couple of versions of this I want to try later...one is removing all reference to Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer (that was the worst thing about it to me). But like I said, I have to rewatch the movie sometime soon because it's been a while since I saw it.

Fanediting is fun. Nothing plot wise is wrong (since it's your own personal vision)...and your imagination and creativity get exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"