Superman Returns SPOILER::Pics. of what happens to Lex Luthor at the films end...I think it sucks

charl_huntress said:
I think...uhhh...4NutzinYoface (great name btw) just wanted to see him off'd, similar to what they did in the first Burton Batman movie. Regardless of what you may think of that film...upon further review. It worked having Joker fall to his death.

Me personally, I like the fact that Luthor lived, and as some have said him getting stranded on his own personal island is a fitting sense of irony.

exactly... and how often do you see that in any action movie? i can't think of any off of the top of my head.

i know on paper it has that kind of 'wa-wa-waaaaa' feeling to it, if you know what i mean, but we'll see how spacey any posey play it off. haven't heard any negative reviews yet, so i think that's a good sign.

charl_huntress said:
I think...uhhh...4NutzinYoface (great name btw) just wanted to see him off'd, similar to what they did in the first Burton Batman movie. Regardless of what you may think of that film...upon further review. It worked having Joker fall to his death.

Me personally, I like the fact that Luthor lived, and as some have said him getting stranded on his own personal island is a fitting sense of irony.

LoL, thanks man ;)

And yeah I agree that it worked to have the Joker fall to his death (one of my favourite deaths for bad guys...not sure why but it just looks cool!)

As for Luthor I still say he should croak. With X3 I was so sick of Magneto by that point he should have died off.....if anything Luthor should bite the big one in the sequel....ah well, it ain't never gonna happen anyways, I'll just have to renact the ending the way I think it should be played out with my craptacular Mattel "Superman Returns" toys :supes:

hell I'll agree with you just because so many want the kid to die.

how 'bout Luthor-- at the end of the trilogy-- wounds up in the Phantom Zone?

it will be just like him being dead since he wouldnt be such a threat to anybody, but it wouldnt look like he'd be going out like a punk either. and in consideration for the comics and other future spin-offs they can always bring him back.

I think it's better than killing off Luthor or putting him BACK in prison. After this "New Krypton" business, there's NO WAY he can get out. Hot air balloon, or not!

But I cannot see what Singer is going to do with Luthor in the sequel. I doubt that we'll ever see Lexcorp in the sequels, UNLESS they can come up with a clever way. Honestly, this man tried to destroy America....so giving him corperate power is too 'in your face'.

I CAN see him teaming up with Brainaic (if he is in the sequel) however...but how, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"