SPOILERS: Season 5 - Casting and Plot Predictions

Hyde

Ooga-Chaka
Reaction score
Now that the fantastic Season 4 is over, all eyes inevitably turn to what Season 5 will have in store. We book readers already have a pretty good idea, and there's already been some information leaked - we're definitely heading to Dorne - but even though we already know the source material, we said the same for Season 4 yet there still managed to be a fair few surprises. Brienne VS the Hound, the Night's King etc.

Before reading both AFFC and ADWD I was convinced that the two books would take up the majority of S5 and S6, however now I'm not so sure. I think most of the two books will be adapted by the end of next season with roughly the first half of Season 6 still adapting ADWD stuff, mixed in with TWOW material. Storylines for Sansa, Bran, Davos and the Dornish will definitely be over by Season 5.

Will we see Lady Stoneheart? Will Coldhands finally make it in? Have D&D cut the Greyjoys? Are they sending Jaime Lannister to Dorne rather than the Riverlands? In terms of overall episode structure, episode titles, casting, screentime, writing, plots and the like, what do you guys want to see and think will happen in Season 5?

Last edited:
I've mentioned this in other threads, but having the Brotherhood Without Banners hanging Freys and Lannisters (as well as Frey and Lannister sympathizers), lead by the Hangwoman, is something I'd like to see. Across the Narrow Sea, I expect much of Tyrion's time with Griff and his company will be spent in the bigger cities where we see the red priests proclaiming for Danaerys and stirring up the slaves.

Euron will make it, I think, since he's referenced twice as a major threat to Dany. Once as the Dark Eye, and another as a ten-armed beast with a single eye. As Infinity pointed out, much of Victarion's and Euron's chapters are really nothing more than brief introductions to each of the characters. I do hope they leave in the increasing presence of magic, such as Vic's volcano arm. Since they decided to have Leaf casting fireballs, I think that D&D will keep Moqorro's sorcery in the adaption.

Is this thread for just predictions or unofficial/official casting news/rumours too?

A familiar face may return in Season 5 but I'm not sure which thread to put it in.

You talking about [blackout]Ded Ned?[/blackout]

No. [blackout]Jaqen[/blackout].

Where do I post these things? Which topic?

I figure this thread is a good place, since the title alerts nonreaders to spoilery posts. Since you bring him up, I'm also looking forward to seeing the Kindly Man.

OK thanks! :) So I don't have to put these in spoiler/blackout tags, right?

OK, so this is unofficial confirmation according to a German agency thing. Tom Wlaschiha will return. Not officially confirmed: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/23/familiar-face-returning-game-thrones-season-5/

I loved the character in Season 2, so it's nice that he's returning but I'm still confused if this is true since he's a Faceless Man.

I don't know if Jaime is going to Dorne instead of the Riverlands or to Dorne AND the Riverlands, but they better make his scene with Ser Brynden happen.
It is one of my favorite scenes in the whole series.

OK, so this is unofficial confirmation according to a German agency thing. Tom Wlaschiha will return. Not officially confirmed: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/23/familiar-face-returning-game-thrones-season-5/

I loved the character in Season 2, so it's nice that he's returning but I'm still confused if this is true since he's a Faceless Man.

Maybe they will show the AFFC Prologue ???

Here's a brief interview with D&D dated 6/18: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/1...-heading-dorne-season-5-strongest-season-yet/

The fantasy aspects won't be diminishing in the coming season.
Finally a definitive quote:

With some characters on the television adaptation having already reached the end of their so-far published storyline, many are wondering how far the fifth season will extend into the two remaining books, and if the television series will continue to diverge from Martin’s written work.

Benioff and Weiss reveal, “We have talked to George extensively about where he’s going with the books, and will continue to do so. His books are the blueprint for the world we’re building. Ultimately the show needs to work on its own terms, and keep on moving. Our job is to square that necessity with George’s work to the best of our ability.
We’re not going in strict order because we can’t. We can’t adapt Feast and leave out half our characters. We’ll be drawing heavily from Feast and Dance in season 5.”

They confirm that 7 seasons is still the plan, and that the end to George’s saga is absolutely, 100 percent satisfying. Now that they have passed the halfway point in their storytelling, they’ve started looking towards that end. Benioff says, “I feel we have so many conversations about later seasons. And this year we’ve started talking about the very end… We want this to work.”

I've mentioned this in other threads, but having the Brotherhood Without Banners hanging Freys and Lannisters (as well as Frey and Lannister sympathizers), lead by the Hangwoman, is something I'd like to see. Across the Narrow Sea, I expect much of Tyrion's time with Griff and his company will be spent in the bigger cities where we see the red priests proclaiming for Danaerys and stirring up the slaves.

Euron will make it, I think, since he's referenced twice as a major threat to Dany. Once as the Dark Eye, and another as a ten-armed beast with a single eye. As Infinity pointed out, much of Victarion's and Euron's chapters are really nothing more than brief introductions to each of the characters. I do hope they leave in the increasing presence of magic, such as Vic's volcano arm. Since they decided to have Leaf casting fireballs, I think that D&D will keep Moqorro's sorcery in the adaption.

I love how that has caught on lol "Volcano Arm"

Interesting. This kinda confirms that Ja'qen is the guy in the prologue of AFFC :awesome:

I don't know if Jaime is going to Dorne instead of the Riverlands or to Dorne AND the Riverlands, but they better make his scene with Ser Brynden happen.
It is one of my favorite scenes in the whole series.

An audition tape for Obara Sand leaked, where she mentioned that Jaime Lannister has been spotted in Dorne. Plus, when the original Dornish character list leaked it mentioned that Obara has a brawl with a regular character which didn't happen in the books, so there's some speculation that he could be taking Balon Swann's role from the books and going to get Myrcella.

Last edited:
can any of you imagine if the guy who plays daario ends up playing euron?

:funny:

I'm most interested in who they cast as young griff. especially if he looks... snowy...

I honestly thought the guy who played Lancel would make a better Young Griff than he did for that particular Lannister. IDK why :oldrazz:

I wonder what the big Episode 9 event this year will be. I'm almost certain it's going to be the Battle of Winterfell, even though that's TWOW; for stuff like the Ides of Marsh to happen then Stannis needs to have already left the Wall and headed for Winterfell and Reek + Jeyne need to have escaped. And I think the Ides of Marsh will happen in Episode 10.

Given that they want this thing finished in 30 episodes, I'd think they'd radically alter their current season format. They'd probably need to include both the Battle of Winterfell and the Battle for Meereen in the same season, with basically the cliff notes version of the build up.

episode two is usually a biggie right? would that be too soon for the battle of wf?

Definitely too soon. They could do it for S6 E02 but I'd think that would go to the Battle of Meereen. The (hopefully) potential restoration of a Stark to Winterfell and the defeat of the Boltons alone makes it big Episode 9 material.

Given that they want this thing finished in 30 episodes, I'd think they'd radically alter their current season format. They'd probably need to include both the Battle of Winterfell and the Battle for Meereen in the same season, with basically the cliff notes version of the build up.

I really hope they reconsider and make a Season 8 as well. They're going to try and condense 3000+ pages of material into three seasons, when they could and are allowed to have more time. Why rush it? The show is more popular than ever now, in the UK it has its own freaking chat show on TV, the audience will still be there in 2018 and craving more of Westeros.

Also, why would it have to be the same season? Viewers love blood and gore, especially on this show, but I'd think they would want to space out two huge battles involving main characters. Plus that won't be the only battle sequence in Season 5. There'll be stuff like the taking of Griffin's Roost and Deepwood Motte.

Last edited:
ЯɘvlveR;29130763 said:
can any of you imagine if the guy who plays daario ends up playing euron?

:funny:

I'm most interested in who they cast as young griff. especially if he looks... snowy...

I believe that theory is based on Daario being away from Meereen (treating with the Lhazarene) while the Kingsmoot was happening in the Iron Islands.

Is season 5 when we get introduced to Aegon the IV? Or would that be a season 6 casting?

ЯɘvlveR;29130763 said:

I doubt he will. He will probably look far more like Viserys/Daenerys and Jon doesn't look like either of them.

Is season 5 when we get introduced to Aegon the IV? Or would that be a season 6 casting?

I'd assume season 5. I doubt they are going to split the seasons in the same manner GRRM split ADWD and AFFC.

There's a transcript out for a Tyene audition tape. The dialogue involves Tyene, Obara, and Bronn.

Bronn????

Well, that's..... Interesting.

Maybe, if we take into consideration Jaime's detour to Dorne, Bronn will keep up as Jaime's trainer....

Man I really hope they don't ignore the whole Riverlands plot.
I like the Dorne plot, a lot. But the Riverlands one is just awesome. It totally emulates the book name : A Feast For Crows.

I believe that theory is based on Daario being away from Meereen (treating with the Lhazarene) while the Kingsmoot was happening in the Iron Islands.

yeah. the one I've read recently goes even further than that.

It looks like he certainly coming back...with Arya off to Braavos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"