Spy Kids Reboot...WTF?

I've seen the sequels (and Shark Boy) with my nephew. All I have to say is that the other movies were self-indulgent. Pretty much, he made these movies for his kids, which IS sweet, but that's it. He made it for his kids, and there's a disconnect between the sequels/Shark Boy and the original one, which had a broader appeal.

I bet his kids have had enough and are like, "Whatever, make Sin City 2".

Dude's going dooooooooooown.

I want Rodriguez to do Spy Kids Vs. Predators.

THAT would be a movie worth seeing.

Who needs a Spy Kids reboot when you have "Spigh Kydz"? (look it up on youtube) :hehe:

Jesus, Robert.... you are really bottoming out here, aren't you.

I remember watching the original with my mommy in theaters. Did it look as bad to adults then as this one does to me now?

Joel Mchale. Jeremy Piven. What are you doing?

this looks like a normal spy kids movie.

but i am shocked about Alba. she was without energy in this trailer. bland and a big MEH. you look at the first Spy Kids movie and you see all the known actors. and they are all on the joke. they have fun. they are acting over the top. and it works for a stupid cheap kids movie.

Alba is very lucky that she knows Rodriguez. how else would she get 2 paychecks in the last 2 years?

You are shocked that Alba sucked in the trailer, why? She's been sucking for years and the simple fact that she is doing crap like this shows that her career is dead. As it should be.

Only god knows why I watched the trailer but I did and it did not disappoint. It looks just as awful as I thought it would. It makes me sick that movies like it get made.

for the love of god she is not having fun in the movie. how can you be in a SPy kids movie and look bored? those movies are not art. but they are a way for actors to be goofy and have fun on the set. if you look the acting in Spy kids movies its like you watched the gag reel.

Alba looks like her whole family died 5 minutes ago.

is Rodgriguez having an affair with her? because there is no way that Alba fits in this movie. they could have got a cheaper known hot girl .

she looks out if place and the movie just looks terrible. I guess it looks better than 'the last two Spy Kids. with 'the bad greenscreen.

well here's an alba movie i'll never see. not even for her.

how the hell did they get ricky gervais to even do a voice in this film? who slept with him, i mean seriously.

The only exciting thing about this movie is that it has the original Spy kids in it. Which makes me beg the question as to why they couldnt just center it around them again.

And instead of doing a movie like this why cant Alba just give me a much needed Dark Angel movie?

The only exciting thing about this movie is that it has the original Spy kids in it. Which makes me beg the question as to why they couldnt just center it around them again.

And instead of doing a movie like this why cant Alba just give me a much needed Dark Angel movie?

Cameron's far too concerned with spending the next decade of his life cooking up a sequel to Avatar.

I just read Bill Paxton was in one of these films as a character by the name "Dinky Winks"

Well, one thing's for sure after seeing that trailer; Carmen got hot.

Robert, for the love of God.... :csad:

how is that robert rodriguez can take such respectable actors and reduce them to this?

Maybe it's some sort of in joke or something. I was almost attempted to check out Stallone as a bad guy in one of these things but then he revitalized his career.

it's funny how the trailer just 'unsexifed' Alba. not just in the trailer but in general.

I've always watched these for vega.

Jessica Alba's character is the stepmom for these two kids. This is an interesting concept to me, because it's an obvious parallel to Rose McGowan, Rodriguez's girlfriend, trying to relate to Rodriguez's kids. The fact that he's basing the movie off things from real life makes me want to think that the movie might be personal and well-intentioned, but this is horrifying.

First of all, the kids are boring as hell. They don't seem to have any personality or energy like Carmen and Juni. (Speaking of which, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU KIDS DOING IN THIS MOVIE?? RUN!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!) But that doesn't even matter, because the main character is the grown-up. Sure, okay. Defeat the ENTIRE PURPOSE OF SPY KIDS why don't you.

Maybe I need to take off my nostalgia goggles, because Spy Kids came out when I was 8. I was in the very dead-center of the targeted demographic for the movie, and I ate it up. But it's aged well. Ten years later, it's a cool, fun family movie that never talks down to kids. Spy Kids was my gateway to Robert Rodriguez. His story was inspiring to me; this was a dude who spent a few months in a medical experimenting facility to that he could get just barely enough money ($7000) to make a big, cool action movie called El Mariachi.

And now we get this ****.

As a Rodriguez fan and a Spy Kids fan, this is confusing and sad.

Last edited:
Rodriguez is becoming pathetic, and I say this as a big fan. Most unnecessary loose sequel/reboot ever.

He throws together a film every six months, making at least one a year in an attempt to top himself by making each even worse than the last. He's trolling us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"