First Avenger Stanley Tucci is Dr. Abraham Erskine

JP

Smelly
Reaction score
Marvel Studios announced today that Oscar-nominated actor Stanley Tucci has been cast to star as Dr. Abraham Erskine in the studio's highly anticipated movie Captain America: The First Avenger opposite Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Hugo Weaving, and Hayley Atwell.

In the early comics, Dr. Erskine was a German scientist behind Project Rebirth, the secret experiment that created the Super Soldier known as Captain America. Joe Johnston will direct the film penned by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige will produce Captain America: The First Avenger. Alan Fine, Stan Lee, David Maisel and Louis D’Esposito will executive produce. The film will be released in the US on July 22, 2011 and distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Captain America: The First Avenger will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America.

Tucci's credits include Julie & Julia, Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones, for which he was nominated for an Academy Award, and The Devil Wears Prada. He can next be seen in the upcoming comedy Easy A as well as the upcoming movie musical Burlesque.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102200-stanley-tucci-to-star-in-captain-america

Of course there is a spelling error in the title! :argh:

:up: nice... Liked him in TDWP and Lovely Bones... I'm game :up:

Last edited:
Good casting. Rage approves!
(I know that means a lot to everyone out there) ;)

I like. This cast is beginning to rival Thor's

Oh, so they cast Stanley "people keep confusing Mark Strong with me" Tucci?

Just kidding, a fine actor and another strong addition to the cast. Evans will be well-surrounded.

Great casting...I thought we already had a casting thread though?

This is great casting. I was hoping that Tucci would find his way to a superhero movie. I actually thought he would make a good Prof X before McAvoy was cast, but this is some pretty awesome news. Tucci, Weaving, and Jones are some seriously well-respected actors and this cast is taking shape much like Thor's did.

very cool nice find. And another good selection for the cast.

Awesome. Man, this cast just keeps getting better and better.

Marvel really has a knack for finding under-the-radar high-quality actors.

finally really good casting news. I start to get excited again.

Good choice. The cast continue's to shape up greatly. :up:

I actually see Tucci when looking at this panel involving the character from Captain America: Reborn #2:

29122552203259.jpg

Tucci is grossly underrated as an actor, good casting.

someone refresh my memory. In that scene in The Incredible Hulk where Gen Ross unveils the tarp where the serum is stored, did it say Erskine's name on it?

Great choice for sure. :up:

The cast is slowly starting to look pretty solid. I approve! After the costume being revealed, some good actors being announced the last few weeks or so, I'm starting to relax a little. This may not be rushed afterall.

someone refresh my memory. In that scene in The Incredible Hulk where Gen Ross unveils the tarp where the serum is stored, did it say Erskine's name on it?

No, I think it said Reinstein. (which was a cover name for Erskine, I believe)

I love Stanley Tucci! This is a great choice! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"