General Trek Talk Star Trek: The Animated Series Coming To DVD!

Gamma Ray

Superhero
Reaction score
240x320.jpg

Animated Series on DVD Announced!

CBS DVD and Paramount Home Entertainment today announce the DVD release date of the highly anticipated Animated Series. Formerly known as The Animated Adventures of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek, the four-disc set will hit stores on November 21, 2006. The title now shortened to Star Trek: The Animated Series, the set will include all 22 episodes of the classic Roddenberry show, which originally aired on Saturday mornings in 1973-74. A final frontier of sorts, the Animated Series is the last of the Trek catalog to make it to DVD.
Creator Gene Roddenberry's animated version of Star Trek features the voices of nearly the entire cast of the original live-action series, including William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, George Takei, James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols and Majel Barrett, as they embark on the further adventures of the U.S.S. Enterprise. Comprised of 22 episodes, the four-disc set includes the Peabody award-winning episode "How Sharper Than a Serpent's ToothWalter Koenig's "The Infinite Vulcan,” which was the first episode ever written by a Star Trek cast member, as well as a number of episodes that serve as sequels to original Star Trek episodes. Many episodes were written by veterans of the original live-action TV series, such as D.C. Fontana and David Gerrold, and the show won a daytime Emmy in 1975 for Outstanding Children's Series.
Confirmed special features for the Animated Series include:
The DVD set will be presented in its original full screen with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, English Mono and Spanish Mono and will be available to own for a suggested retail price of $35.00.

320x240.jpg
320x240.jpg
320x240.jpg

I've never actually seen any episodes of the animated show, but they had everyone from the original cast and some really good stories from what I heard. I'm definitely going to buy this set! :up:

I've seen a few of the eps, they played on Sci-Fi a couple years ago, it was pretty good from what I remember.

It was a good show...I have a few on tape...I'll be glad to pick this up. I wish Paramount would lower the price on thier other Trek DVDs and give you a choice on the "fancy" packaging or a good old regular box set that fits on your shelf.

The price and packaging on this set is very, very good. I was surprised to see such a low retail price. The TOS season sets were very expensive.

As I recall, it was a great series, I really enjoyed it, though I haven't seen it for many years.

The only thing I want to come to Star Trek DVD is lower prices. I need season seven of TNG to complete the show, but I don't have $130 to spare right now! For crying out loud, Deep Space Nine's season seven set is only $100 :eek: :(

Immortalfire said:
The only thing I want to come to Star Trek DVD is lower prices. I need season seven of TNG to complete the show, but I don't have $130 to spare right now! For crying out loud, Deep Space Nine's season seven set is only $100 :eek: :(
i feel your pain.. but I caution you to avoid certain Trek sites to complain about the prices—hardcore Trekkies like to ream people..

Anyway—I wish the animated set were coming out sooner.. and for years, I’ve said that there should have been an updated version.. they could have started doing it before certain TOS people passed away, like Scotty and McCoy.. Still, I’d want to see more animated Trek, based on the various versions of the show, but especially on the Next Generation crew.. Paramount/Viacom owns any number of TV networks, it shouldn’t be that hard to find a place for a new ‘toon show..

They just updated the price point. :mad:

"The DVD set will be presented in its original full screen with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, English Mono and Spanish Mono and will be available to own for a suggested retail price of $62.99."

sumofa*****!

Gamma Ray said:
They just updated the price point. :mad:

"The DVD set will be presented in its original full screen with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, English Mono and Spanish Mono and will be available to own for a suggested retail price of $62.99."

sumofa*****!

um, you're kidding, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"