• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legends Star Wars: Darth Vader

I hope Vader kills every one of those android abominations!:argh:

Gillen needs to stop making awesome characters. There are too many I want to see more of. Add Mini-Mando and IG-90 to the list of characters I want to see more of. And definitely more Krrsantan.

I just hope Aphra is working on Vader's orders. Don't want the great team up to end soon.

So, new Vader is out. Already a big fan of Thanoth. Another great side kick for Vader. Nice seeing a competent Imperial now and again. Too bad, his fate is probably sealed. Keeping an eye on Vader is hardly good for a long life. Liked how he yelled at the twins. And Vader's criticism of their blade work.

And I am excited to see where Aphra is going. Vader is going to find out more about Padme's death. I'm loving this, as this series seems to really be about the lost of the respect/love between Sith Master and Apprentice.

Interesting, when put together with Sith Lords. I haven't read it, but I remember reading that it describes Vader as a full on Palpatine believer.

Just caught up. Nine issues in and I feel like this might be the best Star Wars story since 1980. It is wonderful, in every way. Vader as the black knight, Aphra is awesome, the Vader/Emperor relationship, the inverse Artoo and Threepio. So, so good.

I also find the call backs to the Saga, both OT and Prequels, to be beautifully done.

So, new Vader is out. Already a big fan of Thanoth. Another great side kick for Vader. Nice seeing a competent Imperial now and again. Too bad, his fate is probably sealed. Keeping an eye on Vader is hardly good for a long life. Liked how he yelled at the twins. And Vader's criticism of their blade work.

And I am excited to see where Aphra is going. Vader is going to find out more about Padme's death. I'm loving this, as this series seems to really be about the lost of the respect/love between Sith Master and Apprentice.

Interesting, when put together with Sith Lords. I haven't read it, but I remember reading that it describes Vader as a full on Palpatine believer.
I love the way they are writing Vader here. His general attitude and sense of humor are perfect imo. I also like how he clearly communicates differently depending on the person.

Larocca deserves massive props for being able to convey Vader's emotions through, almost just different angles. It is truly impressive.

Larocca deserves massive props for being able to convey Vader's emotions through, almost just different angles. It is truly impressive.
Very true. It really is some terrific work.

I am just hoping they will be allowed to bring in Xizor, eventually.

I'd rather they just avoid all the old EU, and crafted their own characters in he same spirit if they feel the need.

I supported Disney getting rid of the vast majority of the EU, but I do wish that they kept Shadows of the Empire. That and the Force Unleashed should have remained due to Lucas personally approving of those projects as if they were a part of proper Star Wars lore as opposed to being a mere side story of the EU.

I'm not particularly bothered about the actual story of Shadows, I just loved the rivalry between Vader and Xizor.

And TFU was just a horrible story. If Starkiller had never been involved with the founding of the Rebellion, it would've been okay. But I'm glad its gone.

I want to start reading this series but with already 9 issues in, that's a lot of money for me at the moment. Do we know how many issues this is supposed to have by its end? And is there a collection of all the issues planned to be released?

It's an ongoing series. I'm not quite sure about the trade, but there should be at least one out or coming out soon.

Trade comes out at the end of October. Collects the first 6 issues.

I'm holding out for the inevitable deluxe/omnibus editions for all the various runs.

I'm not particularly bothered about the actual story of Shadows, I just loved the rivalry between Vader and Xizor.

And TFU was just a horrible story. If Starkiller had never been involved with the founding of the Rebellion, it would've been okay. But I'm glad its gone.
I'm actually really like Darth Vader being responsible for the founding of the rebellion through Starkiller. It's totally in Vader's character to make massive mistakes like that just like how his plan to let the the Millennium Falcon fly off with the Death Star plans inadvertently led to the destruction of the Death Star.

That said, the family crest being used as the Rebellion's symbol was a bit much.

Last edited:
So got caught up. #12 wasn't too big, more set up for Vader down. Loved the Aphra/Vader interactions, as always. Am interested to see Mon Cal Greivious as part of Vader Down, though. I do hope that they slow down the release schedule after Vader down. There have been a few unfortunate issues with Larrocca's art the past few issues.

As for Vader Down #1, 100% pure Vader fan service. It says something when you put the Siege of Lothal to shame for Vader bad assery. And seeing the preview for Vader #13, it just continues.

And Vader continues to be awesome for Vader fans. And he isn't just using brute force, which is nice. Plus, top level villain lines. Side note: clearly explosives are the wrong thing to bring to fight Vader.

Of course, Aphra and the droids were great as well. Love her reason for trying to save Vader. And the way she caught Luke was funny. Though, I am now calling lightsabers space-stabbers.

Loved the bits with Han and Leia as well.

So this ended today, with a ending fitting of its excellence. One of my favorite Star Wars stories period. Easily the best one that isn't a film, and arguably only looks up at The Empire Strikes Back.

And we are getting a Doctor Aphra series!!!!!!!

Are there any big canon changing revalations?

Are there any big canon changing revalations?
In the series or finale? Nothing I can really think of, though they do a really great job of connecting the prequels with the OT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"