Star Wars: Heroes Rising

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Nine[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin and Colin followed Sev into an unknown section of the ship. It was a large, circular chamber whose lights were dimmed. At the center of the room was a smaller circle, maybe twenty-feet all around. Justin and Colin looked at it, then at each other, confused. Sev turned to them.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“This is the Battle Circle,” he explained. “For informational purposes, I need you two to spar each other at your fullest. But no killing,” he added, looking at Justin.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Why do we need to fight?” Colin asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev said, “For me to determine where your combat talents truly lie, I need to study your movements. The Echani have a belief that combat is where ones true self is expressed; I happen to share that belief.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin and Colin walked into the ring, knowing that they really had no choice in the matter. Justin looked at Colin and gave him a military bow. “I'll try to go easy on you,” he said smugly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Do your worst,” Colin said, equally smug.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Both got into a ready stance, and when Sev yelled for them to begin, they ran at each other. They attacked each other relentlessly as blurs of motion that only trained eyes could see. Justin elbowed Colin in the face, but Colin ducked and punched Justin in the stomach. Justin retreated from the attack and kicked Colin in the chin, which Colin caught. Colin threw his friend to the ground, but Justin jumped back up and dove at Colin. Colin swiftly stepped to the left to dodge, but Justin swiveled on his hands and kicked Colin in the face. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Enough!” Sev yelled as Colin was about to strangle Justin. “Good. Very good. Follow me.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Breathing heavily, Justin and Colin glared at each other jokingly and followed Sev onto the Bridge, where Sev sat down and observed the two.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Well,” he began. “During your brief fight, I was able to get enough observations to figure out what you specialties you two should train in. Justin, you're more direct in your attacks, while Colin, you're sneakier, and used more underhanded tactics to get the job done.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Well, I am a ninja,” Colin said. Sev ignored him.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“In conclusion,” Sev said, “Justin, you'll be trained as an assault soldier. Colin, you'll be a sniper scout.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I'm fine with that,” Colin said, smiling. He was gonna be a ninja.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Whatever,” Justin said, though he was happy that he wouldn't have to rely on anything other than brute force. He hoped. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“However, since your training is unorthodox, several methods must be undertaken to speed up this process,” Sev explained. “Usually sniper scouts and assault soldiers go through years of intense training to get the physical requirements and skills necessary to be adequate in the field. But due to the small amount of Force within you, Kala and I came up with a new procedure that will quicken your skills and make you stand above the rest.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I already stand above the rest,” Justin said, offended. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Shut up, Justin,” Colin said. “What are the procedures, exactly?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You really want to know?” Sev asked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“No,” Justin said quickly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yes,” Colin said, and Sev took Colin's answer over Justin's.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Well, each of you will be injected with various stimulants that will increase your speed, strength, and agility. But each of you will also receive modifications unique to you. Justin, you'll receive ocular and auditory implants. Colin, you'll be given a chemical harvested from the genes of a Cathar, giving you the ability to become effectively invisible.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I must warn you, the procedures will be very painful, and I won't force you guys to do it,” Sev said, a hint of the paternal care he felt for them in his voice coming through. “I can train you as regular soldiers.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Bring it on,” Justin said. “We can handle a little pain, right Colin?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]* * * [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]As Justin and Colin floated nude in bacta tanks, sedated and having their bodies biochemically altered, a tech said to the concerned Sev, “Uh, Sir? I'm getting some unusual readings from the two of them, some weird reactions to the chemicals.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Fatal?” Sev asked worriedly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Doesn't seem like it,” the tech said. “Their vitals are normal, but I think they might have more new abilities then we originally thought.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev tapped his chin. “Interesting. Very interesting.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Ten[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The shuttle exited hyperspace directly above Dantooine, with Kala at the helm. As she prepared the ship to land, she stole a look at Jimmy and Tom, whose faces made her laugh.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“My,” she giggled. “You almost look as green as I am.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Very funny,” Jimmy said, vomiting. Tom followed suit. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I should have warned you,” Kala said, stifling a laugh. “Everyone gets sick their first time in hyperspace.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]R6 rolled beside Tom and made a series of beeps and chirps that, to Tom, sounded an awful lot like laughing. Tom threw his droid friend a dirty look and said, “Laugh it up, R6. Next time I get sick, though, I might puke in you. Think about it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]R6 made a low whistle and rolled away. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The shuttle landed a half hour later, and as Tom and Jimmy walked out they found themselves in a huge hanger. The hole in which they'd landed began to close, becoming a roof now. As Jimmy watched it close, Tom nudged his shoulder. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Look around you,” he whispered. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy did and saw, in the same awe as his friend, that all those of the Galactic Union in the hanger were staring at him and Tom with wonder. “Why are we being stared at?” he asked Tom.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala walked out of the shuttle and said, “The men and women here know that you're being trained in the Jedi Arts. I'm the only Jedi they've seen in years, so this is a momentous occasion. Now, come.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]As Kala led the way, Jimmy waved enthusiastically to the crowd, while Tom nodded at each of them. When he was a meter from the exit, Tom was stopped by a woman holding a baby. She was dirty and, Tom guessed, a living casualty of the war. But the hope that shone in her eyes was pure as she looked at him.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Please,” the woman pleaded. “Watch over my child, Tana.” She practically thrust the baby into Tom's arms, and, as Tom looked at the sleeping child, he felt great sadness. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Struggling for a little while with the right words to say, he finally decided to state, “I'll do my best.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This was enough for the woman, who smiled at him hugely and thanked him profusely as Tom moved on.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy waited for him, and asked if he was all right. “I'm fine,” Tom answered. “It's just...I know what we're fighting for, now.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]* * *[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The three took a landspeeder to an ancient Jedi Enclave. Kala explained to them that this Enclave was where most of their training would occur. The Enclave was also the location of a powerful Force Nexus, which would be used to activate the full Force power within them.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy and Tom looked at each other. Tom nodded. Jimmy returned his nod, but looked uneasy about it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“How you doing?” Tom asked him.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Okay, I guess,” Jimmy replied. “I'm scared though, about what this new power will do to me. I mean, I don't want to end up like Justin.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I'll help you,” Tom said. “I'll keep you in check, if you do the same for me.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Deal,” Jimmy said. They shook on it. In the drivers seat, Kala smiled at the friendship that she could feel without using the Force. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Jedi Master parked in a grassy field that was in front of a large structure resembling a coliseum. Kala led them into a chamber of the Enclave, where Tom and Jimmy saw a grassy field with a tree in the far corner. Next to the tree was a luminous white cloud crackling with energy. The Force Nexus. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Step into the Nexus,” Kala instructed, her voice determined. In the back of her mind, she was worried that something would go wrong, but she let go of her worry and resolved to follow whatever path the Force chose for them.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy and Tom walked uneasily into the cloud; Jimmy even held his breath. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Let go of all feeling,” Kala instructed, her voice soothing. “Breathe...center yourselves. Feel the air around, the kath hounds that stalk the plains of Dantooine, the insects in the tree next to you. Recognize that there is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force. Now...breathe again, and awaken.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom and Jimmy do as she dictates, and the cloud glows brighter, and the energy that crackled around it goes into Jimmy's and Tom's bodies. They both fall to all fours, overwhelmed with the power they were inexperienced in feeling. Both of their eyes were glowing white with pure energy.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy felt, rather than saw, the interconnectivity between all living things. He saw it as a spider web, with Tom linked to Kala, Kala linked to the tree, and the tree linked to himself. But all of those were interlinked with the air, the sky, the mynock flying above them, all were one. Through the Force, Jimmy knew this, and he understood. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom felt the emotions of a galaxy all at once; the pain of a war-torn planet, the hope and joy of new parents, the happiness of children, he felt it all, including a great sadness from Kala. He also saw, not in color, but in terms of the Force; Kala radiated a strong blue light, as did Jimmy. He realized as he sat in agony that he was seeing their natures in the Force; good guys. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Breathing shallowly, Tom fainted, the sudden burst of emotion being too much for him. Kala rushed to his side at double normal speed, thanks to the Force. She put her hand upon his brow and used the Force to see if they was anything wrong with him medically. There was nothing that she could detect. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Once Jimmy was fully “awakened”, he rushed to Kala's side. “What happened?” he asked fearfully. As soon as he asked this, R6-D4 rolled in and, upon seeing Tom's unconscious form, asked the droidspeak equivalent of Jimmy's question. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Not sure,” Kala muttered. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom suddenly gasped and sat up, scaring Jimmy and Kala. R6 screeched.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ignoring the shock that Tom gave him, Jimmy asked, “You all right, man?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I feel fine, actually,” Tom said, surprised. A minute ago his head felt as if it would burst. He smiled at Jimmy, who smiled back, but Kala frowned. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Now sensing her worry, Jimmy said, “What is it, Kala?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala took a deep breath, and said to Tom, a little coldly, “There's no sign of the Force in you. None at all.”[/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Eleven[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What?” Jimmy asked in disbelief. He concentrated in an effort to enter Tom's mind, but since his power was unfocused, he could not.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I do feel weaker,” Tom admitted, rubbing his temple.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What happened during the Awakening?” Kala asked urgently.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I saw, and felt, a galaxy full of hope, of love, of evil, and of pain,” Tom said, his eyes tearing at the thought. “The sensation I felt was...intense.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I see,” Kala replied, her face grim. “It makes sense. You didn't expect the influx of emotion, so you cut yourself off from the Force to survive. It's happened before, such as in the case of the famed Jedi Exile...”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Is it permanent?” Tom interrupted. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala shrugged. “I don't know. This is my first time encountering a case like this.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy looked at his friend with pity. “Oh, Tom...” he began, but stood rigid. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Untrained in the Force as he was, he was nonetheless able to detect a feeling of urgency. “We're not alone,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]A group consisting of a human man and woman, a Rodian, and a Devoronian walked into the Enclave's chamber, all armed with blaster rifles. They wore no uniforms, but Jimmy could tell that they were part of some sort of organization due to the identical 'C' insignia on all of their chests. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]These are members of the Coalition, Kala said telepathically to the two teenagers. The intergalactic crime syndicate.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Devoronian spoke in flawed, but understandable, Basic. [/FONT]“Intah-fear with are dealings too much, Jeedai.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala waved her right hand subtly, and her voice adopted a calm, eerie tone. “We caused you no grievance. Go back to Nar Shaada.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The man walked up tot he Devoronian. “You know, they haven't really done anything to us. Why don't we go back to Nar Shaada?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In response, the Devoronian elbowed the man in the face, calling him a “weak-minded schutta.” To the others, he said, “Fire.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Rodian tossed a frag grenade, which landed directly in front of Jimmy, who stared at it fearfully. Kala telekinetically lifted it into the air, where it exploded harmlessly. She drew her lightsaber, but before she could light it a blaster bolt knocked it out of her hand.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]No need to worry, she “said” to Tom and Jimmy reassuringly. I only need the Force.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Concentrate on the human child standing beside her!” The human female said. “See if he can handle the pain!” At that, all blasters were aimed at Jimmy, who gulped.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Suddenly, Kala felt an external surge of energy and, as the Coalition opened fire, Tom leaped into the air, called Kala's saber to his hand, and landed in front of Jimmy. Through the Force, Jimmy saw Tom glowing brightly, brighter than Kala. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom effortlessly redirected the blaster fire back at the Coalition members, striking them all in the chest area. None survived.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When all was done, Tom turned to face Jimmy and Kala, eyes glowing with Force energy. As he deactivated Kala's blade, his eyes returned to normal. “Whoa,” he whispered, tossing Kala's lightsaber back to her.[/FONT] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Eyes widened in fear and awe, Jimmy asked, “Tom...you all right?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Never better,” Tom said, cracking his neck. “I feel...alive. Awake.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy looked to Kala for an explanation. “This is a unique case...,” Kala said. “But when I first met you, I sensed that you hid behind a wall of mental armor, hiding your feelings from all but your close friends. I imagine that your mind demanded that the Force worked the same way. Having been scared at the feelings you felt, and possibly at the power you now had, you buried the Force deep within you, subconsciously. But when you saw Jimmy in danger, you allowed the Force to flow through you freely, and that allowed you to save him.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I see,” Tom said, not really understanding. “I suppose what matters is that I'm fine now. And ready to begin Jedi training.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“So am I!” Jimmy exclaimed indignantly. He felt as if he was being forgotten. Tom sensed this.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Of course you are, Jimmy,” he said soothingly. “We'll do it together, just like we agreed upon.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Ya,” Jimmy said, grinning.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala smiled warmly. “It is good that you are ready to begin training, but it is unwise to begin after an Awakening. Rest now, we begin tomorrow.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You know,” Jimmy said to Tom as they walked away. “I think I can sense where our bunk is.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Then lead on, my friend,” Tom said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]As they walked into the corridor of the Enclave, Kala walked towards the nexus to meditate. It was going to be a very interesting three years. [/FONT]​

There is precedence for them saying it in the EU.

But I may have gotten a little carried away :o

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Twelve[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Across the galaxy, on the smuggler's moon of Nar Shaddaa, Rax the Hutt, head of The Coalition, sat in his palace, watching the recording of the group he'd sent to Shavaar to deal with the meddlesome Jedi, Kala Silphos. He grunted with interest as the fire headed teenage human leaped in between the blaster fire of his men and the sandy haired human and redirected it with a lightsaber. The video went to static as a redirected blaster bolt struck the human female, killing her and destroying the recording device.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Indo Xynea, a young female Togruta and Rax's chief lieutenant, said quietly, “Are you concerned, my lord?”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Hardly,” Rax said in perfect Basic, which often caught new acquaintances off guard. “Information is power, my dear, and this information could prove most beneficial. Open a comm to Darth Drakos.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Indo nodded, and Rax awaited for the Sith Lord's visage to appear on the viewscreen, which, after five or so minutes, it did. Rax was pleased that Darth Drakos trusted him well enough to allow him to communique with him, but it was always something of an annoyance that Drakos appeared as he always did: a shadow with glowing red eyes. He wished that he could see the face of Drakos, but deep down he realized that that would never come to pass.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What is it, Rax?” Drakos asked coolly. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“My Lord Drakos,” Rax said, bowing his head as far as he was able, “My men have come across a recording that contains some new information that may, in the long run, hurt your cause. May I send it to you?”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Do it,” Drakos said. The Hutt did so, and after he was done watching, the Sith narrowed his eyes and murmured, “Interesting...”, the most Rax had ever seen him emote. “Most interesting indeed, Rax.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Thank you, my lord,” Rax said deferentially.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“But,” Drakos said. “This is only a minor concern. Two more Jedi won't do me much harm, not when I have an army.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“It's still two more Jedi than the Union had!” Rax pointed out. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“This is true, but still, it does not matter,” Drakos said icily. “Instead of worrying about this, focus your efforts on the planet Ariu. Send some of your best agents there to learn everything that can be learned about the planet.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yes, Darth Drakos,” Rax said, fuming that Drakos didn't see the Jedi as a threat like he did. He reached to his side and picked up a handful of crunchy bugs, and chewed on them thoughtfully.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Thirteen[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Two and a half years later, Colin and Justin stood on the bridge of the Warhammer with Sev, watching a refugee freighter being bombarded by Sith attack craft over the planet Onderon. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Why are they attacking that?” Colin asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“That's what we need to find out,” Sev replied. “You and Justin need to lead our men into the battle, but leave one ship alive so we can interrogate the pilot. And make sure you don't hit the freighter to take them out, Justin.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Fine,” Justin growled. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev lead the two into a hanger, where Union starfighters awaited them. Colin's was a specifically designed stealth fighter, which was a long diamond shaped cockpit with two wings extending from each side. Justin had a standard fighter, which was a longer version of the stealth fighter. Without hesitation the two jumped into their cockpits, threw their helmets on, and prepped their fighters for take-off. When all was set, Justin said over the comm, “Follow our lead, Blue Team.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Union fighters followed Justin and Colin as they flew out of the hanger. “Set s-foils in attack position,” said Colin. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]As they did so, a laser beam blasted towards Justin, which he dodged by rolling to the side. “Okay,” Justin said. “Now I'm pissed.” He shot a missile at his attacker, destroying it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Remember,” Sev's voice said in his ear, “leave one alive.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I know, I know,” Justin muttered, shooting down another Sith ship.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Looks like we've made them angry,” Colin said, noting that the Sith were abandoning the freighter and coming for the Union ships. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“This is where the fun begins,” Justin said, taking down two ships with one blast, not noticing the missile aimed at him.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Damn it, Justin,” Colin muttered, blasting the missile before it hit its target. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Thanks,” Justin said, blasting another ship. “You know, they don't seem to be trying.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Or we're that good,” Colin added, doing a loop in the air that caused two Sith ships to crash into each other. “Either or.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Within another minute, all the Sith ships were done, save for one, and that one was floating helplessly in space.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You want to talk to it, or can I?” Justin asked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Go for it, chief,” Colin said. “I've got to establish a hack there anyway.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Grinning, Justin opened up a comm. “Attention random Sith attack craft: You are all alone here, and you're dead in space. If you surrender to us, you will not be killed. Bruised and bloodied beyond belief, maybe, but not killed.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]There was silence over the comm. “Um...hello?” Justin asked tensely. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh son of a bantha!” Colin yelled. “He's wiping the ships memory!”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin was about to key a comm to tell the man to stop, when the ship exploded. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Did you shoot at it, Colin!?” Justin exclaimed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Wasn't me,” Colin said evenly. “It must have hit its self-destruct.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Fantastic,” Justin grumbled, flying back to the Warhammer. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You two did well,” Sev said. “It's not like you could have foreseen it activating its self-destruct. Besides, we lost no ships, and the freighter is relatively undamaged.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What did the Sith want with it, anyway?” Justin asked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“The Union was hiding a secret weapons cache on board,” Sev said. “Why they would pose a risk to refugee's is beyond me.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“And me,” Colin said angrily. “Though the Sith attacking it is even worse. Why would they harm civilians?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Welcome to war,” Sev said grimly, secretly surprised at Colin's naivety. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Sacrifice is necessary for war,” Justin said. Colin turned to him, surprised.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Would you sacrifice a city do stop a single Sith?” Colin asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“If I had to,” Justin said stiffly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Colin's mouth dropped. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev, sensing that the two would get into a brawl if this discussion kept up, quickly said, “Colin, you were able to get a small bit of data from the ships comp. It was a single word: Ariu, which is a planet in the Mid-rim.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“And?” Justin asked, waiting for an explanation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“We don't know what the Sith want with Ariu, but Intelligence is working on it,” Sev explained. “You shouldn't worry about it, but you should get some rest. I imagine that the battle took a lot out of you.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Wordlessly, Colin left the bridge, but not before shooting Justin a dirty look. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What do you think about that, Sev?” Justin asked. “Would you sacrifice a city to stop the Sith?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Without looking at Justin as he keyed in commands, Sev replied, “You should ask someone who hasn't spent most of his military career listening to a Jedi.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin persisted, saying that Sev had to have some opinion on the matter. Finally, Sev relented. “It is easier,” he said carefully, “to sacrifice faces without names then it is to sacrifice names without faces.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“That makes no sense,” Justin said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yes it does,” Sev said. “Think about it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]As Sev left the bridge, Justin thought long and hard on his words, but still could not discern the meaning behind them.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Fourteen[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]On Dantooine, in the courtyard of the Jedi Enclave, Tom and Jimmy, both wearing loose tunics, dueled each other with dulled swords. Using their Force enhanced reflexes, the two dodged each others blows at a speed that was near-invisible to the human eye. Tom slashed Jimmy's waist, but Jimmy blocked with his own sword. However, Tom's strength behind the blow was so powerful that Jimmy's sword was knocked from his hand. As Tom went in for the “killing blow”, Jimmy sent a Force Push at him, knocking him to the ground.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Hey!” Tom exclaimed. “No Force powers!”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh get over it,” Jimmy said, offering Tom his hand. Begrudgingly, Tom took it, and from the sidelines Kala shook her head. Over the past three years, Tom and Jimmy had made remarkable progress in their skills. As part of their training, both had familiarized themselves with Jedi history, and both had learned to use the Force to manipulate the world around them, though Jimmy's skill with it was a bit more focused. But Tom made up for his slightly weaker Force ability by being an amazing warrior. Though Jedi weren't meant to be warriors, in this War, warriors were needed, and Tom filled that role adequately. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You've both learned well,” Kala called out, walking towards them. “You are close to becoming full Jedi. But one more test remains: you must construct a lightsaber, the symbol of the Jedi Order, and a tool to protect your friends and allies.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom's joy at this was so powerful that it rubbed off onto Jimmy. Both grinned widely at each other.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Come,” Kala said. “We must go to the Crystal Cave.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Race you,” Jimmy said to Tom.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You're on,” Tom said, smirking, and used Force Speed to bolt to the cave. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Smiling quickly at Kala, Jimmy followed suit. Kala wanted to tell them to not use their abilities lightly, but found she couldn't. Something inside her wanted her to let the two friends enjoy this time they had together. Shaking her head, the Jedi [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Master got into her landspeeder and rode for the cave.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When she arrived, she found Tom and Jimmy playfully arguing about who had won the race. Opening herself to the Force, she received a vision that showed that Jimmy had won, but chose to keep the knowledge to herself. She figured it was best to let them figure it out for themselves.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Glad to see you guys waited for me,” Kala said. “Come on inside, this shouldn't take long.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The two followed their master into the cave, which was dark and moist. Using the Force to ease his discomfort, Jimmy walked up to Kala and asked, “Why do we need to get the crystals ourselves, Kala?”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Because the lightsaber, every part of it, is unique to its wielder. It's a reflection of them. The crystal is the heart of the blade, and that's why you need to pick it yourselves,” Kala explained.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh,” Jimmy said, feeling stupid.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“It's okay, Jimmy,” Kala said, smiling and patting his shoulder. “I didn't understand it when I built my first lightsaber either.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This made Jimmy feel slightly better, but this feeling was replaced by embarrassment when Tom said, in his head, <Jimmy and Kala, sitting in a tree...>[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<Shut up Tom,> Jimmy said, grateful that in the dark his friend couldn't see him blush.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<But I can feel you blushing,> Tom said slyly.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<At least I don't have red hair,> Jimmy countered. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom was silent for a moment. <Damn,,> he finally said. <Well-played, Jimmy.>[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Due to their “conversation”, Tom and Jimmy didn't notice the kinrath spider coming towards them. Kala sensed it, almost too late. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Look out!” she yelled, preparing to activate her lightsaber. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]She needn't have even slightly worried. Spurred into action, Tom pushed the kinrath to the ground, where Jimmy put it into stasis with the Force. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Nice job,” Kala said, impressed by the teamwork of the two. She proceeded to lead them uneventfully into the center of the cave, which was filled with many glowing crystal structures. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Now,” she began. “Call a crystal to you.” [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom and Jimmy did so, and two colorless crystals flew towards them, which they caught. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Good,” Kala said. “Now, open yourselves to the Force, and allow your bodies to be conduits; let the Force flow from you into the crystal as you focus on you, and only you.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom and Jimmy closed their eyes and meditated on themselves; their pasts, their futures, their strengths, their weaknesses, all of their being flowed into the crystals. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When it was done, Tom's crystal was blue, while Jimmy's was green, the exact same green as Kala's.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala smiled. “Excellent. Let's get back to the enclave.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The three left the structures, Tom and Jimmy marveling at their crystals as they passed by the still frozen kinrath. They went inside Kala's speeder and went for the enclave. When they got there, Kala said, “Inside each of your bunks is a chest filled with the parts necessary to build a lightsaber. This act must be done in complete solitude, as the saber is a reflection of its wielder.” [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom clutched his crystal. “Well, good luck then, Jimmy.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You too, Tom.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The two entered their separate bunks, and for two days straight built their weapons. When the two emerged, they both looked slightly disappointed.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“My hilt looks kind of...clunky,” Tom said sadly.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Mine too,” Jimmy said.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Don't worry, that's to be expected,” Kala said soothingly. “It's where the final step comes in. You must use the Force to make all the separate parts of the saber one single part.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh,” Tom said. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]With deep breaths, the two Jedi students nodded at each other and pressed their activation studs, letting the Force flow from them into their hilts. Within a minute, two 133 centimeter blades emerged from Tom and Jimmy's hands, Tom's blue, Jimmy's green.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom and Jimmy smiled at each other, a smile of excitement, relief, and a little exhaustion. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You've both learned well, and while a Jedi never stops learning, you've learned all I can teach you,” Kala said with pride.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom and Jimmy bowed respectfully at Kala. She bowed in turn. “Now that you're Jedi,” she continued, “you deserve to wear the attire of one.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]She sped away from them, and returned with two more chests hovering behind her. She gently placed them into the hands of the two. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Jedi robes,” she explained. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Nice!” Tom exclaimed. He and Jimmy took their robes back into their respective bunks, and they emerged, both wearing cream-colored tunics, knee high brown boots, a utility belt with their lightsabers clipped to it, and brown robes. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala smiled. “Well, the look certainly fits you,” she said. “You are now, officially, Jedi.”[/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Fifteen[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In her bunk, Kala meditated, trying to determine the future for her young Jedi...her friends. Instead, she received a vision of a figure glowing with a blood-red aura: a Sith. He wore an armored breastplate, a full body glove, shin guards and arms guards. His black hair was shaved, and he had a goatee much like Sev's. Through the vision, he stared at her with charcoal red-and-yellow eyes, and smiled menacingly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]A beep from her comm station snapped her out of the vision, much to her thanks. She had no idea who the Sith was in her vision, had no idea if he was even real, but she wondered if the vision had continued something bad would happen. She put aside her fears and answered the comm, and a mini-holo of Sev appeared. When he saw her, he smiled warmly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Hello Kala,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Hello Sev,” she said, returning his smile. “It's been some time.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“That it has, old friend,” he agreed. “How have you been?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“All right, I suppose,” Kala answered, biting her lower lip. “How have you been?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“The same,” Sev replied. “Justin and Colin have exceeded our expectations. All ready they're among the best in the army, in part due to the modifications we gave them, which had some curious side-effects. Justin can see mines where they're buried, and has an incredibly high pain threshold. And Colin, aside from his invisibility, has an amazingly keen eye, and can practically speak to computers.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Interesting,” Kala muttered. “I'm guessing that the chemicals given to them reacted with the midichlorians on some level to give them these abilities.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Whatever the reason, I'm not complaining,” Sev laughed. “What about Tom and Jimmy? How're they doing?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Quite well, I'd say,” Kala answered. “They've learned all I could teach them, and they're both very competent. A year ago they ended a civil war by themselves without a single blaster being fired, and they didn't even have lightsabers yet!”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev nodded, impressed. “Should I bring the Warhammer by to pick you up?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yes, please,” Kala said. Sev nodded, and was about to sign off when Kala remembered what she wanted to ask him. “Oh, Sev, did you build the starfighters for Tom and Jimmy?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev again nodded. “Exactly to your specifications: modeled after the Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptors from the days of the Old Republic, but with a number of modifications, including built-in hyperdrives and proton torpedoes.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Very good, Sev,” Kala said gratefully. “Thank you.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“It was no problem, Kala,” Sev replied. “We'll be at Dantooine in two days, assuming we don't run into trouble.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Right,” Kala said. “It will be good to see you again, brother.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You too, sister,” Sev said, and cut off the transmission.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala leaned back in her chair and sighed when she sensed Jimmy's presence. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Turning around, she saw him walk in. “Yes, Jimmy?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Hey Kala,” he said. “I'm just bored, since Tom's tinkering with R6.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I see,” Kala said. Afterwards, the two sat in awkward silence for a good six minutes, which Kala broke by asking, “Was I a good teacher? Be honest.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yeah!” Jimmy exclaimed. “You were the best I ever had (aside from this guy who looked like a viking, but that's beside the point). Why do you ask?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala shrugged. “Well, as you know, I'm only twenty-four, and I'm only a Jedi Master because of necessity, not because of my skill. I had only just become a Knight when the war started., and even then I wasn't entirely sure I deserved the title. And even worse is that I've devoted myself entirely to the Jedi, not leaving much room for me to be, well, me.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You were a great teacher,” Jimmy said again firmly, to reassure her.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala smiled. “You're just saying that because you love me.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy gulped. “You...you went into my head to get that, didn't you?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala laughed. “Sorry, Jimmy, but I didn't need to. It's pretty obvious from the way you look at me.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy blushed. “Well, can you blame me? You're intelligent, beautiful, funny...”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala walked over to him and put a finger to his lips. “The why doesn't matter,” she whispered before moving her finger and kissing him. Putting his arms around her, he kissed her back.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In his bunk, as R6 was telling him about the Battle of Bakura, Tom smiled, as he sensed love in its purest form.[/FONT]​

I'll give you this, I hate Professor Yes more than either of you.

Mary Sue? :csad:

MARY SUE!!!!!!? :mad:

Seriously it's been done a million billion trillion gillion times

Sixteen

The Warhammer descended on Dantooine, landing in the spaceport that the Galactic Union had there. After all landing procedures were complete, Sev, Justin, and Colin left the ship. Colin and Justin were wearing armor created from stolen Sith plans. In that effect, the designs between the Sith and Union armors were the same: light but durable armor plates covering the whole body that could lessen blaster fire impact, maintained by a fusion pack on their backs. While the Sith variant of the armor was black and red, the variant that Justin and Colin wore was navy blue and gray. Sev also wore this armor, but it was underneath his military uniform, decorated with his many honors.

Sev acquired a speeder from a clerk who, with a wink, told him that Kala, Tom, and Jimmy were at the Jedi Enclave towards the East. Slightly taken aback by the wink, Sev thanked her, led Colin and Justin into the speeder, and then drove towards the Enclave. When they arrived, the three were already there, and they were all dressed in matching Jedi robes. Sev heard Justin gasp, and Colin mutter “Awesome,” and he smiled.

Getting out of the speeder, he walked over to Kala and took her hand. Meanwhile, Colin and Justin went to Tom and Jimmy, and the four friends began to catch up.

“You look older,” Sev told Kala.

Kala grinned. “So do you,” she said, touching towards the streak of gray in his hair, odd for a man only in his early thirties.

“Yeah, well, the war's been tough,” Sev said darkly. “Particularly without you.”

“I see,” Kala said. “But you know Jedi weren't meant to be soldiers.”

“I know, I know,” Sev said. “But there have been more Sith Acolyte's as of late, and there have been rumors that Drakos has a new Apprentice.”

Kala remembered her vision from the previous night, but said nothing of it. Instead, seeing that her friend was tense, she asked, “What's going on?”

Sev sighed. “Halfway here, we received a distress call from Shavaar. The Hawk-Bats have taken most, if not all, of the children of the Skavaab District.”

Kala's eyes widened, and she was about to say swear, but then an idea hit her. Using a Jedi relaxation technique, she calmed down and said, “This would be a perfect mission for Katana Team.”

Sev looked puzzled. “Who...?” Then he caught on. “You mean the four? Do you think they're ready?” As he asked this, he looked over at the four, and overheard Colin asking, “So...can I hold one of your lightsabers?”

“I know Tom and Jimmy are,” Kala said with pride. “What about Colin and Justin.”

“They're as ready as they can be,” Sev said, also with pride. “You're right, Kala. They're perfect.”

In The Warhammer's armory, Justin armed himself with an assault rifle with a 2x scope, twin repeating pistols, and a vibroknife. Colin slung a sniper rifle on his back, strapped a pistol to his right leg, and a vibroknife to his left leg. Tom and Jimmy, meanwhile, inspected their lightsabers, making sure they were in proper order. They were. As the four prepared to head to the bridge for final words with Sev and Kala, each of them picked up a cylinder of mini-mines and attached them to their utility belts.

On the bridge, Kala and Sev stood before them. Sev, hands behind his back, said, “This is your first official mission together as a team, as you know. You know your objectives: infiltrate the Hawk-Bat base, rescue the children, and bring them back to Skavaab. Use whatever means necessary to complete the task.”

At this, Tom saw Colin give Justin a hard look, and sensed some anger on Colin's end, though he didn't know where it came from.

“Also,” Sev said, “since you are a team, you will need to be able to communicate with each other.” He motioned to an Ensign, who opened a case containing four white armbands. “These armbands contain comlinks that can be used for you to contact either The Warhammer or each other. Also, they contain built-in holoprojectors and grapple lines.”

The four strapped them on, and Colin immediately began toying with his, seeing if there was any way for him to improve it.

“Colin and Justin, your ships are waiting for you in the hanger,” Kala said. She looked at Tom and Jimmy. “For you two, we have recreated Jedi Starfighters used at the height of the Old Republic, and improved them.”

“What model?” Tom asked.

“The Eta-2 Actis class interceptor,” Kala said, and Jimmy sensed that she didn't expect Tom to know the model. Jimmy sure didn't. They were wrong.

Tom's eyes brightened. “You mean the interceptors that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker used in the Battle Over Coruscant?”

Kala's mouth dropped, barely noticeable. “Yes.” She put an end to her slight surprise and said, “Tom, yours is the red and black one. Though those are Sith colors, I remember you saying you were fond of the combination. In fact, this might prove useful, as Sith ships might think you are one of their number.”

Tom nodded enthusiastically and ran off to get R6. Kala turned to Jimmy and said, with a slight blush, “Yours is the green one.”

“Thanks, Kala,” Jimmy said. “I'll go get ready.”

“You be careful,” she said.

“I always am,” he replied with a smile, and then kissed her. She kissed him back, and when they were done she said, “May the Force be with you all.”

As Team Katana dropped out of hyperspace and headed towards the planet where their journey had begun, Justin said, over the ship-to-ship comm, “This is gonna be fun.”

“Just don't sacrifice any of us, or the children, to complete the mission,” Colin said darkly.

Jimmy sent Tom a surge of confusion, which Tom returned. They had no idea what Colin had meant.

“Right,” Justin said, a little uneasily. He piloted his ship next to Jimmy's. “So Jimmy,” he said, his eternal arrogance shining through, “I saw you kissing Kala.”

Tom sensed his fellow Jedi's happiness as he said, “I did. And your point is?”

Justin pushed his ship ahead of the others, leading the descent onto Shavaar. “I'm proud of you.”

Back aboard The Warhammer, Kala saw Sev going over data at a terminal. Looking over his shoulder, she asked, “What is it?”

“A week ago, there was a refugee freighter being attacked by the Sith. We saved the freighter, which was carrying Union weapons, and Colin was able to establish a partial hack into the ship's computer, where he learned the Sith were interested in the planet Ariu,” Sev explained.

“Really?” Kala asked, searching through her mind for any idea of Ariu's significance. She could think of nothing. “I'll search through the Jedi Databank that I copied at the start of the war. Maybe that will have some information.”

Sev nodded. “Good luck.”

As she turned to leave, Sev added, “So...you and Jimmy.”

Kala stopped and shook her head, amused. “Don't tell me you're gonna act like the overprotective big brother, Sev.”

“Hardly,” Sev said. “No, I'm happy for you. But let me ask you something: you're two Jedi, fighting a war. Do you think you two will work out?”

Kala nodded. “Yeah. In fact, I think things will be great.”

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Seventeen[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Katana Team landed near the Galactic Union base, and jumped out from their ships. As Tom got out, R6 prepared to jump out as well, but the Jedi stopped him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Sorry R6, but I need you to stay with the ship,” Tom said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]R6 moaned sadly, and beeped a quick reply. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Why? Because we need you to monitor the area, see if anyone comes after us. You're still part of the team, don't worry.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]R6 beeped a reluctant agreement, and Tom patted his dome. “Let's move,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Hold up,” Colin said. “I need to check something in the Union base. Be back in a second.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The second turned out to be five minutes, and when Colin returned, Jimmy asked, “What were you doing?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I downloaded schematics of the area from the base's central computer,” he explained, showing a holo of the map on his armband. He pointed at a structure to the south of the base. “There, that's the Hawk-Bat's lair.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy looked at it. “Looks like it's a twenty minute run from here. Though,” he added, “I doubt we'll need to run.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Why?” Justin asked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Because six Hawk-Bats are riding towards us on speeder bikes, and they're coming to kill us,” Tom said calmly. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin and Colin turned around, and saw that Tom and Jimmy were right. Justin turned to his Jedi friends. “Can't you use the Jedi Mind Trick on them, to get them to lay off?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy shook his head. “We're not powerful enough to affect multiple minds at once yet.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh damn it,” Justin said, releasing his rifle. He looked through the scope and shot four of the six Hawk-Bats off of their bikes. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Colin took out his pistol and shot another Hawk-Bat's fuel tank, destroying that bike and the bike (and its rider) next to it. He looked at an impressed Jimmy and Tom, the latter who said, “Told you we wouldn't have to run.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Eight standard minutes later, the four arrived at a cliff that overlooked the Hawk-Bat base, which was a series of large interconnected metal huts. As Justin and Colin scanned the area, Tom reached out with his consciousness to sense the children. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“The children are afraid,” he said quietly to Jimmy. “Terrified, even.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I can see why,” he said. Then he laughed. “You know, it's funny that even though I'm stronger in the Force, you're the one more in tune with others feelings.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“That's what we call irony,” Colin said from behind the two. “So the kids are definitely inside, Tom?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom nodded and unclipped his lightsaber. “And I'm gonna go rescue them.” He prepared to leap off of the cliff, but Jimmy put a hand on his shoulder. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Patience,” Jimmy said. With a sigh, Tom put his lightsaber away.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin walked to them. “There's only one entrance that I could see, and we're looking at it. It's guarded by six Hawk-Bats. Shouldn't be a problem.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I can take care of them,” Colin said and, with a grin, became invisible to the naked eye. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh I hate it when he shows off like this,” Justin said, rolling his eyes. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Using the Force (and, in Justin's case, the thermal detection mode of his replacement eye), the three watch Colin sneak up to a higher peak, get situated in a good sniper position, and, with six shots, kill the six guards.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When he returned grinning, Justin said, “Show-off.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You love it,” Colin retorted. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]With that, Colin and Justin shot their grapple lines and attached them to the central hut and swung down, while Tom and Jimmy glided down. Landing, they stepped over the corpses Colin had made (“Nice shooting,” Jimmy muttered) and prepared to enter the base, when, suddenly, a large durasteel door fell 0in front of them, blocking their path.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Can you hack it open?” Tom asked Colin.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Colin looked around briefly, then shook his head. “I'd need a terminal to hack in. I'm guessing this door, and others, are controlled from one on the inside.” He looked at Justin. “You're the demolitions expert, can you get us in?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin walked up to the door and examined it thoroughly before saying, “No. It's too thick, and even if we combined all of our explosives together, we'd barely dent it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Stand back, boys,” Jimmy said loudly as he approached the door. “I'll handle this.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<This is Jimmy showing off,> Tom said telepathically.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I heard that!” Jimmy yelled. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Making a squeezing motion with his hands, Jimmy dented the door, getting a mental “grip” on it. With a push motion, and a short grunt, he threw the door to the end of the newly revealed hallway, where it hit the wall with a loud CLANK.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Nice one,” Colin said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I know I said something like this before we landed,” Justin said, “but I have a good feeling about this.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]At that, a swarm of Hawk-Bats filled the hallway.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Scratch that,” Justin said. “I have a bad feeling about this.”[/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Eighteen[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]As the Hawk-Bats moved towards Katana Team, Tom let out a sardonic chuckle and activated his lightsaber. He stood in between the attackers and his friends and, determined, threw his lightsaber at them, guiding it with the Force as it cut down everyone in its path. Within fifteen seconds, there were fifteen bodies on the ground, all of them Hawk-Bats.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom caught his lightsaber, deactivated it, and clipped it to his belt as he turned to face his friends. Colin and Justin stared at him, both impressed and slightly scared.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I'm the Force muscle,” Jimmy said. “Tom is the literal muscle.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“That's a surprise,” Justin said. “Back on Earth, Tom was weak and pathetic looking. Now he's just pathetic looking, it would seem.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Without even looking at him, Tom used the Force to push Justin to the ground.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Ow!” he yelled from the floor. Getting up, he glared at Tom. “You'll pay for that.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I'd love to see you try something,” Tom said, nodding at his lightsaber.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Uh, guys?” Colin said. “As entertaining as this is, and believe me, it's [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]very[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] entertaining, we do have a mission to complete. Where are the kids, Tom?”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom closed his eyes and, using his empathetic powers, sensed the building. “I've got them,” he said, opening his eyes. “Follow me.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom led the way to a room containing the children, which also had a guard covering it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Not another one,” Colin said, preparing to go invisible. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Wait,” Jimmy said. “I'll take care of this.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Moving swiftly to the guard, Jimmy said, “Hi!”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]With a startled gasp, the guard lifted his blaster. Jimmy didn't flinch, but merely waved his hand subtly and said, “Open the door.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The guard lowered his weapon and said, “I'll open the door.” He followed up on his word, and when it opened Jimmy telekinetically threw the guard against the wall. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In the doorway, the children peeked out at Jimmy, some no older than two. He looked at them and saw the fear on their faces, the fear that Tom sensed. He had no idea what to say to calm them and assure them that he was going to help them.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sensing Jimmy's discomfort, Tom sent out a wave of confidence to Jimmy, and a wave of comfort to the children. Newly invigorated, Jimmy said, “It's okay, kids. Me and my friends are gonna get you out of here, okay?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The children nodded, and slowly the seventeen of them walked out, still a little confused as to what was going on. When they all filled the hallway, Colin wondered aloud, “Okay, how are we gonna get them home?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“When I was scouting the area earlier, I saw a large transport,” Justin said. “We could use that.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The others agreed, and as they led the children out, a dark-skinned girl asked with a squeaky voice, “Where's Gea?” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Who's Gea?” Colin asked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The oldest boy of the group, who looked about twelve, said, “Gea's a little Rodian girl, four years old. When the others were sleeping and I was watching over them, the leader came in, the one with the hair like yours,” he added, pointing at Tom, who blushed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“All right,” Justin said. “Tom and I will go save Gea; Colin and Jimmy, you get the kids home.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Solid plan,” Colin said with a smile. He started ushering the kids out.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Tom!” Jimmy called out. “May the Force be with you.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“And you, my friend,” Tom replied.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]* * *[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom and Justin crawled through the vents of the base, searching for the leader, Ripper. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You know,” Justin said irritably, “you could just sense for him.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I don't remember what his presence was like,” Tom replied.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I do,” Justin said. “He was arrogant, proud, and stupid. Sense for that.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“So I'd just be sensing you,” Tom replied, fighting a smile.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Very funny,” Justin said insincerely. “Just do it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Letting the smile come, Tom complied. His consciousness spread throughout the base, until he found a being glowing with all the traits Justin described. And he was directly below them, sleeping in his chair while a Rodian girl was trapped in a force cage.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom's eyes snapped open. “Below us, Gea and Ripper are below us.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin motioned to the bottom of the vent. “After you.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom pushed Justin back a few feet, and using his lightsaber cut the bottom of the vent off, catching it in mid-air before it hit the ground, and then lowered it gently.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The two jumped to the ground and landed silently. Tom made a “shh” motion at Gea, and said telepathically to Justin, <I'll get Gea, you get Ripper.> Justin nodded, understanding, and grinned as he unsheathed his vibroknife.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom glided over to Gea, his cloak flowing like a cape. With a reassuring smile and nod, he waved his hand to deactivate the force cage and threw Gea on his back. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Put her down,” a deep, cocky voice from behind him said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom turned to see Ripper, wide-awake, holding Justin, his own knife held against his throat.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Nineteen[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]After loading the children onto the transport and making sure they were safe, Colin told Jimmy about the mystery of Ariu. When he completed his tale, Jimmy tapped his chin thoughtfully.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;The name sounds familiar,&#8221; he said. He used the Force to go back into his memories, and was brought two years in the past, a short while after he'd begun his Jedi training. He was looking at a datapad on Force-sensitive planets, and the beach-world of Ariu stood out because the planet itself was a Force Nexus, and Jimmy remembered him and Tom saying that they'd go there one day.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The memory ended, and Jimmy gasped. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;What is it?&#8221; Colin asked, alarmed. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Ariu's a Force Nexus,&#8221; Jimmy said quickly. &#8220;I don't know exactly what the Sith plan to do with it, but I'm positive it has something to do with that.&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Colin prepared his wrist band to comm The Warhammer. Jimmy held up a hand. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;I'll do it.&#8221; With a deep breath, he let his thoughts go free and thought of his love. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<Kala...>[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In her chambers, Kala was searching through the Jedi databanks when she heard Jimmy call her name. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<Kala...Ariu's a Force Nexus...>[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]A jolt of memory hit her. Of course! Ariu was a powerful Force Nexus that many feared to use because of the possibility of the Force overwhelming them. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Concentrating on her love, she reached out.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<Jimmy...when the mission's done, go to Ariu...we'll send R6-D4 the coordinates...meet us there...>[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom stared down the other red-head, the one threatening his friend. He grinned at [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom, who looked at Justin helplessly. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Give me your lightsaber, Jedi,&#8221; Ripper said, and Tom could sense he felt perfectly in control of the situation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom took one last look at Justin, lowered Gea off of his back, and rolled the deactivated hilt to Ripper's foot.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;What are you doing, you idiot!?&#8221; Justin screamed. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom looked at Ripper, who eyed the hilt greedily. &#8220;Distracting Ripper.&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Upon hearing these words, Ripper said, &#8220;Huh?&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]With his left hand, Tom pushed Ripper back onto the cold hard floor, which caused him and dropping the knife; with his right hand, he brought Justin and his knife to him. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Nice one,&#8221; Justin said, rubbing his throat and accepting his knife back from Tom.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom was about to thank him when he sensed Ripper about to tackle him. A quick glance over his shoulder confirmed it. Falling into the Force, Tom rolled to the ground, called his lightsaber to has hand, activated it, and stabbed Ripper in the chest without looking. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Hawk-Bat leader looked down at the blue blade coming out of his chest. Looking from Justin to Tom, his last words were, &#8220;Well then.&#8221; And then he crumpled to the floor, a look of confusion still on his face.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom stood up as he clipped his saber to his belt. He turned to face Gea and Justin, both who look scared. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Remind me to never make you pissed when you have that thing,&#8221; Justin said.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Why?&#8221; Tom asked, genuinely confused. &#8220;Something wrong?&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Gea shook her head, but Justin's mind went back to the utter apathy on Tom's face when he killed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;No, nothing,&#8221; Justin finally said. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom could practically see the fear emanating off of them, and nervously said, [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Come on, let's get out of here.&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom and Justin exited the base, with Gea on Justin's back. He wasn't happy about this, but Gea had refused to go on Tom's back, so he had no choice.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They went to the transport, which looked ready to leave. Jimmy and Colin stood out there, leaning against it. They looked worried.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;What's wrong with you guys?&#8221; Justin asked.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Remember Ariu, Justin?&#8221; Colin asked. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin's eyes widened. &#8220;You figured out what it meant.&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Yeah,&#8221; Colin said.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Mind filling me in here?&#8221; Tom asked. &#8220;What's Ariu got to do with anything?&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Remember how we read that the planet was a Force Nexus?&#8221; Jimmy asked.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Yeah.&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Well, the Sith are interested in it,&#8221; Colin explained. &#8220;Kala and Sev are en route there now, and they said they'd send the coordinates of the planet to R6. As soon as we drop the kids off, we have to go.&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom nodded, and said, &#8220;Justin, bring Gea to the transport. Colin, get it ready. Jimmy-&#8221;[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]A ping! from his comm interrupted. He answered. &#8220;Yeah? R6, what's[/FONT]...oh you've got be kidding me. All right, get the ships ready, and program the coordinates into them. We'll be there as soon as we can. Out.&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;What is it?&#8221; Jimmy asked. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;After Kala sent R6 the coordinates, he used my fighters computer to monitor Ariu. He just got a distress signal from the planetary government. The Sith are attacking!&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Another ping! Came, this time from everyone's armbands. They all answered, and a miniature Sev head appeared on each of their arms. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Ariu's under attack,&#8221; Sev said briskly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;We know, sir, R6 informed us,&#8221; Colin said. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Well then you know what you have to do,&#8221; Sev continued, looking relieved that he didn't have to explain. &#8220;Meet The Warhammer behind Ariu's moon, and we'll brief you further. Meston out.&#8221;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]His holo winked out, and Katana Team looked at each other worriedly. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]&#8220;Let's hurry,&#8221; Jimmy said. &#8220;I'll drive.&#8221;[/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Twenty[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The four Katana Team starfighters dropped out of hyperspace, and before them was the blue planet Ariu, blockaded by hundreds of Sith War Spires, the command ships of the Sith Fleet. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh great,” Justin said. “We'll never be able to make it down there.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Always the pessimist,” Jimmy muttered. “Look!”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Out of hyperspace came a fleet of Galactic Union ships, all ready to engage the Sith in battle.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Come on, we have to get to the moon,” Jimmy said. “That's where The Warhammer supposed to be waiting for us.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Entering stealth mode and turning off all non-vital systems, Katana Team flew to the shadow of the moon where, true to their word, The Warhammer awaited them. They flew into the hanger bay and, after ensuring their ships were secure, ran up to the bridge. There, Sev and Kala watched the battle, with Kala shaking her head. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“They outnumber us three to one, Sev,” she was saying. “This is a suicide mission. We can't win.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“We don't have to win,” Sev said, turning to Katana Team, who stood at attention. “Not the space battle, anyway. It's just a distraction to keep the Sith from deploying any more troops so these four can accomplish their mission.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“So what's the deal, exactly?” Colin asked. “Sir,” he added.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev coughed. “Approximately seven hours ago, the Sith War Spires entered the planet and created the blockade you see before you. As soon as they were in position, they started sending down their troops and Acolytes, who are being led by Darth Drakos' new apprentice, Darth Brutos.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“There's a Sith Lord down there?” Tom asked, feeling his throat tighten.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yes, along with a squad of Acolytes and a legion of Sith Soldiers,” Kala said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]She pressed a series of commands in on the nearby terminal, and the viewscreen turned on. Displayed was the surface of Ariu, and the camera was shaky.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“This was the live feed from one of the soldiers that was part of the single team we sent down there to investigate, but not instigate,” Kala explained. The feed showed them walking to a temple, where a single cloaked figure stood, its hood up. With but the smallest of glances, he Force pushed the cameraman onto the ground and proceeded to zap him with Force Lightning, which ended the transmission.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom and Jimmy stood rigid. They hadn't faced other Force users in battle before, and though they both believed they could take Acolytes, this Darth Brutos would be a challenge. Colin and Justin were also scared, because, as they were not Jedi, they had little chance of standing against a Sith Lord and succeeding.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev, noticing the worry on their faces, said, “Your concern shouldn't be about Brutos. He isn't the objective. Apparently the information was wrong. Ariu itself [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]isn't a Force Nexus, but rather the capital city of Ariuk is.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“The temple where you saw Brutos is a connection to the Nexus,” Kala continued. “If you destroy the temple, you destroy the Sith's chances of you using it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“But also ours,” Tom said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Better nobody to have it than the Sith, right?” Colin said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Good point.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You have fifteen minutes to prepare,” Sev said, looking fondly on the boys. No, men, for that's what they now were, in experience if not age.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Katana Team saluted and went to ready themselves. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<Wait Jimmy,> Kala said to him telepathically. He obeyed, and she caught up with him. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What is it?” he asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]She played with her tongue in her mouth, and then kissed him, the most passionate kiss he'd ever received. When they broke apart, a stunned Jimmy asked, “What was that for?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala smiled a bittersweet smile. “For luck,” was all she said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy smiled back. “I don't need luck, Kala. As long as I know you're here for me, waiting, I'll come back. I promise.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala felt tears come to her eyes. That was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to her. “I love you,” she said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy smirked. “I know.”[/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Twenty-One[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Exiting The Warhammer at top speed, Katana Team entered the hectic battle over Ariu.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]R6 beeped something to Tom, and his on-board computer translated it for him, since he couldn't hear the droid over the battle. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“R6 says we're being followed!” Tom yelled over the comm. He reached out with the Force and saw six Sith fighters trailing them. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Let's stop that, shall we?” Justin said. He pressed a command in and dropped a space mine. “Tell me when, Tom.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom could barely concentrate on dodging the stray fire, but he still complied with Justin's wish. He waited for the Sith to get in the radius of the mine...“NOW!” he screamed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin pressed a button, blowing the mine and destroying three of the six attack craft.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Nice one,” Colin said. “But there's still three too many following us!” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Follow my lead,” Jimmy said...just as he dove into a firefight between a Union Warship and a Sith War Spire. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Okay, it's official,” Colin said frantically. “Jimmy's crazy.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“No...I see what he's doing,” Tom said, following Jimmy's lead.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Colin opened a private comm to Justin. “Okay, they're both crazy.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Must be the Force thing,” Justin said. “But hey, it's never let us down before.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin then followed the two Jedi. Colin sighed and followed suit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Through deft maneuvering, Katana Team managed to weave in through the blaster fire and come out safely. The Sith ships that were following them, however, didn't.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Boo ya,” Jimmy said triumphantly.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Don't get cocky,” Tom warned. “We still need to land.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Katana Team broke atmosphere and landed safely on one of the planet's beaches. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Unfortunately for them, it was a beach already inhabited by Sith Soldiers. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Wordlessly, Katana Team jumped out of their fighters. In mid-air, Tom and Jimmy [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]activated their lightsabers, so when they landed they began to cut down the nearest troops.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Colin and Justin, meanwhile, took out their rifles and eliminated the farthest Sith approaching. However, some Sith were shooting too close for comfort, so Jimmy leaped between them and started deflecting the enemies blaster fire back at them, killing them. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]A Sith threw a grenade at Justin, Jimmy, and Colin, just as Tom decapitated a soldier. Just as Kala had done all those years ago, he caught the grenade in mid-air and[/FONT] threw it into the sky to let it explode harmlessly. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“So those were Sith Soldiers in action,” Justin said. “They weren't so tough.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“They were pretty precise,” Tom said. “I'm pretty sure that against normal soldiers they'd seem terrifying.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Like your face?” Justin asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom ignited his lightsaber, and Justin's eyes widened. “Hey, it was just a joke,” he stammered.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Shut up!” Tom hissed. He looked at Jimmy. “Do you sense that?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin turned to see Jimmy's green blade also extended. “Yeah, but where are they?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What's going on?” Colin asked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I'm confused,” Justin added. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Suddenly, two Acolytes wearing black versions of Tom and Jimmy's robes appeared, both with ignited red lightsabers. Both were pale men with shaved heads, and both looked eager to kill. They leaped at Justin, but were thrown back by a Force Push from Jimmy. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom, meanwhile, began to duel the other, with the other being the clear aggressor. Tom could only defend himself from each consecutive blow, and couldn't counterattack. The blade slashed at Tom's head, and he ducked in time to avoid being decapitated, and, taking the oppurtunity, he stabbed the Acolyte in the stomach. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy, meanwhile, was engaged in a saber-lock with his opponent. Neither of the two could separate their blades from the other. Noticing the fallen Acolyte's lightsaber, Jimmy activated it using the Force and threw it at his enemies back, slashing him diagonally. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Aggh!” he screamed, his hateful eyes shut in pain. Jimmy cut him in two with a swift horizontal slash, ending his screams. He deactivated his lightsaber and clipped it to his belt and walked to Justin and Colin, both whose eyes were widened. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Okay,” Colin said. “We're definitely never pissing you off ever again.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I'll hold you to that,” Tom said, walking towards them, though his blade was still lit. “What'd you think Jimmy?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“They were skilled, but relied too much on their blades and not enough on the Force, save for the enhanced reflexes and precognition the Force grants,” Jimmy said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yeah, I noticed that too,” Tom said, frowning. “Maybe Darth Drakos has limited their use of the Force to just that.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Then how do you explain Darth Brutos using telekinesis and lightning on the team?” Justin asked, sick of his voice not being heard.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Maybe Drakos only allows his apprentice to learn, and use, Force powers,” Jimmy speculated. “Or maybe those two acolytes just plain sucked. Either way, we're wasting time. We need to destroy that temple.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Hopefully Brutos is gone,” Tom said, wincing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You're scared?” Justin asked, only slightly mockingly. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom snorted. “It's not that. It's this planet. Ever since we landed, I've felt a familiar feeling, but warped. Twisted. I don't know, but I wouldn't want to fight a Sith Lord under these conditions.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin put a hand on his shoulder. “Well, I can only give you this advice: man up.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Katana Team moved on.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Twenty-Two[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Aboard The Warhammer, Kala suddenly had a bad feeling about Katana Team's mission. She sensed it would end in death. She looked out the window at the peaceful looking planet, sensing the horrors that were being committed down there. She could sense the fear of the people, those who had no idea what was going on. She also sensed Katana Team, and their desire to see the mission to the end. That caused her to realize she couldn't just stand in space and hope for the best. She had to help.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Sev,” she called. “Ready my fighter. I'm going down there.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev looked at her sharply. “Why?” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Because I need to help down there,” she said, her lekku twitching irritably. “I sent down two Jedi, including the man I love, to save a planet, but I should have gone with them. Because I'm a Jedi.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sev looked at her as if she had two heads, but then nodded. Having known her for most of their lives, he knew how stubborn she could be. Not very Jedi-like, but some things are just nature. He keyed the ship's comm.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Orderlies, ready Master Silphos' starfighter for take-off in ten minutes time.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Kala smirked.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]On Ariu, Katana Team made their way to the temple. This was the endgame. As they began to approach it, Tom held up a hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What is it?” Justin asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Brutos is in there,” Tom said, feeling a little nauseous. The warped, familiar feeling was stronger now then ever before. He looked over at Jimmy, and asked telepathically, <What do you think?>[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<I feel something like that now, too. Though I sense it's not as bad as yours,> he replied, with the telepathic equivalent of a shrug.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What do we do?” Colin asked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin surveyed the temple, using the multiple vision filters in his eyes to make as many observations as possible. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“The temple's filled with Sith Soldiers and Acolytes,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“And they're all filled with a desire to kill,” Jimmy said. “I can sense it.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“So what do we do?” Colin asked again.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom thought. “Well, there's no way you can take Darth Brutos. He'd chop you into tiny little pieces.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Hey!” Justin said, offended at this claim against his abilities.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Think about it,” Tom said coolly. “He's a Sith Lord, who killed multiple Galactic Union soldiers. While you and Colin are no doubt skilled, and possibly better than these soldiers, the fact of the matter is this: you aren't strong enough to handle him. So here's the plan. Jimmy and I will go confront this Darth Brutos and distract him from you two, who will figure out how to destroy this temple.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Colin and Justin looked at each other. “Sounds like a plan,” Colin said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yeah,” Justin agreed. “We'll keep in touch if anything goes wrong.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Make sure it's only in an emergency,” Jimmy said. “We don't want our comm's to go off in the middle of a lightsaber duel.”[/FONT] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You're expecting one, then?” Colin said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh yeah,” Tom said. “There's no doubt.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]There was silence between the Jedi and the soldiers. “Well then,” Jimmy said. “May the Force be with you.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yeah, good luck you two,” Colin said. “Try not to die.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“If anyone kills you, it's me,” Justin said with a wink. Tom and Jimmy laughed, and then sped off towards Brutos, firm resolve in their hearts. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They arrived at the temple's main entrance, which was a large room without a ceiling that had a large window that overlooked one of the beaches. Corpses of Galactic Union soldiers filled the room, and Jimmy had to use the Force to keep from getting sick. Tom, however, paid no mind to the bodies. His eyes were focused on the black cloaked figure whose back was to them, looking out the window. Tom could sense the Dark Side radiating off of him, and using his Force Sight saw him cloaked in red. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When Jimmy was done feeling sick, he looked at Brutos along with Tom. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Darth Brutos,” Tom growled. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Wordlessly, the Sith Lord turned to face the two Jedi. His hood was up, so Tom and Jimmy could not see his face, save for his glowing sulfur colored eyes. He was Tom's height, wore a loose, full body leather jumpsuit, which a chest plate that covered his whole upper torso. On this chest plate was a symbol, that of a pyramid, which Tom and Jimmy knew to be a shape worshiped by the Sith. On his legs and arms he wore guards, much like Darth Vader had. His large black cape flowed with the gentle breeze.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Again not saying anything, Brutos reach behind him and took out a large metallic looking stick. Tom's eyes widened when he realized what it was. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh Sith spit,” he muttered as two red blades appeared at each end of the stick; Brutos used a double-bladed lightsaber.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]With just the tiniest of glances, Tom and Jimmy summoned their hilts to their hands. Brutos put his saberstaff in a vertical position, an ancient salute, and sketched a circle around him, never taking his eyes off of the Jedi. Though he said nothing, through the Force his message was clear. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<Come and get me.>[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Out of the Jedi's hands came two blades; one blue, one green. The three stared at each other for a long moment, the only sound being that of the wind. And then, all at once, they attacked. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Twenty-Three[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Colin and Justin trekked their way through the temple, killing any of the soldiers that got in their path. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You know, I'm surprised we haven't met any other Sith Acolytes,” Justin said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Don't say that,” Colin said darkly. “With our luck, a whole group of them would appear now just because you said that.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Ah great,” Justin groaned, seeing a squad of Sith Soldiers running towards them. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]He took out his sidearm. “You take the five on the left, I'll take the five on right.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Better idea,” Colin said. He looked up at a nearby tower, grinned at Justin, and launched his grapple line up at the tower. He swung in through a hole and, Justin noticed, got into his sniping position. He smiled and threw a mini-mine at the group, though he knew it wouldn't do much damage. He just needed to buy Colin some time to set up.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The mine exploded, felling one of the soldiers and injuring another. Still, those who could move did, and they started firing once they got out of the smoke. Justin fired back, rolling around to dodge the bolts fired at him and shooting whenever he had a good shot. With a few shots he was able to kill three more soldiers, one of them being the one who had earlier been injured. Still, that left six running towards him, all desiring his blood, and he wasn't ready to sate their need.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]He took out his vibroknife and threw it at the helmet of one of the soldiers, killing that one. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Okay Colin,” he muttered. “I got my five...”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]As the Sith came within the reach of a lightsaber, they were all shot dead with a mere five shots. Knowing who was responsible, Justin activated his comm and said, “About time.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Oh suck it,” Colin said, and he descended from the tower to land next to Justin. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“I got the job done, didn't I?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yeah, yeah. Come on, we need to figure out how exactly we're gonna blow this place.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The two soldiers moved into the central chamber through an alternate route, and heard the clashing of lightsaber blades. They looked at each other with concern, but banished it from their minds. Both knew that Tom and Jimmy could handle themselves, having seen it first hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin looked around, trying to figure out how best to destroy the temple. When he was done, he sighed. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“We don't have enough explosives to level the place, do we?” Colin asked, sounding defeated. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Not at all,” Justin said. “This stone is at least three times as hard as durasteel. We'd need enough explosives to fill The Warhammer to even dent this place.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Damn,” Colin said. “So what do we do?”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Justin crossed his arms, thinking. Finally, he said, “What's necessary.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Colin looked at him oddly as he keyed his comm. “This is Colonel Justin Rosenbaum, sending this to all available fighters. I'm calling for a widespread bombing of the city Ariuk. All available fighters, respond asap. Rosenbaum out.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When he deactivated his comm, Justin looked up at Colin, who lunged at him and threw him to the ground, choking him.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You idiot! Why would you do that? You're gonna sacrifice the whole city, civilians included, to stop the Sith...just like you said you would.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Taking advantage of Colin's realization, Justin punched him in the stomach and threw him off of him. “I said I'm doing what's necessary, so that's what I'm doing.” His comm beeped. “Rosenbaum,” he answered. “Ah, Captain Var. Good, good. Actually, this is the best news I've heard in a while. Thank you, Captain. Out.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“What was that about?” Colin asked, rubbing his stomach.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Captain Var, head of Zero Squadron have answered my call,” Justin said. “He said that the squad will be down here in an hour. That should give us time to evacuate the city.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You think an hour will be enough time to get the entire population of Ariuk out of here?” Colin asked disbelievingly. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“The city isn't that populated,” Justin explained. “While it is huge, the city's filled with maybe one thousand civilians.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Still,” Colin said. “It will take time.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Then get to it,” Justin said. “I'll go warn Tom and Jimmy, you acquire a transport and get them out of the city.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Fine,” Colin said bitterly, clearly not pleased that Justin was destroying a city.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“The greater good,” Justin said quietly, knowing what Colin was thinking.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yeah,” Colin whispered. “The greater good.”[/FONT]​

Twenty-Four
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The battle with Darth Brutos was fast and furious, Tom noted as he dueled the Sith Lord. The Sith Acolytes hadn't been a tenth as powerful as Brutos was, and even with Jimmy at his side, the battle was barely evenly matched. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom slashed at Brutos' head, but he ducked and made a stab at Tom while simultaneously parrying a downwards strike made by Jimmy. Tom twirled out of the way of the stab and kicked Brutos in the chin, knocking him back. Jimmy took advantage of his momentary disorientation and Force Pushed him. Surprisingly, Brutos absorbed the Force Push and, using the energy that it gave him, charged at Jimmy, twirling his blade above his head. Tom threw his lightsaber at Brutos' back, but without looking Brutos knocked the lightsaber out of the air with a slash from his own sword. Tom rolled and caught it just in tom to block a strike aimed [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]at his head.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy temporarily disabled his lightsaber and telekinetically grabbed Brutos and throwing him outside onto the beach. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Even as he fell, Brutos said nothing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy ran over to Tom's side. “You okay?”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom nodded. “He's good. Strong in the dark side, and full of hatred.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yeah,” Jimmy agreed. “But we can stop him, right?”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom closed his eyes. Truth be told, the nausea he'd felt was at it's highest, and that was making him weaker, slower. He entered a quick healing trance, and when he was done said, “Yeah, we can stop him.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]He nodded at Jimmy's lightsaber, which levitated in front of him. Jimmy smiled and grabbed it out of the air, igniting it with his mind. The two Jedi leaped out of the hole where the window once was, shattering any shards that might have cut them. When they landed, Brutos was no where in sight. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]<Where is he?> Jimmy asked telepathically.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]He was answered by a yell from above him; Brutos had managed to cling onto the wall above the window, and was now jumping towards the two. They rolled away just in time to dodge him, and Tom Force Pushed him towards Jimmy, who went to stab him. Before he could finished the motion, Brutos threw his saberstaff into one hand, sidestepped, and caught Jimmy by the wrists. With a quick twist, he broke them, causing Jimmy's saber to fall to the ground and Jimmy himself to cry out in agony. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy's screams were quickly silenced by a punch to the stomach, which sent the young Jedi to his knees. As he sat there in pain, Brutos sliced at his neck, ready to separate it from his body...[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Only to be stopped by Jimmy's green blade. The cloaked Sith looked down at Jimmy in wonder, and despite his pain Jimmy grinned up at him. Brutos' eyes narrowed as he realized Jimmy was still in the duel, using the Force to control his lightsaber. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy's lightsaber on its own was faster than Jimmy usually was, but it lacked the finesse that comes from a Jedi dueling. Brutos shot a burst of lightning at the hilt, knocking it out of the air. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom called it to him and put the two sabers, one green, one blue, in a Jar'Kai defensive 'X' across his chest. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Brutos left Jimmy and ran to Tom, and the two dueled. Brutos tried using his hilt to hit Tom's chin and knock him off balance, but thanks to Tom's enhanced agility, he was able to bend back to dodge the stab aimed for his stomach. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Still bent back, he cut Brutos' saberstaff in two, thinking that it would give Tom a two blade-one blade advantage. As he stood up in normal position, however, he was mistaken. Brutos, instead of holding a single saberstaff, now held two lightsabers, beams of red coming from each of his hands. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom jumped at him, and the blades of the duelists clashed with fierce intensity. Tom ducked a chop at his head, and chopped at his opponents' legs, which he dodged with a leap over Tom. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom stood and looked behind him, just in time to see Brutos throw one of his blades at Jimmy, who was still on his knees, and in a healing trance, unaware that the blade was coming for him. With a grunt, Tom threw Jimmy's blade at Brutos', and both hilts fell to the ground. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Now both fighter had only one blade each, and as such the fight became that much more intense. Each attack was blocked by a parry from the other until, finally, using the angle granted to him, Tom knocked Brutos' saber out of his hand and, as it fell, cut it into seven different pieces.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Try using it now,” Tom growled, punching Brutos in the face, which sent him to the ground. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tom casually walked over to him, only to be hit from behind with a rock from the beach. A big rock.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Agh! Tom said, falling to the ground and his lightsaber rolling out of his hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Brutos stood up and walked over to him, still not saying a word. Still, Tom could sense his glee as he hurled Force lightning at him, which burned his body and strained his muscles. He screamed out in pain until, finally, the pain ceased. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Weakened, he looked to find Brutos back on the ground, and Jimmy standing beside Tom, arms outstretched. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jimmy helped Tom up, and waved away the smoke coming off of his robes. “You all right?”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You've got to stop saving me,” Tom said lightly. “Soon I'm gonna owe you a planet.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“You owe me one now as it is, that's twice I've saved you within the past hour,” Jimmy chuckled. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“How're your wrists?” Tom asked.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Still sore, but it doesn't hurt to turn them,” Jimmy said. “Gotta love the Force.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“Yeah,” Tom said. “Come on, let's end this.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]They walked over to Brutos, who was standing up. As he did so, his hood fell, and from behind Tom and Jimmy could see that he had shaved black hair. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]“It's over, Brutos,” Tom said. “Come with us willingly, and we won't kill you.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Brutos turned, and for the first time they could see his face. He had short black hair, as previously observed, a black patch on his chin, sulfuric eyes, and a manic smile that would scare anyone away. It was because he looked like this that Tom and Jimmy gasped.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Darth Brutos was their old friend, Luke Allen. [/FONT]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"