State your opinion a character - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Scarlet Spider wasn't all that great. But I liked Ben as Spider-Man.

put on some *white bed sheets, gloves with spikes on em and proceed to beat the ever loving &^%$# out of bad guys!! what else?!?:cwink:
detail.jpg

Oh, you do that too..?

I've found that so long as I stay clear of black on black crime I'm ok...

I liked the Spidey costume they gave Reilly (Better than the classic costume actually), but yeah, I hate clones (just like I hate LMDs).
Anyways, for a change-up, doing a group again...

Young Avengers
Young_Avengers.jpg

The Young Avengers are most interesting with Iron Lad for obvious reasons. Still like them without him though.

Yeah, I like em too.

Too bad there isn't anywhere near enough material on them to go around. F**kin' (Whatever the hell the writer that created the teams name is that I completely forgot due to his chronic lateness and general disinterest in finishing what he f**king started. :argh:) made sure of that. :o

Last edited:
totally dug the YA!! they rocked! a real good assortment of " real" characters instead of just a bunch of kids with similar costumes and names! my favorite was Patriot( and no it wasnt cause he was a brother) but dug that whole steroid thing trying to live up to the rest with powers!Vision 5.0( or whaztever # he was) was my least. there's only one vision and he aint him , but that was an awesome rocking book!

Mostly lukewarm reaction for the Young Avengers. Moving on.
Poochie, I mean....

Red Hulk
red_hulk.jpg

I actually really enjoyed this character a lot. Loved that the Gabriel Hardman image was used because that's what got me to pick this book up. Loved that Parker/Hardman run on the Hulk book. The premise seems silly with who the Red Hulk turns out to be but Parker has really done a good job of turning this guy out to be someone you are actually rooting for. However, I dropped this book after Hardman left.

Some big love from some of you for Moon Knight. Like, to the point where I worry what Vulcan does when he reads MK's comics ;). Myself, I haven't read much with him but I recently got his whole run w Finch, so I'm lookin forward to reading it.

On to the next one. With the new version of him launching soon, let's go with the ever controversial...

Scarlet Spider
ScarletSpider.png

(feel free to talk about the original or the new one they're doing)

I like Scarlet Spider. Ben Reilly never should have been killed off, in my opinion. He could have been the "young, hip Spider-Man" that Marvel wanted in recent years without compromising Peter's character growth.

I like Scarlet Spider. Ben Reilly never should have been killed off, in my opinion. He could have been the "young, hip Spider-Man" that Marvel wanted in recent years without compromising Peter's character growth.

Yeah, could've, would've, should've. However, the fans at that time, and even most today, felt like their childhood had been raped because the "Peter they had been reading for years was a clone". :oldrazz:

Technically, you can blame them for One More Day. :cwink:

Rulk
*The sorriest suckest ass character, Macsuckiest, suckiest,Planet of the suckiest, Captain Sucky, most suckiest character, Lancesuckalot, Alvin and the suckmunks suckiest character i have seen since i have reading comics all these years.... oh and did i mention i think he SUCKS!!
hehe:cwink:

the fans at that time, and even most today, felt like their childhood had been raped because the "Peter they had been reading for years was a clone". :oldrazz:
well i think Marvel could have at least bought me a Macdonald's Happy- meal before hand!hehe

*next to the Sentry though

F**k Rulk. They're doing a lot with him that they never did and should have done with Hulk, namely being an Avenger and doing heroic things.

Rulk would've been so much cooler if it had been Talbot returning from the dead instead of General Ross.

They're doing a lot with him that they never did and should have done with Hulk, namely being an Avenger and doing heroic things.
YEP!
And Spideyinatree is right too, Hardman's art for Hulk was awesome!

No opinion, don't know anything about him except he's apparently Ross. And Ross was always an ass.

Red Hulk (who really needs a name other than "Red Hulk" at this point) actually turned a corner and became an interesting character under Jeff Parker. He turned from just an obnoxious "f*** you" counterpoint to all things Hulk into a genuinely intriguing man finally realizing he had to stop blaming all his problems on someone else and start working on redeeming himself and getting back to the honorable man he once was. He's like a Hulk version of what Wolverine used to be back when he was a good character.

i never really liked spiderman. his suits look cool, but i just don't care about him. whenever there is a crossover event i loathe reading the spiderman ones, but do flip through them just in case.

Rulk only deserves one word. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"