• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

State Your Opinion on A Character - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't even know wtf you're talking about.

Tetch is the one and only.

I kinda want to dig Mad but i really dont,the dude dont have anything going for him! a 13 old girl could probably beat his ass in fisticuffs! He doent have like a cool henchwoman dressed as Alice with latex and garters... uh *ahem* anyways! All the other Psychos bats have ,they kinda have their own "ok! that's hella crazy, but cool" thing going on. So my boy has a Lewis Carrol fetish going on!!okayyy so what. He lacks that "je ne sais quoi" ( that certain something like hot henchwomen Hehe) and thus he kinda sucks!!

I'd say the hat fetish and kidnapping of chicks with mind control and forcing them to play tea party and games of find the bennie is that thing that kinda puts him into the "That's hella crazy, but cool" club.

I'd say the hat fetish and kidnapping of chicks with mind control and forcing them to play tea party and games of find the bennie
*well yeah!! you cant go wrong doing that?!?!:cwink:

On BTAS that dude was the man!! but in the comics he kinda just another crazy mofo for bats to round up.if you are going to be doing stuff like that you should work out abit( so's not a good stiff wind will knock your ass over) or once again have a henchwoman! i have to take in all aspects just not BTAS where everybody and their moms were pretty much the bomb on that show! oh dog headed god of the dead!

* note BlackVulcan doesnt condone the making or dressing up of chicks to have tea parties buuuut it does sound like FUN! haha

I'd say you don't really need to be a martial arts master where all you really got to do is throw a few dozen mind control randoms at people dressed like Louie Carrol characters. :o

dont take everything so literal oh god of death. you know Riddler would get his ass kicked in a fight. so would Joker, but joker unpredictable, Riddler would be too smart to dirty his hands and yes Hatter would send some mind control puppets your way.
Thats whats wrong with dude!in a town and with everybody's crazy as hell you gotta have more than dressing chicks up to play patty cake for me.you have to top the other guy's craziness! or you just another dude getting his rocks off on fedoras!(though dressing chicks up does still sound like fun!) dude is likeeee righttt there to moving up to a C-lister, but he needs that thing!

Hey! he is better than Killer moth though!

I love many characters in Batman's rogues gallery, Hatter isn't one of them. Instead of being the creepy/actually seeming dangerous variety, he just seems ridiculous

When I think Mad Hatter I usually think about the story

in Detective Comics #573 (April 1987): "The Mad Hatter Flips His Lids!"

Mad Hatter works best for small stories, either as a foe of a sidekick, dealing with girls on their age level, or for a small contained kidnapping-type story.

Mad Hatter's tech doesn't really make sense to me, and it's very sci-fi, but not necessarily based on real science. I mean, real subsonic hypnosis could be, theoretically, broadcast, but his hats are often treated like 'magic' and it makes for lesser stories.

I think the Mad Hatter in Robin: Year One should be built on. He's a pedophile, child trafficker. He's way deep into the dark side, into icky territory. He's a shock jockey, a bit like the Joker can be, but instead of balancing and becoming empathetic via humor and antics, the Mad Hatter would probably work better as a remorseless business man, or a introspective philosopher who sees himself as trading on dreams or people as easily as he'd sell a toaster.

As is, his coupe de grace is turning innocents against the Batman, which doesn't really have a lot of pull, unless he's brainwashing people Batman cares about against him. I haven't seen that done. They won't give him the respect he needs to be allowed to step on Batman's toes, and thusly earn the necessary respect to do so.

Jervis is creepy as hell in Arkham City :wow:

He's actually crazy. Like properly crazy. His patient interview tapes are spooky

He creeped me out in the animated series too, especially in his debut episode

Well, that's it for the Hatter. (The severly underrated Hatter. :argh:)

A VERY merry unbirthday to you.
vlcsnap-1025421.jpg

Talia Al Ghul

BT073.jpg

Last edited:
One of my favorite Batman villains and the two parter in Batman: TAS is still my favorite episode.

She was great as the one sane individual standing between Bats and Ras' feud. That is, up until a few years ago when somebody decided to make her nucking futs.

It might have been before Morrison. Who was writing Batman when Ras' long lost Jewish daughter showed up with all the crazy and dumped Talia into the Lazerous pitt?

That story was written by Greg Rucka

And your right Talia was pretty darn crazy in that one too

Not as crazy but still pretty crazy

Indeed

Since then she's just been a crazy bed intruder trying to taffy Batman out here :ninja:

And then her aunt showed up and tried to taffy Tim

The whole al Ghul family has become really rape-y :csad:

Indeed

Since then she's just been a crazy bed intruder trying to taffy Batman out here :ninja:

And then her aunt showed up and tried to taffy Tim

The whole al Ghul family has become really rape-y :csad:

She was pretty special at first, but she's lost a lot of her quality over the years. Her screwing Jason Todd was kinda it for me. Plus, Catwoman does the "not really evil femme fatale" bit sooooo much better.

Well Catwoman has skintight leather and a whip. That pretty much guarantees I'm always going to like her more than Talia :o

But I dig Talia as well :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back