State your unpopular book or music related opinion

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
So in honor of the unpopular opinion threads in the video games and films section, I've decided to make a thread for us to state our unpopular book or music related opinions.

I dislike Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". It's too theatrical and everyone pretends to know the lyrics but they really don't. Instrumentation is quite amazing though.

Last edited:
I hate John Steinbeck. Like, all of this books (that I've read). I would have enjoyed East of Eden if it didn't keep going and going and going, which may be why I was able to enjoy the Kazan film, since it only adapted half of it, lol.

Think you can handle it?

Music:

1. Metallica is crap. What a horrible singing voice...sounds like someone's singing while taking a crap.

2. Raise your fist and Yell = one of the best Alice Cooper albums. Seriously...I can listen to it again, and again...and again and again!

3. Winger is actually pretty good. Don't like all of their songs, though.

4. Bohemian Rhapsody is not the best Queen song.

5. I don't like Pink Floyd. It doesn't exactly sound like someone's taking a crap, but it sounds like someone's using the toilet or basement as a recording studio. Depressing stuff.

6. Nirvana is the worst thing ever. What's so special? Everybody sounds like that when they're drunk.

7. I can't stand any of Rihanna's songs. They make me sick.

8. Rap is mostly crap.

"Yuh aha maffakn b*tches". Deep.

9. I tried to like AC/DC, but it didn't work. Reminds me too much of cats fighting.

10. Don't know if it's unpopular, but Iron Maiden is hilariously bad.

It's impossible for me to hear "feah of de daahk..." without thinking "parody".

11. Beyonce stresses me out with her annoying songs.

12. Black metal is laughable and silly. Hard to take bands like Dimmu Borgir seriously when the vocalist sounds exactly like Popeye.

13. Why is Frank Zappa popular?

:gngl:

Think you can handle it?

Music:

1. Metallica is crap. What a horrible singing voice...sounds like someone's singing while taking a crap.

2. Raise your fist and Yell = one of the best Alice Cooper albums. Seriously...I can listen to it again, and again...and again and again!

5. I don't like Pink Floyd. It doesn't exactly sound like someone's taking a crap, but it sounds like someone's using the toilet or basement as a recording studio. Depressing stuff.

6. Nirvana is the worst thing ever. What's so special? Everybody sounds like that when they're drunk.

8. Rap is mostly crap.

9. I tried to like AC/DC, but it didn't work. Reminds me too much of cats fighting.

12. Black metal is laughable and silly. Hard to take bands like Dimmu Borgir seriously when the vocalist sounds exactly like Popeye.

I didn't know Bohemian Rhapsody was considered their best song. I mean I like it but I like their other songs more.

ANd it sounds like your listening to the wrong rap. There are plenty of rappers who don't do the stereotypical b****es and money. I feel a lot of people who complain about rap really only listen to whats popular which isn't fair. IT's like listening to Taylor Swift or Florida Georgia Line and saying country sucks in general

Heres one:
-Ringo is my favorite Beatle. Mostly because "With A Little Help From My Friends" is the only Beatles song that I really really enjoy

ANd it sounds like your listening to the wrong rap. There are plenty of rappers who don't do the stereotypical b****es and money.

I'm sorry, I'm sure there's good rap music out there, that's why I wrote "mostly crap".

When there's rap music on the radio/tv it's usually the vulgar stuff.

I dislike Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". It's too theatrical and everyone pretends to know the lyrics but they really don't. Instrumentation is quite amazing though.

I know them by heart, since I've been jamming to them for over 30 years. "Too theatrical"? That's a strange complaint.

Think you can handle it?

Music:

8. Rap is mostly crap.

Hard to argue with any of this. I'm neutral on Winger, since I never truly familiarized myself with them.

Except Iron Maiden is uproariously awesome.

I'm sorry, I'm sure there's good rap music out there, that's why I wrote "mostly crap".

When there's rap music on the radio/tv it's usually the vulgar stuff.

Hopefully this will point you in the right direction. :o

[YT]2lXD0vv-ds8[/YT]

That said, how the hell is Drake famous? Do people like him ironically, like Riff Raff or something? Can't stand his music.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think "Bohemian Rhapsody" is the best Queen song, either. I mean, there are several I prefer over it, but if I had to pick one favorite, I've always been partial to "Don't Stop Me Now," tbh.

Hopefully this will point you in the right direction. :o

Hmmm, no, I'm sorry:csad: I'm trying to like it, but I can't.

I don't think "Bohemian Rhapsody" is the best Queen song, either. I mean, there are several I prefer over it, but if I had to pick one favorite, I've always been partial to "Don't Stop Me Now," tbh.

I don't like that one. When I listen to Queen I usually skip it. Could be because many commercials over here use that song.

I don't like that one. When I listen to Queen I usually skip it. Could be because many commercials over here use that song.
Where is that? I've never heard it in a commercial here before. Seems like it's always "Bohemian Rhapsody," "Someone to Love," or "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions."

Death Metal is ****. Not 'the ****'. Just ****. Same with any of those other bands like Slipknot or whatever they are when they scream gibberish.

Death Metal is ****. Not 'the ****'. Just ****. Same with any of those other bands like Slipknot or whatever they are when they scream gibberish.
not sure if that opinion is unpopular, buddy.

King Lear is almost torturous to read or see performed.

I don't like Radiohead. At ALL. I can't stand Thom Yorke's voice.

Think you can handle it?

Music

Is this the real life?

Unpopular:

1. Never cared for Nirvana
2. While I prefer rock music, I enjoy nearly all types on music. Everyone complains that the music of today sucks, but I like it for what it is: catchy songs

Nirvana, Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan are the three most overrated bands/artists of all time, IMO.

- Pixies are way, way better than Nirvana.

- And on that note, my favourite Pixies album is Bossanova. Doolittle would be second.

- Next to Freddie, John Deacon was the best part of Queen.

- Syd Barret's Pink Floyd is easily on par with Waters/Gilmour Floyd, and imo, preferable.

- And on that note: Wish You Were Here/The Wall >>> Dark Side of the Moon

- I'm not a lover of the Beatles. I certainly don't dislike them, but for the most part, they're not my thing. The Kinks are actually my favourite of the British Invasion bands, and I don't think they get near enough credit. But then again, they are an intrinsically British band.

- DaDa is Alice Cooper's best piece of work. Unique, experimental and totally out there, but still catchy and easily accessible.

Those are some.

I actually enjoy the Twilight series from time to time, as entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"