• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Steve Trevor, One and Done, or Recurring Character?

Chris Pine is fantastic in this role and in this film. But for the movie to keep its impact, he needs to stay gone. I could see him occurring in a dream sequence or even if Diana went to the Underworld... that actually would be really cool now that I think about it.

But him as a major love interest and returning sidekick? No, the sacrifice needs to mean something. It is one of the many things that made the movie strong.

Chris Pine is fantastic in this role and in this film. But for the movie to keep its impact, he needs to stay gone. I could see him occurring in a dream sequence or even if Diana went to the Underworld... that actually would be really cool now that I think about it.

But him as a major love interest and returning sidekick? No, the sacrifice needs to mean something. It is one of the many things that made the movie strong.

Welp... There's your sequel Patty. Get on it. :woot:

Welp... There's your sequel Patty. Get on it. :woot:

Hey I said that on the previous page :oldrazz:

I agree that he needs to stay gone in that sense. No trick, no "he didn't really die" scenario. It would undermine this movie.

Last edited:
In future movies, they can have him appear in flashbacks of conversations between him and Diana that happened off-screen.

I don't think bringing him back is cheating or taking away the meaning of what he did. It doesn't erase the sacrifice he made. I for one would love to see him make a return. I mean, Steve is alive and well in the comics right? He's a major player so I was really shocked that they killed him off in the first place.

I don't think bringing him back is cheating or taking away the meaning of what he did. It doesn't erase the sacrifice he made. I for one would love to see him make a return. I mean, Steve is alive and well in the comics right? He's a major player so I was really shocked that they killed him off in the first place.

How would you bring him back?

I think something like him being in the Underworld is one of the few ways for him to come back as a character. Diana could save him (save his soul, from someone like Hades) then we could get mythological characters included as well. The gods are dead, Ares is dead. But in the underworld they could all meet. The movie could be highly mythological that way.

Though the sequel could move in another direction to that- where it continues to be "real world", historical, showing Diana's life in a certain era. It might just move on from Steve, Etta, Sameer etc.

I think something like him being in the Underworld is one of the few ways for him to come back as a character. Diana could save him (save his soul, from someone like Hades) then we could get mythological characters included as well. The gods are dead, Ares is dead. But in the underworld they could all meet. The movie could be highly mythological that way.

Though the sequel could move in another direction to that- where it continues to be "real world", historical, showing Diana's life in a certain era. It might just move on from Steve, Etta, Sameer etc.

Man, I really wanted to see a Wonder Woman sequel set in 1950s or '60s America and Wonder Woman helping really push the beginning of modern women's liberation (while also being a spy movie or something, so it's not wholly political). But now that sounds great two. If there is someway to blend both elements, there is a great movie in there somewhere.

Man, I really wanted to see a Wonder Woman sequel set in 1950s or '60s America and Wonder Woman helping really push the beginning of modern women's liberation (while also being a spy movie or something, so it's not wholly political). But now that sounds great two. If there is someway to blend both elements, there is a great movie in there somewhere.

In the New 52 we had Wonder Woman travelling the world, going to places like London and Sicily, meeting mythological characters, gods and creatures in our world, and then travelling to the Underworld and Mount Olympus etc. She moved and travelled between both the "real world" and the mythological worlds quite easily. It would be nice to have a blend like that in the movies. Because while I do want WW to be relevant to historical or modern times, I want the gods' story explained and explored as well, and to see ancient creatures etc.

Last edited:
I'd like to see him back but I doubt it. I will accept the comic finally accepting Trevor as a major player in the WW universe now. I think this movie helped solidify it

And please no relationship with Batman. I'd rather have Pine come back in some contrived way than have that happen

I'd be up for that :up:

Votes are tied -- 11 apiece :yay:

You know what would be dramatic. If WW exchanges herself for Steve, and then Steve tries to bring her out
of the Underworld with help from the Amazons. It can then be a psychological drama about her experiences on earth
as she's being tested in the Underworld. Or not :) So many possibilities.

I love the idea of him being trapped somewhere and Diana trying to save him and bring him back to the real world. I'd be up for anything except the "Steve Trevor has a great grand nephew who looks exactly like him" thing.

I think the fact he said about wishing he had more time and giving her his watch and then not seeing him die on screen meant something... like that watch is begging to be returned to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"